Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My father quit smoking late in life and from that day forward he became progressively younger. I was amazed how much younger he would look every time I would see him. He lived to be 92 years old.

Bless you and my best wishes for your success.

I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
Thank you all very much for the encouragement. I survived the drive in to work without lighting up, now its time to get through the working day.

RVM38. My rig: Currently rig-less.
US Army vet, writer, artist, and photographer.
The journey is the destination; the road goes ever on.
Nhytefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Good luck to you! I gave up cigerettes 9 years ago after my first grandchild was born. It is worth the discomfort you will go through for a few weeks. The cravings will subside as time goes on. I wish I could tell you, you will never want another one, but I find every now and again I would love a smoke. It is easier to resist tho. Now if my DH would quit I would be a real happy camper. Keep us posted.
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #18
Best of luck to you! Quitting was the hardest thing I've ever done...still is at times (after 8 years)!
Tony & Amy - Ohio
2 teen kids & a pomeranian
2010 Palomino Puma Travel Trailer
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
Never ever "quit ,quiting "
I stopped in 1992 .....
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
I found cravings like an ocean wave on shore. During the storm the waves were high and strong, as the storm abated, the waves got smaller and eventually a calm pond formed. Sure glad to get thru those cravings. That was many years ago and I have no desire to restart the storm again.
Wayne MD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
Jayco Owners Club

New Smoking Vaccine Using Gene Therapy Being Developed
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
National RV Owners Club
When I discovered my then 12 year old daughter was stealing cigarettes from my purse, I realized if I didn't have them to steal.... I quit in 3 days. Every time I had the urge, I would either, go outside and smell the fresh air, or relight a cigarette I kept for this purpose. I would light it, take one drag, then butt it out, carefully. I alternated that way until the third day when that lit and relit butt tasted awful and the fresh air was wonderful. That was over 30 years ago.

ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I quit in 1998...I watched my Dad go from 220 pounds to 68 pounds when they buried him . He died of Lung Cancer and Liver Cancer. I had several Aunts and Uncles that also died of cancer.
Who would of thought that now after not smoking for as many years as I did that when somebody that smokes walks by I can smell the stench on them.
Wow I wonder if all people that smoke smell like that.

Originally Posted by Nhytefall View Post
So, I made a decision that today was my last day as a smoker. I'm 38, blessed with a supportative family, and it is just time. Got to have money for the RV plans!
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Never ever "quit ,quiting "
I stopped in 1992 .....
Remember "Without Truck's......America Stops" RVM129
"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "Real Marines".
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC -
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #24
National RV Owners Club
Quiting is easy, I did it several times, but three years ago was the last time I quit for good. I used Chantix and it really helped me through it. And the bright colored dreams were really great while I was on the Chantix. A lot of folks I know that quit and still do not smoke used Chantix, not one of them went back. Cold Turkey is really hard, good luck. What makes it even better is your blood work and physical well being after a few months of a smoke free body. One thing that I've noticed since I quit is how bad a smoker smells as you cross paths. I often think, did I stink like that??
Joe & Angie
Shih Tzu's Cookie & Rocky
2001 Tradewinds 7390 2011 CRV EX-L Navi w/ RoadMaster FuseMaster
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
In 28 years of health care, I've seen heart attacks, cancer, COPD rob people of their family frends and lifestyle because of smoking. Most recent is my brother who used to coment and chuckle " you have to die of something!" Now after being mamed by a stroke and deprived of any ability to function, it's not so funny. Quit! You can do it!
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
Every time I would get into some sort of a high stress situation ten years after quitting my lungs would itch for a smoke. After perhaps 15 years the itch finally stopped.
Check out my photos and videos at:
grafxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #27
Newmar Owners Club
I quit in 1983 at 38 years old. Looked at the price and said enough is enough. Have not touched one since. It may be touugh for you, but well worth it. Best of luck to you and as was said above, NEVER QUIT QUITING.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale)* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it's any help, the little voice in your head that says "need a smoke" every three minutes will eventually lengthen out to once an hour, then once a day, week , month, year. It took a long while before that little voice finally shut up, but it was worth it.
I quit September 1st, 1980, cold turkey. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever done, but it was also one of the things in my life of which I am most proud. GO FORTH AND CONQUER!

Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote