Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #351

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Loyalty program, as far as my purchasing from Flying J on a regular basis, went out the window when they started charging to dump my holding tanks, and started penalizing me with a higher price per gallon for using my debit card instead of paying cash. JMHO, I know yours is different, and thats OK.

Dieselclacker
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #352

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Editorial Note: For those of you who have a diesel powered engine and use the RV pumps, my compliments on having quite a bit of patience. Slow filling fuel nozzles, having the $75 cut off limit and winding my way through the cars to exit safely is a bit much. Safe to say, I'm back over at the truck pumps. I just wanted to try the RV pumps to ensure the process was working there.
There are those of us that have rebate credit cards that have to be swiped at the pump. I have a PenFed Visa card that gives me a no limit 5% rebate, so for an example fuel at 4.00 per gal is actually 3.80. I usually pull into the center island and can then pump from both sides (there are two nozzles on the outside pump so I'm not keeping anyone else from using that pump). I have a friend with a 42' MH and a Siliverado toad that does the same thing. Yes it's sometimes a bit crowded, but I haven't had any major problems. Of course once PFJ gets CC swipe activated at the truck pumps, then that will be my first choice.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #353

Newmar Owners Club
Filled up today at the J in Salina, KS. I70 exit 253. This was an interesting fuel stop. As I approached the J I could see the truck pumps were backed up 3+ deep! There was nobody at the RV pumps! So, into the RV pumps I go. This is an old J with a tight turn to get the coach and toad in without rubbing the tires on the curb. The card reader was not working. As I walked into the store an announcement was repeated that all the card readers were not working! Now I know why the truck pumps are backed up.

The cashier needed a $ amount to start the pump. I gave an amount much more than I needed. Might as well get this fill up done all in one visit. Filled the tank, and returned to the store for a receipt. Got the cash price and .03 discount. Except for the card readers being down, the process worked as advertised.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 06-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #354

Filled up yesterday at the Flying J in Sayer, OK. We went through truck lanes, swiped card, filled up, went in and paid. We got the cash price plus .03 discount. It worked great.

While I was inside paying, there was a gentleman that came in from the RV lanes stating it wouldn't accept his card. His card was the same as mine, RV card. I didn't think to ask him if he'd activated it yet.

The last three fill-ups at Flying J truck pumps have been pleasantly smooth. I haven't tried the RV lanes yet.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #355

Newmar Owners Club
The last three fill-ups went as advertised. Got the cash price using my AMEX card and the .03 discount. The J beat all the prices at the respective exit. The J beat the price by the .03/gallon at a minimum.

The stops were at:
1. J at Aurora, CO (Truck Pumps)
2. J at Rock Springs, WY (Truck pumps)
3. J at North Salt Lake, UT (RV pumps)
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
The last three fill-ups went as advertised. Got the cash price using my AMEX card and the .03 discount. The J beat all the prices at the respective exit. The J beat the price by the .03/gallon at a minimum.

The stops were at:
1. J at Aurora, CO (Truck Pumps)
2. J at Rock Springs, WY (Truck pumps)
3. J at North Salt Lake, UT (RV pumps)
Gary,

You're really scooting across the country. I'm envious.

Don
Old 06-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #357

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The FJ card is not working for me. I quit using it earlier this year because of the hassle. Headed to Reno for MG2011 in the diesel PU, towing the car trailer with the MGB. Thought I would give it a try again.

Stop 1` Stanfield, OR Pilot no RV lane used auto lane. No card reader on diesel pump. The wife went inside to pay, the clerk could not get my card to show up or something, messed around and finely gave the discount in cash.

Stop 2 Caldweld, ID FJ Rv lane swiped card pump said to see cashier, pre paid got the discount. the clerk said the pumps are not excepting the card anymore.

Stop 3 Winnemucca, NV swiped card pump say see cashier, prepaid with CC got the discount. Again told pumps are not taking the cards.

That was 3 times I lost my CC rewards at the pump @ 5% ~ 20 cents a gallon, to get the FJ 3 cent discount. With the delays and hassle of having to make 2 trips to the clerk,, and diesel was cheaper just down the street, I am back to shopping elsewhere. We are winter Texans and travel from NE WA to S Texas and back each year, plus many other trips. The 5 % CC rewards are worth way more than the the FJ BS.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #358

Filled up today in Oklahoma City at the Flying J off Morgan RD. Used the truck pumps, swiped card, said I was authorized, filled up, pulled forward, went inside and paid. We got the cash price plus .03 discount. The only hard part was all the construction at that exit.

So, I know Oklahoma's RV cards are working. We filled up in Sayre last Wednesday and then Oklahoma City today on our way back home from a Branson, Mo. trip.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #359

I tried to use the FJ RV card at the Dallas location last Friday. Put the card in, and the reader said to see the cashier. Put my credit card in, then it asked for the loyalty card. Put it in, got all authorized, picked up the nozzle...and the nozzle pipe was missing! (This was the Unleaded pump.) Shut off the fuel, pulled out and around into the left lane. Put the RV card in. See cashier. Put the credit card in, then the loyalty card. Pump had to be held barely on to keep it from shutting off. No discount.

Yes, the card is registered. To me, Flying J is still one of the hardest companies on earth to do business with.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #360

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stopped in Mitchell SD, Pilot # 919. In the booklet I downloaded it shows a checkmark in the column under RV card discount. NOPE! No pump start, no cash price, no discount, no points. The clerk did say I could go to a "real Pilot" in Sioux Falls if I wanted to use my card.

How can we tell if a Pilot is a Pilot? The big signs along the road say so, the station says so and the booklet I was told to use says so, but it ain't so.

I now will use a Flying Pilot if it is convenient, and just be surprised and happy if I actually get the pump start and discount.

This trip 3 out of 4 stops at Pilot - not a real Pilot.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #361

Newmar Owners Club
Hi SoIlBoy,
You have an excellent question. Consider following the instructions in post #1 to send your question to the PFJ RV help center directly. They will respond to you. I'd appreciate it if you'd post their reply here.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #362
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Stopped in Mitchell SD, Pilot # 919. In the booklet I downloaded it shows a checkmark in the column under RV card discount. NOPE! No pump start, no cash price, no discount, no points.
Your booklet is out of date or perhaps you misread it. My FJ/Pilot handbook (V10) only has a checkmark under RV Parking for the Mitchell,SD, location.

I don't think there is any way to tell from the street whether if its a franchise rather than a "real Pilot/FJ".
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #363

Newmar Owners Club
Fueled at the Pilot today. It is located at exit 84, Fernley, NV. I used the truck pumps. Followed the process and got the cash price using my AMEX card and got the .03 discount. Every went as advertised.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #364

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Gary,
The RV Travel Guide I down loaded and printed on 05/12/11 page 46 has the Mitchell, SD location as honoring the RV Frequent Fueler card. Lynsay has mentioned this is the only guide that RVers should use. If the discount is not being given, PFJ needs to know this so either the location or the guide can be changed. This is why it is important for SoIlBoy to send the information to PFJ.

There is no version number on the PDF file.
Closed Thread