Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2011, 02:16 AM   #295

I have closely scanned every entry in this thread, specifically looking for personal experiences related to cut-off limits for Visa CC's in the RV lane. I have found only one (#248, dated 05/10/2011, related to a purchase on 05/02/2011) that came close to saying that they were able to exceed $150 in the RV lane, but that entry is not clear whether it was a Visa debit or credit card.

Conversely, there are several experiences similar to my own where the $150 cut-off was experienced subsequent to the May 3 update in posting #1, which has often been re-emphasized through this thread, that the Visa CC cut-off is set at $495 in the RV lane.

At this point, I don't really care whether the limit is $150, $495, or any other amount. I just would like to see the information match-up to actual experiences, so that misinformation and the resulting confusion can be avoided by all. Why is that so difficult??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #296

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MHingFun,
Follow the instruction(s) in post #1 to close your question(s).

Add your PFJ Frequent fueler number to the information you posted in #294. Double check the first entry. It is unusual that the transaction number is the same as the station number.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 05-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #297

Monaco Owners Club
To MhingFun;
I was the one who posted that the system worked as I had been told. FWIW I used a Visa credit card in the RV lane. Twice now. Worked fine. I am yet to try the truck lanes but that will be soon. Will advise if I Have any problems and the location(s). Good luck!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #298

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Since my old Flying J card wouldn't work I got a new RV card, registered online for pump start and used it this morning in Gaffney, SC. It started the pump with no problem but when I went in and handed the girl my MC that she swiped she informed me my rv card wasn't authorized for pump start. I explained I had already started the pump and pumped my fuel. The system would not let me pay. The manager got involved and after 30 minutes (really 30 minutes from the time I walked in to pay until I walked out) I was able to pay, get the cash price but not the .03 discount. He said I had to buy 500 gallons to get the discount. I've sent Lynsay an e mail and will be interested in her response.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltoneMagoo View Post
To MhingFun;
I was the one who posted that the system worked as I had been told. FWIW I used a Visa credit card in the RV lane. Twice now. Worked fine. I am yet to try the truck lanes but that will be soon. Will advise if I Have any problems and the location(s). Good luck!
Beltone,

So exactly how did the stars align for you to be so lucky????

I sent my info of my three previous attempts to PFJ via the contact link in Gary's postings. I'll be interested to hear their response.

While traveling today, I stopped at the Pilot in Brooks, Oregon, since there are no FJ's in Oregon. Again, cut-off at $150, but there were two aspects different this time.

Since this was a Pilot, without an RV lane, I was in the Auto lane, and since Oregon mandates non-self-serve, an attendant did all of the work, including swiping the FF and CC.....twice each to get me a fill-up, due to the $150 cut-off. He did tell me that he has never had a VISA that went beyond $150, which tells me that it is not anything unique to my CC.

EDIT: I see on further review that the Auto Lanes are intended to still have a $150 limit, so the Pilot stop went 100% as it should have.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #300

I filled up yesterday at an Irving Oil fuel stop at Portland, Maine. After I left I noticed my receipt listed the FlyingJ.com website. I don't know if I'll be stopping at another Irving fuel but am curious do they honor the Flying J cards? I ran interent searches but don't seem to find that answer.
Thanks
Bob
Old 05-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #301

Newmar Owners Club
Hi 1ciderdog,
There are no PFJ fueling stations in Maine that honor the RV Frequent Fueler card. All the Irving stations are affiliated with Pilot, but owned and operated by Irving. Irving is a separate company. The Irving stations in Maine are listed in the OTR guide, but not the RV Travel Guide.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #302

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Since my old Flying J card wouldn't work I got a new RV card, registered online for pump start and used it this morning in Gaffney, SC. It started the pump with no problem but when I went in and handed the girl my MC that she swiped she informed me my rv card wasn't authorized for pump start. I explained I had already started the pump and pumped my fuel. The system would not let me pay. The manager got involved and after 30 minutes (really 30 minutes from the time I walked in to pay until I walked out) I was able to pay, get the cash price but not the .03 discount. He said I had to buy 500 gallons to get the discount. I've sent Lynsay an e mail and will be interested in her response.
I never heard from Lynsay but I did get a response from customer service around noon today. They said they needed to train the employees in Gaffney and that I did get the .03 discount. Well I didn't so now I guess I'll need to take a photo of the price. A few minutes later I thought I would give them another try. Baldwin, FL Pilot. $4.059 cash or credit same price. Used the card in the truck lane and pump start started. Finished fueling, went in to pay and no discount. I talked with the manager and he said the discount only applied if I used the rv pumps in the front as the truck pumps are not programed to give the discount.

