Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #239

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Elkhartjim,
I make the edits to post #1. The information comes from PFJ.

Now it is my turn, was this information valuable to you? If so, why?

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #240

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Elkhartjim,
I make the edits to post #1. The information comes from PFJ.

Now it is my turn, was this information valuable to you? If so, why?
Sorry Gary, I didn't realize it was you doing the editing. I'm just confused. To my knowledge, not until Saturday, May 7th, has there been any instruction to take the registered card and DL in to have a clerk register for pump start. In the instructions that I have seen written by Lynsay it has not been mentioned you have to take the card in and give you drivers license number to a clerk to get the auto pump start authorized. The PFJ website makes no mention of it either. Like I said, I'm reluctant to give some clerk my drivers license number so I'll probably skip the auto start and just go in and ask to start the pumps if thats going to be a requirement.

Was what information valuable to me? If you're referring to who is doing the edits, I wanted to know that it was someone that knew the PFJ procedures.

Thanks, hopefully we will hear from PFJ tomorrow with clarification.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #241

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
While PFJ staff will not return to work until Monday, I researched several other forums having this same discussion. This may or may not change on Monday, post #1 has been updated to reflect the most current information I can find. For those interested, I updated post #1 based on information PFJ had posted on a different forum. The pertinent information from PFJ on another forum is:
" You are automatically registered for Pump Start at the truck diesel lanes when you register your RV card (whether it is an older FJ card or one of the new orange RV cards). You do not have to show your license to a cashier or fuel 500 gallons to receive the discount."

I have not been notified by PFJ of them dropping the DL requirement. I knew iRV2 members deserved the latest and greatest so as of today, this is it.

Thanks for pointing this out. Your patience is appreciated. Based on how the program is evolving, a three legged race is inevitable from time to time.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #242

Newmar Owners Club
Since Pilot bought the J, I was one of the very early RVers enter into this program (it's a long story). At that time having to see the PFJ cashier with a DL was a requirement. Even when documenting the process I did not recognize I had not provided the "see the cashier" step in post #1. When it was pointed out, I changed post 1. Then ya'll know what hit the fan. I used to write processes and get paid for it! Retired for seven years and the skills I have lost (gone to rust) is amazing.

I hope post #1 is correct as it stands and will not be updated again, for the DL requirement.

Based on what we've gone through to get to where we are today, I'd like to use a phrase most members will recognize. "We've come a long way baby."
Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #243

If you click on the Frequent Fueler Advantage “Benefits” tab, you’ll see that Pump Start is listed as a benefit for both “Professional Drivers” and “RV Customers.” If you scroll down the page, you’ll see the following:

Pump Start
Start the fuel pump instantly just by swiping your loyalty card. No need to go inside first! After registering your card, visit any Pilot or Flying J front desk to sign up for Pump Start. Present your license and CDL, for Professional Drivers, to the cashier with your Frequent Fueler Advantage card. After you accrue 500 gallons of fuel, you will be able to unlock Pump Start to turn on the pump just by swiping your loyalty card. It’s that easy!

However, if you click on the Frequent Fueler Advantage “FAQ” tab, you’ll see the following question and answer in the “RV” section:

What is Pump Start and how do I get it?
Pump Start allows you to start the truck diesel fuel pumps using your Frequent Fueler Advantage RV Card – or your RV Real Value Card (if you are currently using one). All you have to do is register your card and Pump Start at the truck diesel lanes will be available.

In Linsay’s post #9, she said, “Pump start is automatically turned on when you register your card. This is necessary to start the pumps at the truck lanes.”

As I said in my earlier post (#236), my Pump Start status showed “Activated” as soon as I registered my card and without presenting the card to a PFJ cashier for activation.

When PFJ first announced the revised RV program, RVers were only going to get the $.03 discount with a minimum purchase of 25 gallons, and we were going to have to pump a cumulative 500 gallons before Pump Start would be activated (after presenting our PFJ RV Card and our DL to a cashier.)

