Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 AM   #281

GaryKD,
Thanks for the explanation. You have spent a lot of time trying to help.
It's appreciated.
michigancamper

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #282

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MHingFun,
The information in post #277 is not correct. You may be using the wrong directory. The only directory RV frequent fuelers should use is to be found by clicking on the link in post #1. Download the RV Travel Guide to your computer. On page 23 will be found the fueling stations for Kansas.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 05-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #283

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MICHIGAN CAMPER,
Thanks for the thanks. To you and all members finding post #1 of value I appreciate the positive feedback (via posts, PMs and emails). It is great knowing those wanting the benefits of the PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Program have been able to receive those benefits. Maybe with a little help from this thread.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #284

Newmar Owners Club
Hi CactusJohn,
There should be no confusion about pump cut off limits. Post #1 (also post #267) provide a summary of the complexity of pump cut off limits.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #285

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHingFun View Post
The 2010-2011 Travel Guide that I have, with both Pilot and FJ logos on the cover, lists the above FJ #659 AND Pilot #903, I-70, Exit 252, Salina, KS. In the directory, that entry has both the Pilot logo and a "B" logo that I do not see explained in the directory. This same combination is also shown for Pilot store #920, I-70, exit 54, in Colby, KS.
You need to throw away that 2010-2011 Travel guide. And download the 2011-2012.

In the last year or so when Pilot took over Flying J in bankruptcy.
The court judge made them sell off some of the stations.
So those Pilot ones in Kansas may have been among the ones sold off.

2011-2012 Pilot RV Travel Guide
Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #286

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
bottom line is the card works ! swipe it and fill up ! this is for the truck lanes ! just did it 4 times ! that was in ga tn ky sc
Old 05-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #287

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
To you and all members finding post #1 of value I appreciate the positive feedback.
Gary - I certainly appreciate your efforts to help explain the new rules for use of the Pilot/Flying J RV card and believe all our answers are fully explained in post #1 as to the corporate policies. Like so many things in life, however, it's not exactly cut and dried as to individual locations interpretation and/or application of those policies as attested by the various posts in this thread.

I personally am only frustrated by the pump limit rules which did not exist under Flying J but I understand the corporate mind and recognize their right to set whatever rules they like. As you've said many times, the choice on where to purchase fuel is our own decision.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #288

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
Today I had the PFJ RV project team reconfirm the pump cut off limits included in post #1 are accurate and complete for the stations listed in the RV Travel Guide. That confirmation has been received. Post #1 has not changed. From a PFJ view, the limits are as stated in post #1.

If there are changes, I will post them in this thread and update post #1. For me, this issue is closed.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #289

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
What happened to Lyndsay????

You crabby ol coots scared her away!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #290

Newmar Owners Club
Hi mythplaced,
Lynsay remains very involved in the PFJ RV project team. She remains committed to iRV2 members. Her skill & time are better spent a bit removed from direct contact with members. As best I can tell no iRV2 member is lacking for an answer to their Frequent Fueler Program questions. Now, I'm not saying all members like the answer they received. An answer was received.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #291

Thanks for the postings Gary

Gary,

Your postings and coordination on this form are highly appreciated by myself and others I know who are using them. This is an extremely confusing topic considering the history of FJ merging to become PFJ and it will take a while for everyone to become familiar with the new rules.

The credit card cutoff limit issue will probably always be confusing because of the number of different entities involved who can change the limit during the credit card approval pipeline.

I for one want to personally thank you for the time you have spent accumulating information, communicating with PFJ and posting the results.

Keep up the good work.

Sam Matzen
Old 05-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #292

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Sam,
You are very welcome. Thanks for the thanks.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
You need to throw away that 2010-2011 Travel guide. And download the 2011-2012.

In the last year or so when Pilot took over Flying J in bankruptcy.
The court judge made them sell off some of the stations.
So those Pilot ones in Kansas may have been among the ones sold off.

2011-2012 Pilot RV Travel Guide

Will do. Or at least will take my printed directory and compare it against the on-line version, and note differences if a manageable number. Call me old-fashioned, but there are times and things which I like to have in a printed form, but in this case, I don't want to burn the ink that it will take to print a 64-page directory.

I just thought that a directory, dated 2010-2011 which combined the FJ and Pilot logos and listings, would have been correct....that such a publication would not have been published until the dust had settled from the merger and the issues of sell-off locations were known. This sorta typifies what has happened so much in this merger, that information is published before the underlying homework has been completed.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Everyone,
Today I had the PFJ RV project team reconfirm the pump cut off limits included in post #1 are accurate and complete for the stations listed in the RV Travel Guide. That confirmation has been received. Post #1 has not changed. From a PFJ view, the limits are as stated in post #1.

If there are changes, I will post them in this thread and update post #1. For me, this issue is closed.
Gary,

I truly do not mean to be argumentative, just that my personal experiences for some reason that I am still seeking are not ringing true with the published information.

Specifically, on the cut-off limit, with a Visa CC in the RV lane, I have attempted fill-ups that would take over $150 three times in the last month, and three times out of three, the pumps have cut-off at $150.

Those occurrences were (1) at Phoenix FJ #611, 04/28/2011, invoice #611; (2) at Bakersfield, CA FJ #613, 05/08/2011, invoice 44916; and (3) at Lodi, CA, FJ #617, 05/19/2011, invoice #91201. Each time I was able to immediately start a second and if needed, a third transaction. I swipe the CC at the pump, then when requested swipe the FF card, the pump-start activates, and I get the $.03/gallon FF discount on the receipt.

I had an extended discussion last night with my Visa issuer and the lady was adamant that they do not impose limits, since the risk for fraudulent transcations on pump-swipe transactions is on the retailer, hence there is no need for the issuer to need a limit. Further, they have my account noted as a traveler who will make large $$ fuel purchases, as a result of a discussion with them last fall.

As to my contact at FJ, I will be glad to identify him to you privately, but he stated after specifically researching my Phoenix incident that the RV pumps ARE NOT YET set for the $495 limit for Visa credit cards; that that was a change yet to be made and would be made "in a few days".

I feel like I am back in the days of having young kids, who are both pointing the finger at the other as I seek to find the truth of what happens. Someone (I've lost track of who) said above that there are "other processors" between the retailer (FJ) and the issuer that might impose limits. If I knew who they were, I would discuss this with them.

I simply want to know why I cannot pump beyond $150 per transaction on my VISA CC in the RV lane. Maybe someone has said so somewhere during this thread whether they were able to exceed the $150 on a Visa CC in the RV lane.

Closed Thread