Next exit down, diesel was $3.869...go figure. I sent all the info to PFJ but I think its about over for me. Bright side, it only took 25 minutes to pay today not the 30 it took in Gaffney. Progress is being made.

Are we having fun yet?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #303

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Elkhartjim,
My assumption is that you used the truck pumps. The following is from post #1 of this thread. Please note the information in bold.

5. When paying for fuel pumped at the truck diesel pump after using the Pump Start Feature with a registered PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Card, present your payment method and your registered RV Frequent Fueler card to the cashier. The net cash price (discount and cash price) was displayed at the pump, once the pump recognizes you are a Frequent Fueler. It will not be broken out as line items on the receipt.

At the station where you fueled did you:
1. Notice the credit price on the pump before you inserted your RV Frequent Fueler Card? If so, what was it?
2. After inserting your Frequent Fueler Card and following the instructions on the screen, as you were pumping fuel, did you notice the price on the pump had dropped? What was the price you paid?
3. After paying for the fuel, did the price on the receipt equal the lower price displayed at the pump while you were fueling?

Gut feel says this is why the PFJ center mentioned you had received the cash price and the discount.

I have used the truck pumps at quite a few J and Pilot locations. For me the cash price and discount are received (at the pump and confirmed on the receipt per the information mentioned above). The program has worked as advertised.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #304

Alpine Owners Club
What Gary describes is exactly how it worked for me at the truck lanes. I didn't insert a credit card at the pump as that is not set up yet, as I understand it. I simply took my FF card and credit card to the cashier, and the receipt showed the same discounted price as the pump displayed. I validated that it was the discounted price, so I was a very happy camper (pun intended)!!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #305

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I guess I'm not clear enough.

I only fuel at the truck lanes. I only swipe my travel card at the pump. I hand the travel card and credit card to the clerk after fueling. Thats when it all heads south so to speak.

I think it will be easier and much much faster for me to use other stations for fuel. Its not worth the hassle for me plus the fuel is usually .10-.20 less just down the road and I don't have to hassle with the dirty (greasy) truck lanes.

Thanks for you input. The rules are easy to follow from my side, its when you get to the PFJ side that it turns bad. Like PFJ told me in the e mail yesterday, their employees need more training.

Gary, the cash price that I stated for the Gaffney location was the cash price in 6' letters on the sign 100' in the air, now your telling me I need to make sure the price on the pump matches the advertised price.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #306

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Elkhartjim,
Of course I saying to insure you have the cash and discounted price at the pump. Don't know about you, but when I'm spending several hundred dollars on any purchase I know what I'm doing before I spend the $s. Just seems to be a prudent process to follow no matter what one is buying.

I do not see answers to my questions. For me this means the PFJ Service Center response to you was correct. You paid the cash price and got the discount. They can see your transaction and have the records. Maybe you did not understand the information in post 1 and 303.

Where one purchases fuel is their decision. If you feel there is a better deal somewhere else, go for it. If you decide to stop at the PFJ, follow the process and you'll get the cash price and discount, right at the truck pump, as you pump the fuel.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #307

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Gary. Like I've repeatedly said, I insert the rv card, I get pump start, I go to pay and get all kinds of stories. The latest from the Baldwin, FL manager, our truck pumps are not set up to give a cash discount. Not what part of that is the users (mine) problem. If the manager says the truck pumps will not give a discount then who is doing something wrong?

I guess I won't have any more comments to make as you seem to be certain this is all me doing something wrong. Its interesting the last e mail I received from PFJ stated emphatically their employees needed more training but you seem to be certain it is I that needs the training. Thanks for your input.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #308

Newmar Owners Club
GaryKD vs Elkhartjim

Elkhartjim,
[Moderator Edit] None of my posts mentioned or addressed your conversations with the employees or their need for training. Everyone knows PFJ employees either have not been trained well or are unable to grasp the program. I'm not going to get into that. You can climb that hill by yourself.

My replies to your posts have dealt with the program, process and the PFJ response. Simple as that. Since you refuse to answer my questions, what do you expect me to think other than maybe, just maybe you got the cash price and discount, but now,,,,will not admit it.

You are very quick to blame PFJ. Even when PFJ says you got the correct price, you still blame them. Hmmm

The solution for you to go to another fueling station may be the best for everyone.

Closed Thread