Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #365

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My booklet is the 2011-2012 booklet. Is yours a newer copy?
The checkmark is in the column for "RV Card Discount". There is no checkmark in the rv parking column.
Maybe I didn't mis-read it.

The thing is, when we are driving down the road and decide we need fuel, we should be able to believe the signs that tell us what a station is. I don't want to pull off the road, open a file on the computer, look up a station to see if the are a "Real Pilot" or a wanna be Pilot. Once I am in the truck lane I am not going to drive to another station to get fuel. Put on the sign "Pilot" or "Pilot Affiliate" so we can tell the difference.

Today I fueled at the Clear Lake Iowa, location. I had pump start, and got 3 cents off of cash price. No points, but I don't care about points. I really want pump start more than anything else.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi MHingFun,
Follow the instruction(s) in post #1 to close your question(s).

Add your PFJ Frequent fueler number to the information you posted in #294. Double check the first entry. It is unusual that the transaction number is the same as the station number.
Well, Gary, what is your next suggestion?? As you suggested to me, you have strongly encouraged IRV members throughout this thread to use the instructions in post #1 to voice issues to PFJ. Here is my chronology:

May 22 - I posted all details using the PFJ issue board.

May 23 - I received an automated reply from Ken Parent, SrVP Operations/Marketing acknowleding my message.

May 26 - I received an email from Bethany stating that she was passing my details to Technology Dept, and would advise me their response.

June 6 - Had received no further response; I sent a follow-up, using "reply to" on Bethany's email to me, asking when I might get a substantive reply.

Jun 14 - Still no response.

Isn't 23 days a reasonable length of time to get a substantive response to an issue that was fully detailed??

Is the problem that they have too many complaints than the Customer Service staff can handle, or too few Customer Service staff to handle the volume of complaints......a "chicken or egg" situation.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #367

I used my Flying J card at Lost Hills, CA, and got the discount and higher pumping limits right at the pump (I use gas not diesel). Was great!

Steve
Old 06-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #368

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHingFun View Post
Well, Gary, what is your next suggestion?? As you suggested to me, you have strongly encouraged IRV members throughout this thread to use the instructions in post #1 to voice issues to PFJ. Here is my chronology:

May 22 - I posted all details using the PFJ issue board.

May 23 - I received an automated reply from Ken Parent, SrVP Operations/Marketing acknowleding my message.

May 26 - I received an email from Bethany stating that she was passing my details to Technology Dept, and would advise me their response.

June 6 - Had received no further response; I sent a follow-up, using "reply to" on Bethany's email to me, asking when I might get a substantive reply.

Jun 14 - Still no response.

Isn't 23 days a reasonable length of time to get a substantive response to an issue that was fully detailed??

Is the problem that they have too many complaints than the Customer Service staff can handle, or too few Customer Service staff to handle the volume of complaints......a "chicken or egg" situation.
Don't quite understand why you're holding Gary's feet to the fire, but Bethany also includes a phone number in her email signature. Have you tried calling her?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Don't quite understand why you're holding Gary's feet to the fire, but Bethany also includes a phone number in her email signature. Have you tried calling her?
I am calling Bethany at that number this morning. I'm not "holding Gary's feet to the fire", but just seeking any and all advice to get answers. He has put himself forth throughout this string as the unofficial spokesperson for PFJ, and when his oft-repeated suggestion has not worked, I think it is only appropriate that he know about it. Also, the lack of response from PFJ is just another indication of their screwed-up processes.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #370
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I am calling Bethany at that number this morning. the lack of response from PFJ is just another indication of their screwed-up processes.
Why stress yourself out so much, if the service is not up to your standards there are a slew of other companies out there, and according to many at a lower price as well.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Bob,

Well, now I have called the number, which BTW was in the first automated response email but not in Bethany's reply. Turns out that that number gets me to the same Customer Service automated menu as before, where I go into que for several minutes and THEN am told that call volume has overwhelmed the staff and requests that I leave callback info, which I did.

In several calls to this number over the past several months, and six times on one specific date, I have NEVER gotten any response other than "no one available". I also never received a callback from the one time that I did leave callback info. We'll see what happens this time.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Why stress yourself out so much, if the service is not up to your standards there are a slew of other companies out there, and according to many at a lower price as well.
1. I am not stressed-out, just attempting to do business efficiently with PFJ.

2. I want to do business with PFJ because I prefer and appreciate their RV lanes and contrary to some, find that their prices are typically competitive.

3. Their locations are predictable via their directory so that I can plan my fuel stops.

4. I have had negative experiences with the other chains as well, including a stop at a Love's last week in an area where there were no PFJ's. Diesel was available on each of the four corners, with Love's being at $4.35; the other three independents were $4.11, $4.11 & $4.13.

5. The PFJ issues are simply typical of generally total-abandonment of Customer Service in Corporate America today, and I am reluctant to accept it without a fight. However, be assured that when I do find good Customer Service, I am just as diligent to applaud/reward it, as I did last night by writing a note to the WalMart store manager about the actions of an employee.

6. I detest the double-talk where actions do not support the words.

Thanks for your concern for my welfare, but I don't really see walking away as a viable option (see #5 above) or that going elsewhere would be without its own set of issues.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #373

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Fueled at the Flying J at exit 77 on I-81 in Viriginia and pump start worked smoothly.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #374
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Thanks for your concern for my welfare, but I don't really see walking away as a viable option (see #5 above) or that going elsewhere would be without its own set of issues.
Just so long as you did not take my post negatively.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #375

Quote:
Just so long as you did not take my post negatively.
No, just an opportunity to clarify my message.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #376

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Bob,

Well, now I have called the number, which BTW was in the first automated response email but not in Bethany's reply. Turns out that that number gets me to the same Customer Service automated menu as before, where I go into que for several minutes and THEN am told that call volume has overwhelmed the staff and requests that I leave callback info, which I did.

In several calls to this number over the past several months, and six times on one specific date, I have NEVER gotten any response other than "no one available". I also never received a callback from the one time that I did leave callback info. We'll see what happens this time.
Gary, I'm really sorry you're having so much trouble getting in contact or hearing back from PFJ, particularly as a fellow Phaeton and Wrangler owner. I assume the number you called was 1-800-562-6210. Bethany was able to take care of the problem I was having. However that solution was simply cancelling my old RV Real Value card, and having me pick up a new Frequent Fueler Advantage card at a PFJ location (Ripon), and having the Manager register it. It worked fine there, but I won't be using it again for a month or so. Hope you do hear back from some one shortly and can get your issues resolved.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #377

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MHingFun,
You have promoted your relationship with top PFJ executive management. If the employees are not performing up to your standards, why continue working with them? It is time for you to realize the benefit of your close relationship with the leaders of the company. Call and write your executive buddies and get the action you desire.

Consider changing your attitude (number 5). If you believe this and it is reflected in your communications with PFJ, I can understand why there has been no response. The bottom line is PFJ has and is spending a considerable amount of money to be the best fueling stop for RVers. PFJ could have focused only on the commercial trucking business and let RVer fend for themselves. PFJ's actions to make RVers welcome have been outstanding.

Many, many RVers are realizing the benefits of fueling at PFJ. It is unfortunate you do not find yourself among these RVers.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #378

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. That's way I filed my card in the circular file.
michigancamper