Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
This may be a silly question, but I'm a bit confused about the "RV card" versus the regular "Frequent Fueler Card". When I went into Flying J and asked for a card, I was given a card called "Pilot Frequent Fueler Advantage - Professional Driver" card.

-> Is this the wrong card?
-> Should it say "RV" somehere on it?
-> Do I need to ask for a different card?

The station I was at didn't have any other cards on display.
Nina

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Lynsay, you stated:

>Truck Diesel Lanes:

>Insert only the loyalty card at the pump to enable “Pump Start”
>Do not insert any other card such as a credit or debit card at the pump or the >transaction will fail
>Pump fuel
>When finished fueling, hang up nozzle
>Pull forward to clear lane so that others may fuel
>Go inside and see cashier for payment
>Even if paying with credit/debit card still receive cash price and $.03 discount
>Discount details will not be printed on receipt but discount will be applied to total

The problem with the Truck lanes is this. Many of us wish to use a Credit Card at the Truck Lanes and pay at the pump. It cost us money NOT to pay at the pump, in fact it cost 5% of the purchase price NOT to pay at the pump. So going inside to pay the cashier is not acceptable as our discount is lost. This alone drives us to seek other stations to refuel.

I for one do not want to avoid Pilot/Flying J stations, but do so as a result of not being able to use my credit card and PAY AT THE PUMP in the Truck Lanes.

So will you change this or not? If not, you will be losing lots of customers. If this change is made you will retain lots of customers. Please don’t suggest I use the RV lanes, my coach, and many others, will not fit there.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Get a card?

Hi Linsey I just registered on line for my card. Can i assume that a card will be sent to my home address shortly?
Despite the negative posts that I have read, I understand that in the past your organization had a good program, but ran into problems. Because of this, and because you have presented yourself to us in a effort to clear up these problems, I feel you are making a true effort to address the issues.
I feel that it won't be long before our forum will be saying "You must have a Flying J pilot card.
Thanks for this step in the right direction.

PS. Because your now one of our family, how about the family iRV2 discount?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rex, I agree. I, as others I have noticed, have a PenFed card that for a 5% discount must pay at the pump for the discount. Pay at the pump would put FJ/Pilot at the top of my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Lynsay, you stated:
The problem with the Truck lanes is this. Many of us wish to use a Credit Card at the Truck Lanes and pay at the pump. It cost us money NOT to pay at the pump, in fact it cost 5% of the purchase price NOT to pay at the pump. So going inside to pay the cashier is not acceptable as our discount is lost. This alone drives us to seek other stations to refuel.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #19

Hello Lynsay,

1/I just picked up an RV Real Value Card the other week. Can I register online or do I have to go into a station in order to get pump start activated. Can this be done at a Pilot if I have to go in.

2/Are all pilot locations to accept card and give cash price with the card or just Flying J's?

Thanks
Jon
Old 04-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibase View Post

Now THAT would make me a Pilot customer!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Welcome Lynsay

Being new to RVing I have noticed that the Flying J"s that I have tried to use are not friendly at all to large gasoline coaches. The so called RV island is hard to navigate in and out because of its location, so I look for more acceptable fuel islands at other stations.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #22

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
This may be a silly question, but I'm a bit confused about the "RV card" versus the regular "Frequent Fueler Card". When I went into Flying J and asked for a card, I was given a card called "Pilot Frequent Fueler Advantage - Professional Driver" card.

-> Is this the wrong card?
-> Should it say "RV" somehere on it?
-> Do I need to ask for a different card?

The station I was at didn't have any other cards on display.
Nina
Hi Nina - Sorry they gave you that card. Yes, there is an RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card. It's orange. That's the one you need. Just toss the blue Professional Driver one they gave you.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #23

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Lynsay, you stated:

>Truck Diesel Lanes:

>Insert only the loyalty card at the pump to enable “Pump Start”
>Do not insert any other card such as a credit or debit card at the pump or the >transaction will fail
>Pump fuel
>When finished fueling, hang up nozzle
>Pull forward to clear lane so that others may fuel
>Go inside and see cashier for payment
>Even if paying with credit/debit card still receive cash price and $.03 discount
>Discount details will not be printed on receipt but discount will be applied to total

I for one do not want to avoid Pilot/Flying J stations, but do so as a result of not being able to use my credit card and PAY AT THE PUMP in the Truck Lanes.

So will you change this or not? If not, you will be losing lots of customers. If this change is made you will retain lots of customers. Please don’t suggest I use the RV lanes, my coach, and many others, will not fit there.
Hi Rex - Yes, completely understand this scenario and your frustration with it. We don't currently have the ability to pump start (give you a discount) and pay at the pump with a credit card. We have a new system going in this summer that will allow us to do this, but at this time we cannot. I am sorry for this inconvenience, but we are working on it.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #24

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibase View Post
Hi Linsey I just registered on line for my card. Can i assume that a card will be sent to my home address shortly?
Despite the negative posts that I have read, I understand that in the past your organization had a good program, but ran into problems. Because of this, and because you have presented yourself to us in a effort to clear up these problems, I feel you are making a true effort to address the issues.
I feel that it won't be long before our forum will be saying "You must have a Flying J pilot card.
Thanks for this step in the right direction.

Actually, you just created an online account. You will need to visit a Pilot or Flying J location and ask for the RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card. It is orange. You will then need to go back into the online account you just made, and add this card to your account. I know Flying J used to mail cards, but we don't do that. For most people, they've found it easier just to pick up a card at a location and register it there or on their own time.

And thank you for your kind words. I can promise you that we are working hard to make this up to our customers who have had such frustrations with the change.

And can you tell me more about this iRV2 family discount? I'm not sure what that is!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Lynsay

you might want to also join TIFFIN RV NETWORK for a question and answer. I know alot of folks there are frustrated.

jack
Old 04-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ

Hi Nina - Sorry they gave you that card. Yes, there is an RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card. It's orange. That's the one you need. Just toss the blue Professional Driver one they gave you.
Thanks for the answer. Sorry to ask another question, but I just want to make sure I understand. The incorrect (professional driver) card that I got was activated by the Flying J and I registered online (and online profile shows pump start activated), but you're saying it's not the right card. Is there a difference in the discount? I guess I just want to understand why I need to toss it and go through the process of activating another card.

Appreciate all the help!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #27

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
Lynsay

you might want to also join TIFFIN RV NETWORK for a question and answer. I know alot of folks there are frustrated.

jack
I'll join right now. Thank you for the suggestion! Please feel free to pass on any threads you think I should join.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #28

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
Thanks for the answer. Sorry to ask another question, but I just want to make sure I understand. The incorrect (professional driver) card that I got was activated by the Flying J and I registered online (and online profile shows pump start activated), but you're saying it's not the right card. Is there a difference in the discount? I guess I just want to understand why I need to toss it and go through the process of activating another card.

Appreciate all the help!
The blue Professional Driver card won't give you any fuel discounts. That card is designed to give Shower Credits and points for in-store merchandise. You don't have to go through online registration again. Just add in the new orange RV card number to your existing online account. Ask as many questions as you need. That's what I'm here for!