Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #253

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Triker56,
You can do nothing and be surprised at the next PFJ fill up or you can take some action to try and determine why your cards are different. Consider:

1. Go to post #1 and send the details of the transaction to PFJ. They can communicate directly with you about their input to cut off limits at that fueling location.

2. Call your card company and get to the bottom of what are the fueling limits on your cards. Can they be increased?

CC cutoff limits are complicated because there are several players that have their hands in the cutoff amount. I do not know who over rules who or which cut off has priority. What I can do is recommend you consider taking these actions so at least you will understand who the guilty party is when it comes to your cards.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi MHingFun,
There is nothing that can be done with the information provided in your post. Please go to post #1. Provide the details asked for to PFJ. They can determine the root cause of the problem and communicate directly with you.

Once closed, it would be great if you could post the solution in this thread.
Gary,

Through various discussions with PFJ personnel during the past several months, and specifically after a chat with the Chairman of the Board, I have developed a contact relationship with a senior manager at PFJ Corporate, who has even gone so far as to give me his personal cell phone number; sorry, but I don't feel it appropriate to share his name, position, or cell number, but trust me, he is a senior manager in the corporate ranks.

When I encountered the first $150 cut-off a couple of weeks ago using a VISA in the RV lane, I spoke directly with my contact, who researched and replied that this was a known programming problem for the RV lane only (not the truck lane), which would be corrected "in the next few days". I encountered the same problem on my next RV lane stop, this past Sunday, at another location in another state. I am still trying to connect with my contact on that one.

The simple solution for me would be to go into the truck lanes, but just as I don't want cars in the RV lane, I personally prefer to remain out of the truck lanes, so that I don't impede the professional drivers from earning their living.

My point in my previous posting was to see if other people's experiences demonstrated this to be universal or just for certain store locations. I see now that at least one person posting on this thread seems to have been able to surpass the $150 limit at one location in the RV lane.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #255

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MHingFun,
Thanks for taking the time to post such a long and thoughtful reply. No need to apologize for not providing details of your executive contact. I do not want them. The PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Program is improving daily, really day by day. The improvements come from following the instructions in post #1. Because of this, the most up to date and correct information can be found by communicating with the email address provided in post #1.

If you'd like to have your concern investigated to find the root cause of the problem, which may be unique to you or have been a programming error at that the time of the transaction, please provide as much of the following information to RV@pilotflyingj.com

The information is:
Store # (at least city, state)
Date & Time
Partial credit card number (First 6 and Last 4 digits only)
Amount fueled
Your RV Real Value or Frequent Fueler number
The transaction number from your receipt
A short narrative explaining your concern

Managers and staff at that email address have the capability to determine what went wrong. They can communicate directly with you, via email.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #256

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
For those using debit cards at the RV or auto fueling pumps, the following has been added to post #1:

Added May 11, 2011
3. Pump cut off limit for Debit Cards (PIN needed) is $75 at all Auto and RV pumps (diesel and gas).
Old 05-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #257

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
The following was added to post #1 today.

Added May 12, 2011
6. At which locations can one receive the cash price and discount? Go to the PFJ website at: http://pilotflyingj.com/locations and if the title of the location says anything except “Pilot Travel Center” or “Flying J” it is not owned/operated by Pilot Flying J and at these locations, the discount is only available at the truck diesel lanes when the Pump Start Feature is used with the Frequent Fueler Card. This is also indicated in the new RV travel guide: http://pilotflyingj.com/assets/templates/pilot/images/RVTG_v10_eproof.pdf
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #258

That is very good information. Thanks Gary.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Everyone,
The following was added to post #1 today.

This is also indicated in the new RV travel guide: http://pilotflyingj.com/assets/templates/pilot/images/RVTG_v10_eproof.pdf
Gary,

Is that brochure now available at the PFJ stores, or going to be soon? Looks very handy to keep handy. Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #260

Fleetwood Owners Club
If they took that RV picture off the bottom of every page. They could put more stations on each one. The way it is now. It would be a big waste of paper to print that PDF brochure.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
If they took that RV picture off the bottom of every page. They could put more stations on each one. The way it is now. It would be a big waste of paper to print that PDF brochure.
Triker,
Ya, they could do that. But then they'd loose the kickback they get from the ink suppliers, the paper suppliers, the tree cutters, the... you get the idea.
P/FJ isn't in the market to help anybody.
michigancamper
Old 05-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #262
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Using the FJ card in the truck lanes and it worked fine. Swipe the card, wait for approval, press continue, pay inside. Very, very nice. Now if they would just accept the CC at the truckers pumps would be nice for those, "I have to hurry" days.

Thanks FJ/Pilot.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #263

Newmar Owners Club
Got my FJ RV card, registered online and used it the same day. Pulled up to the truck lanes, swiped FJ RV card, continue, and fueled. Pulled ahead went in and payed with cc and got the cash price with 3 cent discount. Very pleased. I hear CC payment at the pump may be here this summer. Hope it's true!!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #264

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a credit card that gives me a 5% cash rebate for fuel when I swipe the card at the pump. That is much more significant than the Flying J 3 cents discount. Because I use this card for fuel, I WILL NOT buy fuel where I cannot swipe my card at the pump ...which means my 40' motorhome and car no longer use the truck island even when the RV island is full and the truck island is half-empty, and after trying a couple of Pilot branded locations I won't be back unless they have an RV island.

A month or so ago at Greenville LA when ALL the card readers at the RV island were out of order, a chat with the manager resulted in my using the diesel pump at the car island in order to get my 5% "swipe at the pump rebate." Fortunately traffic was light and the layout favorable so our using the car island diesel pump was not a problem.

Many, many times since the "merger", I have left with only a partial fill because the pump cut off at $75 and would allow me to swipe my card only twice ...$150 does not come close to filling my 100 gallon tank, even when only half empty ...and more than once I have chosen to buy fuel elsewhere so I could get a full tank AND my rebate with no trouble.

It sure would be great if Pilot eventually got all the "new" problems ironed out to make refueling at a Flying J an easy, pleasant event once again.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #265

Newmar Owners Club
Hi AFChap,
Your post was quite a rant about PFJ changing to suite your personal situation. Like any business, PFJ has offerings for those who can benefit from them. As to your CC providing a discount only when one pays at the pump, this seems to be a CC problem, not a PFJ problem. There are many other CCs that provide generous discounts for fuel, pay at the pump or store.

CC cut off limits imposted by PFJ are mentioned in post #1. Have you read post #1? A customer's experience with CC pump cut offs different that those in post #1 are the result of other players involved in the process of granting you credit. PFJ can do nothing about what your CC company or the CC processing company(s) involved with your CC have decided to limit your purchases.

If you are able to benefit from PFJ's programs that is great. If not, finding other fueling options is your logical next step.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #266

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Having a PenFed credit card I will also be finding other fueling options.

Closed Thread