Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #267

Newmar Owners Club
The following was added to post #1 today.

Added May 16, 2011
Additional information about $ pump cutoffs. PFJ established the above mentioned limits for RV Frequent Fueler customers. However, there are other companies that also have a say in when the pump cuts off for you as an individual customer. These other companies may have a different $ amount than mentioned above. Be assured the above mentioned $s pump cut offs are programmed into the PFJ systems. If you are allowed more or less than the above mentioned limits that decision was not made by PFJ.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #268

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Your post was quite a rant about PFJ changing to suite your personal situation.
not a rant ...just stating the facts as to what used to work well at FJ and does not work now with PFJ.
Quote:
As to your CC cut off limits imposted by PFJ are mentioned in post #1. Have you read post #1? A customer's experience with CC pump cut offs different that those in post #1 are the result of other players involved in the process of granting you credit. PFJ can do nothing about what your CC company or the CC processing company(s) involved with your CC have decided to limit your purchases.
Yes, I have read post #1 and others, and have heard similar "explanations" at PFJ locations. When I do NOT experience the same kinds of limitations on my purchases previously at FJ and now at most other businesses, I have to assume the "explanations" are too much "blame the customer" and not enough customer service. ...and the fact that PFJ keeps raising the limits seems to bear that out, eh? At least they now have much more reasonable purchase limits ...slowly but surely they are getting back to the former FJ level of service. Maybe they will eventually win some previous customers back.
Quote:
If you are able to benefit from PFJ's programs that is great. If not, finding other fueling options is your logical next step.
I agree, and I have been doing exactly that. After years of being almost exclusively a FJ customer, I am buying more and more of my fuel at other places who appear to be more interested in RV customers. It just seems a shame that PFJ locations that are set up so well for RV customers appear to be much less interested in our business than FJ was. Maybe eventually they will get all the pieces back in place to the point that RVers can be assured of a hassle-free experience when we pull in to spend several hundred dollars.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #269

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I pulled into a travel center in Salina, KS today. The sign said Pilot. The pump start feature would not work, so went into the station. I was told they were not a Pilot station. When I pointed out that the sign said Pilot, I was told they accept the Pilot card, BUT they are not a Pilot and pump start won't work and no discounts. I was kind of at a disadvantage because I needed fuel, and didn't want to search for another fuel station.

I think if the sign says Pilot, it should honor the Pilot programs.

I have not had a problem in any other fuel stops.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #270

Newmar Owners Club
Hi everyone,
ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION
This is posted in post #1. I post it here again to encourage everyone to obtain a copy and avoid disappointment. Go to http://pilotflyingj.com/assets/templ...v10_eproof.pdf
and download a copy of the RV Travel Guide. This guide provides information about where one can obtain PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Benefits.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #271

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MHingFun,
The RV Travel Guide will not be available in the stores as a hard copy book. If PFJ is attending a rally, in your area, they may have books at the rally booth. Availability via the web site is the primary method of distribution.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #272

Alpine Owners Club
In mid-April, we tried to use our "new" Frequent Fueling card for RVs at two different Flying Js in NV & CA, and neither would give us a discount. Perhaps we did something wrong; I'm not sure, so I'm not naming the stations here. We had registered the card before that trip, so I just don't know what may have happened. We were so frustrated, though, that we had pretty much decided we wouldn't go out of our way to find a Flying J anymore.

However, I am very pleased to report that I used our card today in Barstow, and it all worked as advertised! Thank you so much for getting everything working to give us a great incentive to continue to give Flying J our business (as we have done for nearly 10 years).
Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
Hello everyone - My name is Lynsay and I'm with Pilot Flying J. I am new to this forum and I am here to help answer any questions you all have regarding our RV Frequent Fueler Advantage program. I know many in the RV community were loyal patrons to Flying J before the merger with Pilot Travel Centers. We didn't realize at the time, but we made it difficult on RVers to use our facilities, and for that we are sincerely sorry. We have made lots of changes to the program after hearing from many of our customers and members of the RV community. As I said before, I'm here to help, so please reach out to me or let me know if you see forum threads that I should become part of to help decrease the hassle at the pump. Thank you all for letting me be part of your community.
Lynsay,

I have a Pilot/FJ frequent Fueler Advantage card. A couple of days ago I stopped at the FJ station in Yuma AZ(FJ #505), swiped my PenFed Platinum Cash Reward Visa card then my Frequent Fueler card. Pump started then stopped at $150. Swiped both cards again, pump stopped at $150. Had to swipe again to fill up. Talked to station manager and asked why I wasn't allowed to fill on one swipe? Was informed that there pumps were not at fault and was probable a Visa issue. Called Visa they referred me to PenFed, who issued the Visa card, they said no there was no limit like that on their cards and they had no explanation for the $150 limit. Called Pilot/FJ, all operators were busy helping other customers and suggested i leave my name and phone # and they would call me back. Didn't get a call so I called again, same result. Please explain the problem so I can get this issue resolved.

