Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #435

Wow, I actually have to agree with 2 back to back posters to this thread! When was the last time that happened!?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #436

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Wayne M,
The price per gallon is on the pump. It is a digital readout, just like the other items you mentioned. Not always in the same place as the company and the pumps have been around for a long time and were installed at different times.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #437

Newmar Owners Club
Today I filled up at the J on I80, exit 77 in LaSalle, Ill. The process worked as advertised. Got the cash price and discount using the truck pumps and my AMEX card. There were no other stations at this exit for price comparison.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #438

Monaco Owners Club
Hate to burst the bubble, but here is my experience at the Pilot in Big Springs, NE I 80 MM 107.
Pulled into truck pumps. Orange (registered) RV card did not start pump.
Went into cashier, she said we don't take these cards.
Filled anyway and did not get the cash price or discount.
Store number 0082
cashier: Tonya
Receipt #22486
Sat 7-30-2011 08:18:21

Upon departure, noticed the station across the street was .04 cheaper.
So, investigate if you like, but we (2 Class A diesels) are done with the J.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #439

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Our Time,
No bubble has been burst. The station mentioned in your post is not part of the network that provides RV Frequent Fueler benefits. In post # 1 there is a link to the PFJ RV Travel Guide. The station is not listed. It is listed in the PFJ OTR directory. To avoid disappointment, consider downloading the directory to your P/C. I went an additional step and printed the directory. Added it to the large binder I keep on the dash containing the suppliers I use when on the road.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:32 AM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoon View Post
Actually the process is simple. You pull in and swipe your loyalty card and the pump starts. Pump the fuel then go inside and pay for your fuel. Done.
SHOULD be simple. But what if the card doesn't work? Mine never has; I've checked online, and the web site says my card is registered. But it has never worked yet. I've never gotten any discount on the price, and I can't see that any points have gone on the card.

What if the RV pumps are damaged and unworkable? I've seen that happen.

And there are enough stories here that echo those experiences that I would say Flying J still doesn't have this worked out, and may NEVER get it worked out.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #441

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
LynsayPFJ,
What is your preferred method of operation when a situation arrises that a station manager might need to be "retrained" on the RV Frequent Fueler Advantage program? Seems like most of the issues in this thread have come out of a misunderstanding by either the customer or possibly a PFJ employee.

Is there possibly a standard response, phone number or PFJ contact that a customer could "SUGGEST" to the station manager for mediation on the spot and at the time of sale?
Just a thought.

Thank you for your attention and thank you for the Frequent Fueler Advantage program.
That is a great idea. I will talk with customer service to see about this. One thing is that our customer service department is not open 24/7, but I will see what we can work out. There is a dedicated email address that goes directly to customer service for any RV related issues. I do recommend for the time being, that anyone who experiences issues to use that email. Gary D. has detailed that whole process in post #1 so I won't retype here. If you visit a location that does not honor the discount or the staff seems uniformed of the program, please send an email detailing your visit to that email address. Thank you for your continued great suggestions on how we can improve our service for you.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #442

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
SHOULD be simple. But what if the card doesn't work? Mine never has; I've checked online, and the web site says my card is registered. But it has never worked yet. I've never gotten any discount on the price, and I can't see that any points have gone on the card.

What if the RV pumps are damaged and unworkable? I've seen that happen.

And there are enough stories here that echo those experiences that I would say Flying J still doesn't have this worked out, and may NEVER get it worked out.
Hi there. We would be happy to check the status of your card to see that it is working properly. However, we may need to be sure you have the correct card. The RV card is orange and is good for starting the pump, discounts on fuel, and discounts on dumping fees. It does not accrue any points. The professional driver card is blue and does accrue points and shower credits. If you don't mind, please contact us using the instructions in post #1 so we can check on your card. Thank you!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #443
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My card is brown? (I'm not color blind)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #444

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Wayne M,
When using the truck pumps and the pump start feature is activated the price on the pump should drop to reflect the cash price and discount. This is why (as mentioned in post #1) it is important for a customer to notice the credit price at the pump. Then, after completing the pump start process, notice the new, lower price at the pump.

When paying for fuel, it matters not what the cashier does with your PFJ card. The transaction was closed when you returned to fueling nozzle to the pump. The receipt will show the same lower price you saw at the pump.
Gary,

At Flying J in Barstow (#614), my orange RV Frequent Fueler card activated the pump start at the truck pumps a week and a half ago, but the price remained at the original $4.169. I did send an email via the Pilot/Flying J customer service tab to explain the 3 different experiences I had at the same Flying J location. This is really getting confusing! When I went to this location 2 months ago, it worked perfectly, and now it doesn't work at either the truck pumps or the RV pumps. Since I was told on my last visit that the RV Frequent Fueler card only works at the RV pumps (manager says this is per "headquarters"), I decided to use the RV pumps today. I got the $.03 RV discount, but not the cash price, as the pump continued to show the $4.199 credit price, as did the receipt, which separated out the RV discount. We have frequented this same location for the last 10 years as we travel through several times a year to visit family. Don't know that I want to bother going back. Sure isn't worth the hastle!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #445

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
My card is brown? (I'm not color blind)
Hi Wayne - Can you describe what's on the card, i.e. the name of the card, and how long you've had it? Have you visited our rewards website or in-store kiosk to register it?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #446

Newmar Owners Club
Yesterday I filled up at the truck pumps at the Pilot on I75 in Heiskel, TN. The process worked as advertised. I received the cash price and 3 cents/gallon discount. There were no other diesel stations at that exit to price compare with the PFJ price.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #447
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I decided to use the RV pumps today. I got the $.03 RV discount, but not the cash price, as the pump continued to show the $4.199 credit price, as did the receipt, which separated out the RV discount
gjstacy: The price at the RV pumps is always the cash price, i.e. cash and credit are the same price at the RV island. Only on the truck islands is there a difference between cash and credit. There fore you paid the correct price on your most recent purchase - the pump price less the $0.03 diesel discount.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Old 08-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #448
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
Hi Wayne - Can you describe what's on the card, i.e. the name of the card, and how long you've had it? Have you visited our rewards website or in-store kiosk to register it?

Lynsay,

I'll send you a message with the numbers on the card.

My card is dark brown, with about a 1 inch square in the top left corner, diminishing in color from brown to a sort of red color (maybe burnt orange)
The card has the following on it:

Flying J
R.V. Real Value Card

#### #### #### (12 numbers)

That is all that is on the card.

Thanks.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Closed Thread