Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #337

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
The Pilot Boron Travel Center #200 is actually listed in their directory as Kramer Junction (Boron).
I received the following email from Bethany at PFJ

Your card is an old RV Real Value card so you may want to pick up a new one. The old cards are still accepted but we are experiencing problems with some of the old ones. The cards are available at the locations and just have to be registered to use. They are already programmed to start the pumps once you have registered the card. As for the purchases in the truck lanes, the RV loyalty cards are programmed to immediately give 9 cents of the credit price when you start the pump with the RV loyalty card. If your RV loyalty card activates the pump outside, you will receive the cash price which is 6 cents less than the credit price along with the 3 cents discount. The receipt itself does not have a separate line showing the discount, but if you compare the price you were charged with the posted cash price you will see the difference in price.

Apparently the bottom line is if you have an old card it should work, but doesn't always. I will be picking up a new card at my next PFJ stop.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi everyone,
The following has been added to the beginning of post #1.

"Beginning May 30, 2011, I will no longer actively monitor this thread. All the information needed to take advantage of the PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Program or ask questions of PFJ is cyour problem that P.FJontained in this post and the links provided. The information, in this post, is accurate as of May 29, 2011."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well Gary, Thanks for all the help you tried to give us.
It's not your fault that p/FJ is as screwed up as it is. There is just so much explaining the rules and the in's and out's that you can do.
Like someone said, (I forget who) P/FJ is just FUBAR.
Lynsay finally gave up and I don't blame her.

Dan of D&S, found their pricing to be less somewhere in Indiana. Great, one station out of how many?
Geez, you think I'm bitter? You bet I am. I've wasted so much time at FJ that I shredded my card also. I seriously doubt there is anything they could do to turn me into a customer again.
michigancamper.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #339

What is the process?

Today I purchased diesel fuel at the truck lanes at the Pilot in Benton Harbor, MI (store #666). This truck stop is a re-branded Flying J location. My transaction number is #6153580. I purchased 87.708 gallons of fuel at a price of $4.059/gallon. There was no slot to insert the RV card at the pump to start the pump, so my wife went into the store and gave the attendant the RV card and our credit card. The fuel price was $3.999/gallon for cash and $4.059 for credit card. I was charged $356.01 for the 87.708 which was the $4.059 price. I was not given either the cash price nor the additional discount. How do I follow up on this.

Brian Davis

FMCA #F221351
Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #340

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Davis View Post
Today I purchased diesel fuel at the truck lanes at the Pilot in Benton Harbor, MI (store #666). This truck stop is a re-branded Flying J location. My transaction number is #6153580. I purchased 87.708 gallons of fuel at a price of $4.059/gallon. There was no slot to insert the RV card at the pump to start the pump, so my wife went into the store and gave the attendant the RV card and our credit card. The fuel price was $3.999/gallon for cash and $4.059 for credit card. I was charged $356.01 for the 87.708 which was the $4.059 price. I was not given either the cash price nor the additional discount. How do I follow up on this.

Brian Davis
Brian, send an email with all the info you posted to: rv@pilotflyingj.com
As long as it's a listed location you should get the cash price plus the .03 discount. They will issue a credit to your credit card.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #341

Newmar Owners Club
Today I fueled at the J at exit 29 in Georgia on Interstate 95. Used the truck pumps. Pump start worked and I received the cash price plus .03 discount. Everything worked as advertised.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #342

Newmar Owners Club
Fueled up today at the J on I77, exit 73, Rock Hill, SC. Followed the process in post #1 for the truck pumps. Got the cash price and .03 discount. Everything worked as advertised.

FYI for this and the previous stop, the J was equal to or the lowest price at the exit. At this exit the J was the lowest price by .03 a gallon.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #343

Newmar Owners Club
Last Thursday I fueled at the Pilot at exit 101 I-75 near Cordelle, GA and the pump start feature worked as advertised. Makes me happy with only one trip into the fuel desk.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #344

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHIGAN CAMPER View Post
Well Gary, Thanks for all the help you tried to give us.
It's not your fault that p/FJ is as screwed up as it is. There is just so much explaining the rules and the in's and out's that you can do.
Like someone said, (I forget who) P/FJ is just FUBAR.
Lynsay finally gave up and I don't blame her.