PFJ quickly removed the 25 gallon and 500 gallon requirements and, based on my experience, they have probably removed the DL requirement also. I believe PFJ just needs to clean up their website to eliminate the confusion.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #244

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Triker56 (post 224):
Debit card limits are the same as the credit card limits. See post #1 for details. When the pump cut off at $75, this was correct. Registering the Frequent Fueler card for pump start is for the truck pumps only. At the RV/Auto pumps, the payment method starts the pumps.

The printer not working is not acceptable. This will be passed on to store management. If no receipt is printed, one can start the pump again and continue until the fueling process is completed. Then go into the store and collect the receipts for the separate transactions.

When kiosk coupons are printed the name of the restaurant is on the coupon. Currently, the coupons are good only at PFJ operated restaurants. Denny's and McDonald's have no coupons at this time.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #245

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Gary,

Did you get any clarification on pump start from PFJ today?

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #246

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Gary,

Did you get any clarification on pump start from PFJ today?

Thanks.
You can email them direct at Pilot Flying J They responded to my inquiry within 40 minutes.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #247

Has anyone been able to pump more than $150 in the RV Lane with a VISA credit card at any PFJ?

In spite of the propaganda about a $495 limit, I have encountered a shut-off at $150 at two different locations in the past ten days, most recently yesterday, amongst a whole slew of other problems..........but I am still trying to be optimistic.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #248

Monaco Owners Club
On 5/2/11 I used my Visa card in the RV lane and pumped 91.765 gallons for $370.64 by just swiping the cards and got my receipt and drove off. No problems. This was at FJ#734 on US59 at SH242, just north of Houston. Worked just like it was supposed to. Did have problems week before that at the FJ on I-45 in north Houston, it said to "see cashier". Guess it's taking a little time to get to all the stations. Good luck!
Beltone
Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #249

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Elkhartjim,
Post #242 clarified what happened and that I adjusted post #1. The bottom line is no DL is required for the pump start feature for holders of a registered RV Frequent Fueler Card or the old RV Real Value Card .
Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #250

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MHingFun,
There is nothing that can be done with the information provided in your post. Please go to post #1. Provide the details asked for to PFJ. They can determine the root cause of the problem and communicate directly with you.

Once closed, it would be great if you could post the solution in this thread.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #251

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Elkhartjim,
Post #242 clarified what happened and that I adjusted post #1. The bottom line is no DL is required for the pump start feature for holders of a registered RV Frequent Fueler Card or the old RV Real Value Card .
Thanks. Now I think I'll unsubscribe from this thread to eliminate future confusion.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #252

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Debit card limits are the same as the credit card limits. See post #1 for details.
Gary in my post #224.
I did say my Visa Debit card was cut off at $75
I think they pump did ask if it was a Debit or CC use.
I put in my code for Debit.

The next time I put in a different Visa CC and the pump didn't shut off at $75
But I was full at $119.
Another RV beside me said his pump shut off at $150. But I don't know what CC he used.

You would think the RV card that can start the Truck lane pumps.
Could be programed to start the RV Island pumps the same.

Using my Visa Debit or Visa CC is no big deal as both are on the same bank and I pay my monthly CC by a transfer on line.

I just wished I knew ahead of time the pump would shut off at $75 to save a trip inside. But if I had used my CC first it probably would have shut off at $150 and I wouldn't been full yet($198 total). So I would have still had to make a extra trip inside.

Looks like they are trying to make it easier for RV's to use the truck pumps instead off the RV Islands.

MSN shows today in my next fuel up area Murphy's $3.95 and FJ $4.28.
Where do you think my fill up will be at?

So it looks like your #1 post for the.
Updated May 3, 2011
2. Pump $ cutoffs for (debit and credit cards Added May 9, 2011):
2a. VISA Auto/Car Lanes = $150.
2b. VISA RV Lanes = $495.

Is not true for the I75 Exit 2 GA. station yet.
I will probably be back at that station in September to see if things changed.

Closed Thread