Thank you very much.

Jim E
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #274

There is a third party involved in the credit card transactions and that’s the credit card processor used by PFJ. They can also impose limits. Perhaps that’s the real source of our limit problem. Lynsay, if you are still monitoring this thread, what do you think?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #275

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIlBoy View Post
I pulled into a travel center in Salina, KS today. The sign said Pilot. The pump start feature would not work, so went into the station. I was told they were not a Pilot station. When I pointed out that the sign said Pilot, I was told they accept the Pilot card, BUT they are not a Pilot and pump start won't work and no discounts.
Their is no Pilot listed in their Travel brochure in Kansas.
Only Flying J's.
Looks like you stopped at the wrong Exit in Salina unless both stations was at the same exit.

KANSAS
Salina #659
I-70, Exit 253
2250 North Ohio Street, 67401
785-825-5300 Fax:785-452-9221
Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #276

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Pairajays & CactusJohn,
The pump cutoff limits set by PFJ are in post #1 with additional information reposted in post #267 (this info is also in post #1). Based on the information in your post, you were at the RV or Auto pumps. If this is true, PFJ has set a limit of $150/transaction.

To avoid disappointment, it may be helpful if you read post #1. After reading, if questions remain, the best way to get an answer is to send your question directly to PFJ at the link in post #1. You can also post here. However the answer may take a bit longer to obtain.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Their is no Pilot listed in their Travel brochure in Kansas.
Only Flying J's.
Looks like you stopped at the wrong Exit in Salina unless both stations was at the same exit.

KANSAS
Salina #659
I-70, Exit 253
2250 North Ohio Street, 67401
785-825-5300 Fax:785-452-9221
The 2010-2011 Travel Guide that I have, with both Pilot and FJ logos on the cover, lists the above FJ #659 AND Pilot #903, I-70, Exit 252, Salina, KS. In the directory, that entry has both the Pilot logo and a "B" logo that I do not see explained in the directory. This same combination is also shown for Pilot store #920, I-70, exit 54, in Colby, KS.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi MHingFun,
The RV Travel Guide will not be available in the stores as a hard copy book. If PFJ is attending a rally, in your area, they may have books at the rally booth. Availability via the web site is the primary method of distribution.
Gary,

Please do not take this question the wrong way. I am simply trying to overcome my newbie ignorance.

Are you affiliated with PFJ and speak on behalf of the company with "corporate intelligence", or are you like many others who have simply searched available resources for answers? Unfortunately the answers that the rest of us are finding seem to be a combination of incomplete, contradictory or incorrect, and therein lies much of the problem.

Just one example is that in your posting #1, May 3 Update, you state that the RV lane VISA limit is $495, but in four different location in recent weeks, the latest of which was today, the pump cuts-off at $150. I have been told directly by a senior manager of PFJ that the $495 is still in-process of being implemented at the RV lanes.

Throughout this thread you have implied that it is just simply a matter of the customer doing everything right, but yet I continue to see a series of almost daily revisions and additions to your post #1 to the point that it has so many revisions, etc, that it is hard to sort out the correct essence of the message to operate pumps TODAY.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #279

Just to add to the confusion... I used my MasterCard and PFJ RV card in the RV lanes in three states over the past two days and was cut off at $100 (not $75 as stated in post #1) each time.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #280

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MHingFun,
I am a member of iRV2. That is all. My relationship with PFJ is that of a satisfied customer. This information has been posted earlier in this thread. Post #1 is a compilation of information received from PFJ in response to questions raised by RVers wanting to receive the benefits of the PFJ Frequent Fueler Program. It is a reflection of what is available and how to obtain the benefits of the program. There may be nothing in post #1 that is not available on the PFJ web site. However, too many RVers "want it their way". I have found, way too many times, a lack of willingness on the part of the customer to educate themselves on how the program works and how to receive benefits. My continuing to reference post #1 can usually be found where the customer could have avoided disappointment if they had educated themselves before the the transaction occurred.

As to your specific example, I have found working with senior executives (of any company) may or may not be the best way to obtain the most current and accurate information. The last time the executive was updated on any specific piece of information is critical to the accuracy of the information they provide. Then there is the question of how long the member (you) hangs onto that information as the "gospel". The PFJ program is improving daily. Simple as that. If you desire to continue to work with your contact, please do so. I will continue to publish what the PFJ project team confirms is what they want published.

CC pump cut off limits are a complex item. This has been summarized in post #1. A summary is what post #1 is. If I published all the details, the post would be extremely long and my fear is it would not be read. At this time, post #1 is too long. I just haven't figured out how to summarize it without generating more repeat questions.

It is unfortunate your view of post #1 is less than complete/accurate and difficult to "sort out the essence" of how to operate the pumps. I never thought of post #1 in that way. The bottom line is the purpose of post #1 is to get members to educate themselves about the program.
Closed Thread