Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #309

Fleetwood Owners Club
Elkhartjim,
Murphy's usually have lower prices by several ¢.
My last 2 fill ups were there. I had never ever used them before for the MH.
A little tight but doable with MH & Toad.

With the Walmart gift card they also give a 3¢ discount.

Always in the past 99.9% fill ups were at a Flying J.
This summer so far FJ is now 33% and going down.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #310

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm on my first trip of the year and am experiencing the same problems as ElkhartJim. I registered my RV card online back in December, and checked it before we left and it showed pump start activated.

I stopped to fuel at Pilot in Boron, CA. Pulled into the truck lane pumps, swiped my RV card, and the pump started fine. Went inside to pay with my credit card. When I questioned why I wasn't getting the .03 discount, no one there could give me an answer. Okay, no big deal, it was only 40 gallons.

I emailed Pilot customer service at the email address provided in Post 1 of this thread, and included all the required information. I heard back from Bethany that she could not locate the transaction ID I had provided. She asked for some additional information, which I provided. She then emailed me back that she had found my transaction, and told me the problem was that I had fueled at the automobile pumps and should have swiped my CC first and then my RV card.

I emailed her back that she had the wrong information as I definitely fueled at the truck pumps, at pump #18 as shown on my receipt.

I also told her about my next fueling stop at the Flying J at Frazier Park. I fueled at the RV lanes, and first swiped my CC, then my RV card, and still no discount. Not really worried about the .03, but so far I'm 0 for 2.

Have not heard back from her, but seems like they still have some problems to work out.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #311

Newmar Owners Club
Hi BobGed,
This may be a dumb question, but how do you know you did not get the discount when fueling at the truck pumps?
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 05-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #312

Thor Owners Club
I think you get the cash price at the register not 3 cents off cash price. Not many RV'ers carry a couple hundred into the store to pay. So you would not know unless you knew the credit price and got charged that price. D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 05-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #313

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Dixieray53,
The information in your post is not correct. Where one receives the discount (at the truck pumps) is explained in post 1 and many posts in this thread. I need to wait for BobGed to post an answer to my question.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #314

I fueled at the Quincy PFJ (Just West of Tallahassee) yesterday. Pump started with the card and I received the discount off the cash price as expected.

Everything seems to be working fine in that store.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by smatzen View Post
I fueled at the Quincy PFJ (Just West of Tallahassee) yesterday. Pump started with the card and I received the discount off the cash price as expected.

Everything seems to be working fine in that store.
Sam,

Were you in the RV lane? Did you use a VISA? If yes to both of those, did the pump allow you to exceed the $150 without restarting?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #316

I was in the Truck Lanes. The Value Card started the pump and the price was discounted off the cash price.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #317

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi BobGed,
This may be a dumb question, but how do you know you did not get the discount when fueling at the truck pumps?
Because the price on my receipt was the same as the billboard advertised price. The receipt from the RV pumps at Frazier Park has a "Loyalty Disc" line item, which on my receipt shows $0.00.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #318

Newmar Owners Club
Hi BobGed,
If you are able, please answer the question I asked. Providing a reminder I asked a question about your comment concerning the truck pumps.

From your post:
"I stopped to fuel at Pilot in Boron, CA. Pulled into the truck lane pumps, swiped my RV card, and the pump started fine. Went inside to pay with my credit card. When I questioned why I wasn't getting the .03 discount, no one there could give me an answer. Okay, no big deal, it was only 40 gallons."

As a reminder, my question was:
"how do you know you did not get the discount when fueling at the truck pumps?"
Old 05-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #319

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi BobGed,
If you are able, please answer the question I asked. Providing a reminder I asked a question about your comment concerning the truck pumps.

From your post:
"I stopped to fuel at Pilot in Boron, CA. Pulled into the truck lane pumps, swiped my RV card, and the pump started fine. Went inside to pay with my credit card. When I questioned why I wasn't getting the .03 discount, no one there could give me an answer. Okay, no big deal, it was only 40 gallons."

As a reminder, my question was:
"how do you know you did not get the discount when fueling at the truck pumps?"
Guess I wasn't clear. My apologies. The first sentence was in reference to fueling at the truck pumps at Boron. Billboard price was 4.199, and that is what I was charged on my credit card. The second sentence was in reference to fueling at the RV pumps at Frazier Park.

I still have not heard back from Bethany at Pilot, and probably won't now until Tuesday or later.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing PFJ. In fact I'm a Moderator on another forum, and invited Lyndsay to join and post there as well. I just think they still have some work to do to get the bugs out of the transition.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #320

Newmar Owners Club
Hi BobGed,
Your posts were not taken as bashing PFJ. My questions are directed at understanding posted statements. Many times I can help a member who may have been confused about how to obtain the program benefits. If the process was followed, then contacting PFJ is the way to go. As to truck pump purchases, post #1 provides the following information:

"5. When paying for fuel pumped at the truck diesel pump after using the Pump Start Feature with a registered PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Card, present your payment method and your registered RV Frequent Fueler card to the cashier. Tell the cashier you are paying for fuel already pumped and the pump number. The net cash price (discount and cash price) was displayed at the pump, once the pump recognizes you are a Frequent Fueler. It will not be broken out as line items on the receipt.

6. There is one and only one way to determine if one receives the discount and cash price at the diesel truck pumps.
6a. Notice the price, on the pump, before beginning the fueling process. This is the credit price.
6b. Insert your registered for pump start PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Card and follow the instructions on the screen.
6c. As you are fueling, notice the price at the pump. This price is the price you will pay. It should be lower than the credit price and reflect the cash price and discount.
6d. Forget about the price on station signage and discussing this with PFJ store employees. The price at the pump is what one will pay."

100% of my truck pump fuel stops have worked this way.

While fueling the pump price showed the cash price minus the .03 discount. When a member mentions the RV Frequent Fueler card started the truck pump, for me, that means the cash price and discount was provided. I ask questions to determine if the member can verify the credit price was $X.XX and the price they paid was $Y.YY. Once a member understands how to determine they received the correct truck pump price, future disappointment is avoided.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #321

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Gary, I understand you're trying to help, but I think we're going in circles here. For now I'll restrict my comments to my truck pump fueling experience. The billboard price, that you say to ignore, was 4.199. I swiped my RV card and activated the pump start. The receipt I received when I paid inside was for 44.949 gallons @4.199 = 188.74, and that is what my credit card was charged.

When I questioned the station staff, no one knew what I was talking about. I then emailed PFJ customer service. The transaction they came back with was not mine. I have sent a subsequent email to them, and am awaiting a reply.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #322

Newmar Owners Club
Hi BobGed,
I'm sorry you feel we are going in circles. Post 321 is, by far, the clearest post about your concern.
When you receive a response, please post it here.
Closed Thread