Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #183

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Lindsay...and welcome...we are loyal Flying J customers from way back. Yes, we use the Truck lanes most often because we are 65' long. That said, please take a look at the Flying J in Yuma. Those RV lanes are, by far, the nicest feature of any of the Flying J's. Easy to get in, easy to get out and no cars to block you in. Maybe you could use that facility as a model for future upgrades.....thanks again for coming on here and putting yourself in the hotseat...now if you're really ready for some heat, head on over to RV.Net......:B:B:B.....Dennis

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #184

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great thread and providing good information. I have used Flying J stations when available since I got a motorhome seven years ago and will continue to do so in the future. Glad to see some glitches with the new ownership are being worked out but the only annoyance I've had is the $75.00 shut-off policy with my MC. Under Flying J, the pumps never shut off until full regardless of the amount so I've gotta believe there is some policy discretion by the station owner. I love the RV lanes, never had a space issue with my 38' MH and toad.....but don't appreciate the antics of some of the users.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #185

Newmar Owners Club
The following has been added to post #1.

For specific incidents where you do not feel the cash price and discount were received, please send:
a. Your RV Real Value or Frequent Fueler number.
b. The transaction number from your receipt.
c. A short narrative explaining your concern.
d. The names of PFJ people you talked to.
e. Date and place the transaction occurred.
to RV@pilotflyingj.com

Please be sure you understand and follow the fueling process,,,,to the letter. If the process is not followed, discounts and cash price may be lost for that transaction.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #186

Newmar Owners Club
For those registering their Frequent Flyer Card at a kiosk and then needing to manage their account online please complete the following process for each card registered via a kiosk:

1) Go to Frequent Fueler Advantage
2) Click register
3) Enter the email address you registered at the kiosk
4) A confirmation email will be sent to you. Follow the link back to the website.
5) When you do that, it should automatically pull up the info you put in the kiosk.
6) Then follow the next steps to complete your online account.
This process need be completed once for each Frequent Fueler card registered at a kiosk.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #187

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Ken Gluckman,
The pump $s cut offs are:
The following assumes one has inserted a registered PFJ Frequent Fueler card at the appropriate time in the fueling process.
Updated May 3, 2011
2. Pump $ cutoffs:
2a. VISA Auto/Car Lanes = $150.
2b. VISA RV Lanes = $495.
2c. MC, Discover, AMEX Auto/Car & RV Lanes = $75.
2d. Payment method does not matter at the truck pumps. Truck Pumps = $750.
Post #1 has been updated.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #188

Tiffin Owners Club
Gary

I have attempted to register using frequent fueler advantage so many times that I lost count. I did not use a kiosk just the ffa web site. This web site is an extremely poor one at best PFJ should be embarrassed to ask their customers to use it. I know on person who will not be a PFJ customer any longer.

I do thank you for your effort in putting this thead together and trying to help all. I guess Linsay has deserted us.

jack
Old 05-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #189

Monaco Owners Club
Thumbs down

I must concur with Jack R. My last two visits to the J (even with a registered RV card(orange) the pump start would not work and no discount given at the truck lanes. Next stop with the car only no discount at the regular fuel lines.
GaryKD carried on a courageous battle, but to me the hassle is not worth the effort of remembering all the rules, then get nothing in return. I will use the J only if it's the only option. Purchasing fuel does not have to be this hard.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #190

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jack R and All Readers of this thread.

Lynsay has not deserted us. There are too many posts that:
1. have nothing to do with the Frequent Fueler Program
2. do not include enough information to allow the question to be answered
3. have not followed the process that allows one to receive the benefits of the program

To keep the valuable and skilled PFJ resource answering iRV2 members questions, I am providing clarification, documenting processes and answering questions that have already been posted. I do not speak for PFJ. Those posts requiring additional research are researched by PFJ.

PFJ continues to monitor this thread.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #191

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Mtn.Mike,
Thank you for PMing me the additional information that allows your questions to be answered. Based on what the PFJ system shows, you received the cash price and the Frequent Fueler Discount.

The cash price at store 708 on 4/29 was $4.169. The customer was charged $4.139 which is the cash price less the 3 cent discount. The receipt itself will not show that a discount was provided.

For the benefit of all iRV2 members I post this answer on this thread. I'm not picking on Mtn.Mike. For those reading this post, it is important for for members to take the time to understand the program, how it works and what must be done to receive the benefits. Lastly, understand how to ensure one received the benefits one is entitled to. Please read post #1.

For those using the truck pumps, it is especially important to remember the cash price and discount will appear as the pump price, after the pump recognizes you as a registered RV Frequent Fueler customer with the pump start feature. The receipt should show the same as was displayed on the pump.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #192

Tiffin Owners Club
Gary

I never thought you were answering on behalf of PFJ. I thought you were doing exactly what you said you are doing, and I think you are doing one helluva of job.

Here's what you get using the FFA site. You can either register if you haven't or sign in. When you sign in it takes you to a screen to update your information..However, the screen doesn't provide any information for you to update, just a fill in the blanks, also provides a screen to change your password. I just want to register the cards sent to me by PFJ.

Maybe a PFJ IT genius should simplify this screen so all information you have submitted would be pulled up after signing in and anything needing updated can be. After confirming your data is OK, than a selections of other things you can do, such as register a 2nd, 3rd of however many cards you have. Could also have a selection for comments that are sent directly to customer service to read/respond to.

There has to be a better way to register cards than they currently provide.

Jack
Old 05-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #193

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
The following assumes one has inserted a registered PFJ Frequent Fueler card at the appropriate time in the fueling process.
Updated May 3, 2011
2. Pump $ cutoffs:
2a. VISA Auto/Car Lanes = $150.
2b. VISA RV Lanes = $495.
2c. MC, Discover, AMEX Auto/Car & RV Lanes = $75.
2d. Payment method does not matter at the truck pumps. Truck Pumps = $750.
So I guess we need to have a Visa card to fill up without pump shutdown (assuming $495 does it) at the RV lanes ?? I think that is discriminatory but if the policy is truly set by the CC companies, which I question, FJ/Pilot can not be faulted. I don't particularly like Visa, ergo I don't have one.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #194

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DandS,
There is a lot going on behind the scenes when it comes to CC cut off limits. The negotiation is how much will the CC company risk and how much will the merchant will risk. Combine this with the different customers frequenting PFJ and it becomes a bit complicated when setting cut off limits.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #195

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jack R,
I do not speak for PFJ. I have no affiliation with them except as a satisfied customer. I am doing exactly as I stated in an earlier post. To keep the PFJ resource monitoring this thread and answering questions something needed to be done. I volunteered to be that something.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #196

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gary,

Thanks for the clarification on the credit card limits. And thanks for your efforts to maintain some order in this very valuable thread.