Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #85

Two years ago during a routine medical they found a small polup on my blader. It was a day surgery to remove it and the doc said if I did not quit smoking I would be back in a year with the same thing. The growth was found to be cancer but not old enough to penetrate the skin.
That was my wake up call. I used Champix for 3 mos. and that was the end of my smoking days. I am 67 and started smoking when I was about 12-13 years old.
I can't stand the smell of them or anyone who smokes now. It really is a mind thing. When you are ready it is an easy thing to do.

Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #86
Hey ya'll, just wondering how we're all doing? Personally, I am at 38 days now and feelin' great. So chime in and let me know how things are!

RVM38. My rig: Currently rig-less.
US Army vet, writer, artist, and photographer.
The journey is the destination; the road goes ever on.
Nhytefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #87
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Full 18 months!
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #88
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by Nhytefall View Post
Hey ya'll, just wondering how we're all doing? Personally, I am at 38 days now and feelin' great. So chime in and let me know how things are!
28 years, and still craving occasionally. I'm bigger than it is though so no worries.
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #89
Texas Boomers Club
When we were young kids, my dad taught me and my brother a lifelong lesson. One day while working out in the yard, my dad caught me and my brother puffing on a cigarette butt he had thrown down. My dad had always been a 2 plus a day smoker and didn’t want that bad habit for his kids. So he thought he would teach us a lesson about cigarette smoking. He sat us down in the back yard and told us we were to smoke a pack of cigarettes each. He lit one and gave it to my younger brother and I made up an accuse to go to the restroom. When I came back, my brother was throwing up and my Mother was giving my dad an ear full.

This was 50 years ago and may sound a little cure to today’s standards but this scared the HELL out of both of us. I believe this was one of the most important lessons my dad taught us for my brother and I have not smoked all of our lives. Unfortunately, my dad died 5 years ago of emphysema as a results of his lifelong smoking. Based upon our family history, I believe smoking took 10 years off his life.
2005 Montana Mountaineer
Huffman, Texas
goldpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #90
Fleetwood Owners Club
11 weeks and doing great!! Little to no cravings and I can take real deep breaths again without coughing! Very pleased. You're doing good too! Keep it up. It keeps getting easier.
Terry and Cecelia "followin' the sun"

2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35DK towing a Chevy Equinox
cappelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #91
I quit in 1982 and was the best thing I ever did for myself. Hang in there, it gets easier. One day at a time....
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #92
Monaco Owners Club
I quit smoking and drinking 23 years ago and I feel pretty good for 77, U know that years ago the saying was that to preserve meat that it had to be pickeled or smoked. With the years of smoking and drinking I should be good for another 77 or more.
Norm and Sandra
99 DP 38A

normanj is offline   Reply With Quote