Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHingFun View Post
Joe,

Were you using the RV lanes where available, or always in the truck lanes?? Also, if you stopped at any Pilots, did you use auto or truck lanes??
What was the highest $$ amount that you pumped without breaching a cut-off?

Thanks
I used the truck lanes at every stop, Pilot and J's. I find the RV lanes are often too tight to get out of and the pump is very slow (relative to truck pumps.) Never breached a cut-off. Highest amount was $377 (not with Amex, since I only get the 3% if put up to 75 gallons with the Costco Amex.) I used Visa there. I found the Pilots and the Flying J's to be identical as for procedures.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #394

Newmar Owners Club
Today, I filled up at the J in Gillette, Wyoming. The process worked as advertised. I received the cash price + the 3 cents per gallon discount. I used the truck pumps. The J was 3 cents per gallon cheaper than the other stations' cash price and I still got to use the AMEX card.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #395

Now that the card system is working if you follow the proper procedure at the different pumps, it would be nice to see them fix their pricing structure. Prior to the take over by Pilot we traveled this Country from FJ to FJ. Today we have to take a look around for the best pricing. Our last fill-up a week or so ago was in Springfield, IL where FJ was $3.93 and a Road Ranger station was $3.75. When filling with 150-175 gallons that makes a big difference in the bottom line.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Today, I filled up at the J in Gillette, Wyoming. The process worked as advertised. I received the cash price + the 3 cents per gallon discount. I used the truck pumps. The J was 3 cents per gallon cheaper than the other stations' cash price and I still got to use the AMEX card.
Gary,
Very glad it's workin' fer ya,...

Of course when it doesn't, you'll let us know that too,... Right?
michigancamper
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #397

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MICHIGAN CAMPER,
Of course, when the process fails, I'll report it. I did this in post 379. I am waiting for PFJ to reply and will post here as to what the problem was.

I even stopped at a J that was not in the RV Directory. Just for kicks and to see if the process worked as advertised. I didn't need much fuel and it was very near the CG I was set to stay at. The process worked as advertised. I received nothing. Paid the credit price.

Except for the above mentioned single incident (post 379), the PFJ process has worked. I have found PFJ pricing to be better than or equal to competing stations. When comparing prices, one needs to remember, with the RV Frequent Fueler card one can receive the cash price using a CC. At competing stations one would need to actually pay cash. Paying cash is not good for me. I'm on the road for almost 6 months.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 07-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #398

Gary,
I'm sure I sounded a bit sarcastic when I said I was glad it was working for you. And sorry, I'm afraid I was. You have long been a proponent of FJ. I'm guessing you'll agree that it doesn't always work the way FJ corporate would like it to.
Myself, as well as some other fine folks have just had it with FJ/P and really don't want to see our blood pressure rise by trying to use their services again. For over a year, (on and off) I've checked and rechecked the pricing and service of FJ/P and have been left very frustrated and angry. It goes far beyond the discount cards working or not working at some pumps and higher pricing in some areas or regions. It's a attitude the employees of FJ/P have. Not that they can override corporate but they don't even CARE!

It's for that reason that I personally will NEVER use FJ/P ever again. In my mind, if there was ever a company that deserved to be driven into bankruptcy due to customers fleeing because of the way they are treated, FJ/P would be it!

Of course realistically, we all benefit from their competition in the industry. If it wasn't for their customers (like you) that continue to use their establishments, there would be that much less competition. And that would be a bad thing for our brand of economic system. So, I "Thank You" for having a 'cooler head' and being willing to put up with their poor service. We ALL benefit from that.
michigancamper
Old 07-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #399

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Used my card Sat in Knoxville TN at the Watt Rd Flying J, pumped 50 gal, $178 worth, on the reciept it showed a $1 discount (50 gal x 2cents). Used the RV line and followed the on screen prompts (Visa then J Card). Price was right at what gas stations near my home was, and I wanted to weigh my RV for a trip this weekend, so that worked out well
edit...After reading the above post I will add, I had never weighed my rig before and the lady on the other end of the speaker was helpful, the guy running the cash register was pleasant and even though the place was very busy, they had enough registers open to help everyone. I know not all Flying J's/Pilots are this nice, but neither is the BP station down the road from my house, or the Wendy's further down for that matter (3 trips to get 2 orders right! Very sad).
Old 07-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #400

TNMIKE,
Ever heard the term,... "vote with yer feet"?
That's what I do.
I'm a tough customer.
michigancamper
Old 07-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #401

Oh yeah, the .18 cents per gallon savings were cash or credit so it is a fair comparison as well. I checked Gas Buddy and there is still $3.75 available while PFJ is up to $3.97.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #402

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHIGAN CAMPER View Post
TNMIKE,
Ever heard the term,... "vote with yer feet"?
That's what I do.
I'm a tough customer.
michigancamper
Actually, no, I haven't heard that term.
If you mean don't go back becuase of bad service, I haven't been to Wendy's in over 5 years becuse of that and a few other items.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #403

TNMike,
Looks like you can think for yourself too, Mike.

Some companies never know 'where their customers have gone',... because they don't bother to listen to them.
Sadly too, some customers just go away too and never contact management when there IS a problem.

When I have a problem with the service a company gives, I try to let management know of the problem. Sometimes they care,.. most times they DON"T. Go figger!

michigancamper
Old 07-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #404

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marcus Lemonis was at the Redmond OR Good Sam rally and gave us a preview of what is coming in January. The gas and diesel discounts will be tired to your years in the Good Sam club. There are to be four levels of membership with different "perks" The longer a member the more "perks" If you're a Charter Lifetime Good Sam member (we are) the discount is supposed to be 10 a gallon on diesel and 8 a gallon for gas. There is also supposed to be a charge card issued to members. We will sign up as soon as I go through the papers from the rally and find the paperwork even though the closes station is about 100 miles away.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #405

Oh GREAT!
Another program they won't be able to manage.
michigancamper
Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #406

Fleetwood Owners Club
So far for me the Walmart Gift Card with a 10 discount at Murphy's has them all beat. Good until the last of September.

They will get close to $600 from me by then. All that use to be spent at Flying J's.

Closed Thread