Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #127

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKL View Post
Linsay.....I have a Pilot Driver Payback card...Does this card get me the #.03 discount and cash price?...I gave pilot my old FJ card and they gave me this card....thanks RKL
No, that card will not get you fuel discounts as it is our Professional Driver card. Sorry they gave you the wrong card. Next time you visit a Pilot or Flying J, ask for an orange RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card. It says "RV" on the right hand side.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #128

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I was given a Professional Driver card at one point too, back when FJ/Pilot staf was as confused as everyone else. It now seems it was a mistake, but maybe the card can be used anyway? Can we use that card if we have it?
Yes, I am sorry for the mistake. You need an orange RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card which you can get at any Pilot or Flying J by asking for it at the counter. Be sure it is an orange card with "RV" printed on the right hand side.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #129

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljr View Post
Hi Lynsay,

I'm new to the forum. Just registered because I heard you were here. FJ has been my home on the road since my 1st RV over 15 years ago. Up until a few weeks ago my tow vehicles had never had anything but FJ diesel in the tank.

You have responded to many of my questions and concerns already. I have one more though.

I was registered to pay by personal check with the old FJ. Did that carry over?
So glad to have you back as an RV member! That makes my day. To answer your question, we do not have you register the type of tender you will use to pay as this often changes. Paying with a personal check does mean you will have to prepay if you use the Auto or RV lanes. However, if you use the truck diesel lanes, your RV card acts as a Pump Start card when you swipe it at the pump. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #130

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by washbob View Post
Is there a work around for pumps shutting off at $75.00 when paying via credit card at the pump? I currently us AMEX Business card and have to insert card three times (max amount times it will accept) and then switch to my AMEX Personal card to complete my fuel up. I try to use the RV Island (tight squeeze and not always possible) so I can avoid going inside, but playing the game with the credit card $75 limit gets old. I was told at the FMCA convention at Perry that Visa had bumped up their cutoff to $325.00, but I do not carry a Visa card. Wish that applied to other credit cards as well. I have been told in the past that the $75 limit is in place because that is the max allowed to be guaranteed by the bank in case of fraud. With the price of diesel, $75 doesn't buy you much.
If you use the auto or RV lanes, you will experience a shut off at $75 from all credit cards except VISA. We have been constantly working with the CC companies to raise these limits, but it is their decision for the cap so we're trying to do the best we can for now & continue to ask for increasing the limit. However, if you use the truck diesel lanes and start the pump with your registered RV card, you will not be shut off until $750.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #131

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Lynsay. Glad you are here.

You'd asked about other RV forums you might join. This is a good one, as you've already discovered, and the Tiffin site was a good suggestion ( TiffinRVNetwork ). Another big one is rv.net: RV , owned and operated by the Affinity group (also owners of Camping World, the Good Sam Club and publishers of probably the most popular RV magazines). The Escapees is a big RV organization: Escapees Discussion Forum . Lastly I might suggest the FMCA, an organization of all motor home owners: FMCA is for motor coach and motorhome owners. Motorcoach articles, motor home blogs, motor coach advice and motorhome videos.

Thanks again for participating. There's been a lot of Pilot / Flying J discussions on all of the RV forums, most of it negative.
Thank you for the suggestions! I will join those of which you mentioned that I'm not currently on. I am active on the FMCA forum and just recently joined the Tiffin Network. Thanks so much and to everyone out there reading, please pass others where you see Pilot Flying J mentioned where I could help. Thank you so much for helping me reach as many people as possible!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #132

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
If they gave it to everybody, it would be the regular price, not a discount... It is the same as many restaurants do. They create 'clubs' that when you sign up for a 'membership' they send various coupons for discounts.
Just to clarify as I've seen several posts about why we even have discount cards. We have several types of customers that use our facilities for various reasons. We cater to each set of customers through the various loyalty cards we have. It allows us to give you better deals on the things that matter to you most. On that note, we are always looking for new suggestions from customers so please let me know if you have any!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #133

Tiffin Owners Club
Linsay

Would you take the time to comment on Post 121?. I'm also interested in the answer

Jack
Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #134

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay25 View Post
LynSay, Welcome to the forum nice to have a Flying J/Pilot representative reviewing our threads.

I love the Flying J RV lanes and always use them for fuel. I do have a question which you may not be able to answer. When ever I use the RV Island for diesel or the auto Island for gas , RV value card and pay at the pump with my PenFed visa card when I get the statement the fuel is listed as Groceries and I lose my 5% rebate and get a 2% instead. Any ideas?

Thank You
beejay25
I actually haven't the faintest idea why they would process it that way. Have you talked with your credit card company about it?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
LynsayPFJ - hats off to what you are doing. I admire you for that. You have picked a difficult job.

I have "a bone to pick" with Flying J and had really given up on that. When fueling at a Flying J in Texas I "removed" all of my towing equipment from my RV due to a huge dip in the pavement 5 meters after leaving a designated RV fuel pump. The staff knew about the problem but had failed to warn the customers about this. The member of staff that we spoke to immediately accepted that the conditions was unacceptable and told us that damage was caused to customers vehicles on a daily basis.

We spend an extra night nearby just to come back to next day and fill in the obligatory claims form and was told that we would get contacted by a Flying J staff member with a view to get reimbursed for the damage. We went off waiting to hear from Flying J but never hear a thing.

The relevant papers are left in the RV in the US and we are in Denmark until end of September. We will get back to you when we return.

Haven given a Danish address we suppose that the responsible person just assumed that we, as tourists, would just go away never to be seen again. They were almost right.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #136

Monaco Owners Club
Lynsay,

I think the problem I just encountered was a procedural error but want to make sure for the future.

I registered my old card, issued thru FMCA, and today it worked for pump start. Problem I had was when I went in to pay. Clerk asked if I had a rewards card, I said yes and she had me swipe it again before swiping my creidt card. Result was a "failed" receipt printed with the cash price amount. She swiped the RV card and cc again. Result this time was approved for the cash price amount. (cash and charge price at this station are the same) I did not get the .03 discount. Was this because the clerk had me swipe the fuel card when I went in?

I know this was my specific issue but if it was due to a wrong procedure, maybe it will help someone else.

Thank you

Not sure if this matters but I forgot to mention, transaction number for failed and successful slips are the same.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #137

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post

WELCOME Lynsay

You are a "Brave Woman" to step right in here! This is a tough crowd.

Did you come here as part of a "corporate" inititative to improve customer satisfaction? or are you here because you just love us?

Either way, it says much for PFJ that one of "theirs" is here and listening to their customers. And we are good customers..every time one of us comes into your store you get at least a $250 sale!

Frankly, considering the cost of operating a motorhome, I buy fuel where it is cheapest and most convenient, sometimes that is a PFJ, most often times not. Remember that $0.10 per gallon means $10 each fill up for most of us, and as I have seen PFJ is "typically" $0.10-0.15 higher than the other retailers.
Hi Mike - Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here. I talk to customers a lot online through various websites, blogs, forums, and social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. I first joined the FMCA forum because someone emailed us about a lot of questions customers were having. From there, others kept suggesting other forums for me to join, so I did! And that's what brought me here to iRV2. I do LOVE our customers! I really enjoy my job and am happy to be here and help. I know the merger and new loyalty program have been difficult, and I just want to help make it easier for everyone. I'm trying to reach as many in the RV community as possible. I can't thank you all enough for allowing me to be part of your community. I hope you all know that I'm here as a resource and to take back any suggestions you have to make our RV services and loyalty program better. So thank you!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #138

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
The RV card is for all RVs. It will give you a discount on fuel (gas or diesel) at the truck lanes, the RV lanes, and at the auto lanes. It will even work for your tow vehicle (or even the family car) when you're not towing. I think there is a 100 gal. per month limit for gasoline. Two cents per gal. X 100 gal. is only $2.00 a month, but IMO, it's worth having. There is also a discount for LP and $5 off the $10 dumping fee.
Actually, there are no limits on discounts. Unlimited all the time at all lanes. So even better!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #139

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
Doubt she was intimidated She seems to be pretty sharp. My guess is she has the long Easter weekend off.
You guessed right! I was gone for several days for the holiday but I'm back.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #140

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.smithjr View Post
I'm a Canadian, and my FJ card is a "RV Real Value Member" and it's burgundy in color, not orange. It took months to get this card a couple of years ago.

Is this card of no value? How do I get the "right" one?
Hi Jim - That card will work just fine! But first, please go and register it. I can't post a direct link to the site but here it is spelled out - www (dot) frequentfueleradvantage (dot) com. I know that looks weird but after registering and adding in the card # of the card you have, you are good to go!

Closed Thread