Dan of D&S, found their pricing to be less somewhere in Indiana. Great, one station out of how many?
Geez, you think I'm bitter? You bet I am. I've wasted so much time at FJ that I shredded my card also. I seriously doubt there is anything they could do to turn me into a customer again.
michigancamper.
Hi everyone - I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't given up. I know you haven't seen me around much lately. I was operating under the instructions of the forum moderators to let Gary handle the posting of links and filtering of questions. However, it looks like Gary is out on the open road as of this past week, so I plan to hang around and help out as much as I can. Gary did a great job on post #1 to give to most exhaustive and up to date list on procedures and answers to questions. We also have a dedicated customer service email just for RVers - rv@pilotflyingj.com. Please use it for any issues with your card or account. I'll be sure to check in at least weekly on the forum to help with any other questions.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #345
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would not feel right if I did not post this but Please try and pick your words when dealing with company representatives and those working with them who are here trying to help you.

It may not be intentional but sometimes it comes across like those trying to help you are the enemy which is not the case.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 06-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #346

Newmar Owners Club
I got fuel today at the J in Fairview, TN. I40 exit 82. Used the truck pumps. Pump start feature worked and I received the cash price and .03/gal discount. There were no other stations around so price could not be compared at that location. Reading the signs along I40, the J is competitive on cash price and comes in a winner with the .03/gal discount.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #347

Alpine Owners Club
I thing I have to say, if you agree, disagree, love or hate the issue, this post started on 2/5/2011 and in 4 months has produced 346 replies that's about 3 replies a day for 4 months , so it MUST be a subject that there is a LOT of interest in. The folks Lynsay, Bethany, GaryKD and the hundreds of others certainly have used the forum the way they are supposed to be used, to voice an opinion and get information. I for one am glad that this thread is here, thank you one and all !

btw - the Thursday before Memorial day weekend I fueled at the Pilot on I-40 in Clyde, NC (near the NC/TN border). I used the truck lanes (love that high flow nozzle) and with my RV card GOT my 9 cents a gallon discount .
Old 06-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #348

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I used to use Flying J for just about all my fuel needs for the motorhome. I was not to concerned about getting a discount for my puchases. What really turned me away from Flying J after being bought out by Pilot, is the doing away with the free dump stations, and charging extra for fuel if it is purchased with a credit card. I almost always pay my fuel bill at the pump, with a debit card, which to me anyway is the same as cash, as it is immedietly taken from my checking account. I realize merchants may be charged by the banks for my using my debit card, part of the cost of doing business I guess. This whole thing of having to register a card to start the pump, and get a discount is just too much run around for me. I for one would welcome free tank dumps, with fillups, of course, and one price for everyone for fuel from Flying J/Pilot stations. JMHO,

Dieselclacker
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #349

Newmar Owners Club
I fueled two times today. Read on for the full story. The first stop was at the J in Russellville, AR at exit 84. Used the truck pumps, followed the process and got the cash price and .03 discount. Everything worked as advertised.

Stop 2 was at the J in Tulsa, OK. I didn't need fuel, but was about 2 miles from the CG and there the J was. So I thought I'd stop in and try the RV island. I followed the process (different than the truck pump process) and got the cash price and .03 discount using my AMEX card. Everything worked as advertised.

Editorial Note: For those of you who have a diesel powered engine and use the RV pumps, my compliments on having quite a bit of patience. Slow filling fuel nozzles, having the $75 cut off limit and winding my way through the cars to exit safely is a bit much. Safe to say, I'm back over at the truck pumps. I just wanted to try the RV pumps to ensure the process was working there.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #350

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dieselclacker,
We have a different view of loyalty programs. I encourage retailers to have loyalty programs. I participate in loyalty programs to the fullest extent. When I generated revenue for a living, the airlines and hotels I frequented had a loyalty program or they lost my business. For the $s I spend I expect to be treated differently than the occasional customer.

The bottom line is loyalty is both ways. If I frequent a supplier with my $s I want to know how they will reward me for that loyalty.
Closed Thread