Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #15
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
can make it in RV, although most RVs are considered 3 season. They are typically not built for real cold. So Aspen would not be recommended for winter as example.
I want to again thank everyone who has responded.

Aspen isn't a reality even if the weather wasn't a factor. Property values are the highest in the country and the last RV and trailer park was gone when I was still there in the '70s.

The expense of living there is why I moved once we decided to start a family - living in Boulder (which is now almost as expensive) was maybe half the cost of Aspen. :(

Res708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2015, 04:52 AM   #16
Good luck and keep us posted in your new adventure.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B

dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #17
Originally Posted by dvmweb View Post
Good luck and keep us posted in your new adventure.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B

Thanks - I'll do that (keep you all posted)..I'm sure I still have a lot of questons but maybe most of them need to be answered with experience.

Found out yesterday I can get out of my car lease for a LOT less than the finance company wanted (so much it could have prevented me from doing anything). Amazing how dealers get such incredibly different deals when they take in a leased car than what leasees (sp?} are expected to give up to break their leases. In my case the finance company wanted not only penalties, etc...but wanted me to come up with the total sum of the 18 months of payments they figure they'd be losing (despite the fact they'd have the car and I wouldn't)...

Seller of the RV I'm looking at is away for two weeks. He said "no problem" as far as me having an RV mechanic check out the vehicle.

I'm pretty sure the tires will need to be replaced...owner said they should be good for another two years. Mechanic said since they are about 6 years old, they would need to be replaced. I wasn't sure of the size but a bit concerned since the owner told me they'd run around $2500 - yet the mechanic's guess was more like $200 per (6 tires).

Starting to get more expensive but maybe the owner will be a little flexible on price - it's sitting on his (huge) driveway along with his new and bigger RV.

Judging from his home I'd thinik a couple of thousand dollars would mean as much to him as the loose change in my couch cushions - but you never know...maybe he's rich because he's frugal.
Res708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As the man said, every now and again you have to say 'what the ****' and just go for it. I bet you could pick up great stuff for your book too, it's a weird and wonderful world out there.
Be safe

Barry and Pat, RVM114
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:17 AM   #19
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are campgrounds all over the USA, both public & private, that hire workcampers. You provide 20 or 30 hours of work per week, they provide campsite, electricity, water, sewer & sometimes cable TV.

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottish Terrier)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote