Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #155

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do these RV discount cards also work for Canadians? Does it eliminate the need to punch in the ZIP code, that we don't have, when we pay with a credit card at the pump?
I like to seek out the FJ RV lanes with my 40' gas powered motor home and 24' trailer as these are generally easier to get in and out of but I do get very frustrated when I can't use my card at the pump because I have a postal code and not a ZIP code. I will not leave my card with any clerk and I don't know how much it will take to fill it up until I do so. If I say $200 and it only takes $175 now I have to go in again and get another receipt. And you always have to wait while the people in front of you buy their snacks, lottery tickets, cigarettes etc.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #156

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary N. View Post
Do these RV discount cards also work for Canadians? Does it eliminate the need to punch in the ZIP code, that we don't have, when we pay with a credit card at the pump?
I like to seek out the FJ RV lanes with my 40' gas powered motor home and 24' trailer as these are generally easier to get in and out of but I do get very frustrated when I can't use my card at the pump because I have a postal code and not a ZIP code. I will not leave my card with any clerk and I don't know how much it will take to fill it up until I do so. If I say $200 and it only takes $175 now I have to go in again and get another receipt. And you always have to wait while the people in front of you buy their snacks, lottery tickets, cigarettes etc.
Gary,

If you say $200 and it only takes $175, you do not have to go in again unless you desire a receipt that shows the exact purchase. When Pilot/FJ run your card for $200 they only put a hold on the account for that amount. The transaction is not completed until you finish at the pump. Your card will only be charged for $175.

Bob

2006 Honda in standby
Old 04-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #157

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Gary N.,
Most of your questions can be answered by going to http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/pilot...ion-90430.html . Read the entire OP. Your coach is like mine. Use the truck pumps, not the RV pumps. No zip code required. If the above mentioned OP does not answer your questions, post in that thread.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #158

Newmar Owners Club
The links I posted in posts 149 and 157 are no longer valid. The information is now in post #1 of this thread.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #159

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
All of this having to use special cards, special lanes, fuel amount cutoffs, etc. can be a real pain and be confusing. When we refuel, I think most of us just want to buy fuel at a good price, and then go. We really don't want to be bothered about having to follow certain rules to do business with Pilot/FJ. So, anything that can be done to make Pilot/FJ life simpler would sure be appreciated.
I know I would just rather stop at a Speedway, etc. and get a little better price and just fuel up and get on down the road. (And, pay at the pump is one of the greatest things ever invented.)
Old 05-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #160

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
All of this having to use special cards, special lanes, fuel amount cutoffs, etc. can be a real pain and be confusing. When we refuel, I think most of us just want to buy fuel at a good price, and then go. We really don't want to be bothered about having to follow certain rules to do business with Pilot/FJ. So, anything that can be done to make Pilot/FJ life simpler would sure be appreciated.
I know I would just rather stop at a Speedway, etc. and get a little better price and just fuel up and get on down the road. (And, pay at the pump is one of the greatest things ever invented.)
Exactly...not worth the trouble and don't use them.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #161

On 4/29/11 I fueled at Flying J in Carlisle, Pa. I used the truck pumps, put in my Flying J RV card and the pump started. I then went inside to pay with my credit card. After paying I noticed no discount. I asked the counter person who said "you only get the discount at the RV pumps". I told her that's not what this thread says but she was adamant so I let it go. It's not the money, it's the lack of communication from mgt. to employees that upsets me.

Mike
Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #162

Tiffin Owners Club
Hello lynsay

I was happy to see you here. I registered my old card the other day and your program seemed to work fine. I called PFJ to get new cards and customer services had access to all my info sending new cards. Went to easy, and thought I would double check my account. As you can already guess no record.. Got new cards yesterday and guess what. not able to register them. Does PFJ computer only work at certain time and days. If so please let us know when that this.

thanx

jack
Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #163

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Mtn.Mike,
Did you do the following:
When paying for fuel pumped at the truck diesel pump, present your payment method and your registered RV frequent fueler card to the cashier. The net cash price (discount and cash price) was displayed at the pump, once the pump recognizes you are a frequent fueler. It will not be broken out as line items on the receipt.

If the above is true, to understand what happened can you provide as much of the following as possible:
a. Your RV Real Value or Frequent Fueler number.
b. The transaction number from your receipt.
c. A short narrative explaining your concern.
d. The names of PFJ people you talked to.
e. Date and place the transaction occurred.

Post #1 in this thread provides information that may be of assistance.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #164

Monaco Owners Club
Gary and others,

Lynsay is checking with her IT folks for a similar problem I had.

Real Value card started the truck lane pump - price shown on pump was cash price (cash and credit price at this FJ is the same)

Went in to pay with CC but clerk had me swipe RVC again. System ran it as a failed transaction. Clerk reswiped RVC and CC and this time transaction went thru for cash price but no additional discount.

Lynsay is asking her IT if any additional swiping of RVC once inside could negate what it initially does at the pump.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #165

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Nonno,
For me, the answer is no. I swipe first at the truck pump. When paying for the fuel, the PFJ card is swiped again. The discounts remain, per the receipt stating the price per gallon I paid.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #166

Monaco Owners Club
Wow it worked!! Refueled, truck pumps at Walton, KY FJ, discount, cash price, in/out.

THANKS Lynsay!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #167

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Nonno,
PFJ IT has confirmed swiping the loyalty card, at the cash register, after swiping it at the pump has no effect on the transaction. The transaction was constructed at the pump, by following the fueling process for that pump.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #168

OK, I stopped by a Flying J location and got the orange card. I "activated" it at the kiosk there. I got home and got online and the system does not recognize me. I entered my email address to request a registration. I have not received an email.

Lynsay, what did I do wrong?

Don