Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #379

Newmar Owners Club
I fueled at the Pilot in Brooks Oregon yesterday. In Oregon there is no discount at the truck pumps. I used the truck pumps as the auto pumps do not lend themselves to my 62 ft. of length. What surprised me is that the pump start feature did not work. I have informed Lynsay of the details of the transaction and ask for a clarification as to the pump start feature in Oregon. I'll let you know how this is closed when I receive a reply.

There are no J stations, in Oregon, in the RV Travel Guide. Pilot stations do not have RV lanes. If you can fuel at the auto lanes, the Frequent Fuel discount is available.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #380

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have not read all of the above posts and the hundreds on other threads on IRV2. Having said that, here is what happened to me this week. I am in La Grande, Oregon. At exit 265 on I-84 there is a tall Flying J sign with diesel PUC pricing and lots of truck parking. It is co-branded with shell. I had lost my old Flying J RV card so I stopped in and asked for a new card. The girls behind the counter told me that they were only given 50 cards and ran out of them long ago. They said that I could go to any other Pilot or Flying J station and get the card. Of course my first reaction is that this is a scam. They advertise that you can get a discount with their card but they don't have the cards so you can't actually get the discount. Today I went into their web site with the thought that I would order one over the Internet. Their instructions say to pick up a card at the station. Aha! The scam is still working. Then I downloaded their RV guide. It says 2011-2012 on it. I go to the listing of stations in Oregon and there is no station listed for La Grande. Also, there are no Flying J stations listed at all - just Pilot. So now I am wondering what about this station in La Grande? The sign is still up and the staff act like they are still employees of Pilot/Flying J. I am confused. This does not seem to me to be the way to run a business. By the way, I was running on empty and I took my motorhome to another station in town to get filled up.

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Old 06-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #381

Tiffin Owners Club
Probably would have been worth your time to at least read the first post of this topic before you started with the scam accusations. You cannot order a card online. You have to pick one up in person. I believe the La Grande location is a franchise dealer, so if they say they were only given a certain number of cards, I see no reason not to believe them.

If you go to a Travel Plaza or Travel Center location you should be able to easily pickup a card. You should also activate it at that time, I would suggest asking a manager to do that for you. Some clerks apparently are not aware of all the steps they need to go through.

Works for me and others, so it ain't no scam.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #382

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Doug Sage,
Bob is correct. Consider reading post #1 of this thread. It is good you downloaded the RV Travel Guide. It is the only source to determine which PFJ locations are honoring the RV Frequent Fueler Card and under what T&Cs. Post #1 also provides the email address one can use to express their questions and concerns to PFJ.

Oregon is a difficult state to receive a discount from PFJ. Post #1 explains this. Also, post #379 (the post just before your post) documents my recent experience with PFJ in Oregon. About the only way one can receive a discount, in Oregon, is to use a registered RV Frequent Fueler Card at the auto pumps.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Probably would have been worth your time to at least read the first post of this topic before you started with the scam accusations. You cannot order a card online. You have to pick one up in person. I believe the La Grande location is a franchise dealer, so if they say they were only given a certain number of cards, I see no reason not to believe them.

If you go to a Travel Plaza or Travel Center location you should be able to easily pickup a card. You should also activate it at that time, I would suggest asking a manager to do that for you. Some clerks apparently are not aware of all the steps they need to go through.

Works for me and others, so it ain't no scam.
Bobby,
Your right, it ain't no scam.
But neither is it worth the effort (to myself and some others) when it works only part time.
Also to me, the employees are sometimes just down right 'nasty' to the customers.
Whatever, there are lots of former customers (like myself) that will no longer put up with their shenanigans as 'it's just not worth to to us.
michigancamper
Old 07-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #384

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My point is that they advertise their discount card but when I tried to go to a travel plaza and get one they didn't have any and apparently had been out for some time. To me that smacks of a scam. I didn't say that I thought the clerks were lying to me!

A little followup, I went into Idaho and stopped at another Pilot store and got the card and activated it myself at the kiosk they had there. I should be good to go now. I have moved to Montana and the nearest gas station is a Pilot so I will be giving the card a try and make sure that it works and I get the discount.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #385

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad to hear you made it to a Travel Center and got your card setup. Guess the scam alert can be cancelled now.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #386

Newmar Owners Club
Today, I filled up at the J in Butte, Montana. I used the truck pumps. The process worked as advertised. I got the cash price and discount while using my AMEX card. The J was 2 cents/gallon lower than other stations.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #387

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I used my frequent fueler card for the first time last week at Flying J in Texarkana, AR. I went to the RV line and it worked as expected. Let me get $250 of fuel on a single swipe.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #388

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Maybe the bugs are getting worked out

Flying J in Knoxville TN Watt Rd exit on I40/I75 $3.45/9
Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #389

We just completed a 5800 mile trip from the left coast to the east coast, Canada and to Nappanee at the the Newmar Factory. We fueled at many Pilot/Flying J truck stops. Every one, except one, worked perfectly as advertised. We found the prices to be very competitive with the stations around. We were able to start the pump with the J card, fill, go inside and pay with Amex and received a 3 cent per gallon discount off the cash price. Then will receive 3% rebate from Amex. Because of the years of filling at Flying J and the new procedures working as expected, I found it very comfortable and easy filling up at their stations.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #390
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Question for Lynsay

Hi Lynsay,

I have an RV card and recently my nephew, who used to drive a truck, gave me his professional driver card. Can I redeem the rewards left on his card?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post
We just completed a 5800 mile trip from the left coast to the east coast, Canada and to Nappanee at the the Newmar Factory. We fueled at many Pilot/Flying J truck stops. Every one, except one, worked perfectly as advertised. We found the prices to be very competitive with the stations around. We were able to start the pump with the J card, fill, go inside and pay with Amex and received a 3 cent per gallon discount off the cash price. Then will receive 3% rebate from Amex. Because of the years of filling at Flying J and the new procedures working as expected, I found it very comfortable and easy filling up at their stations.
Joe,

Were you using the RV lanes where available, or always in the truck lanes?? Also, if you stopped at any Pilots, did you use auto or truck lanes??
What was the highest $$ amount that you pumped without breaching a cut-off?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #392

Alpine Owners Club
We just completed 2,000 miles from Charlotte to Boston and back for the 4th. I fueled at PFJ's all the way except once (there was no PFJ in the area) At one stop we had a problem getting the discount, when I spoke to the manager he could not get it to work either so he gave me the difference in cash .

I have been very satisfied with the PFJ's . I always use the truck lanes with pump start (I want the high volume fill) and the fuel we have gotten has always been fresh (although I do put a bottle of Power Systems in every 10 tanks (or so) .

Closed Thread