Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #449

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Lynsay,

I'll send you a message with the numbers on the card.

My card is dark brown, with about a 1 inch square in the top left corner, diminishing in color from brown to a sort of red color (maybe burnt orange)
The card has the following on it:

Flying J
R.V. Real Value Card

#### #### #### (12 numbers)

That is all that is on the card.

Thanks.
I'm sure Lynsay will get things straightened out for you, but I had the same R.V. Real Value card that I had registered online last December. It showed pump start as activated. When I tried to use it in May it did not work at my first two stops, one Pilot and one FJ. I contacted Bethany who suggested I get a new card at my next stop. I did that and received an orange RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card. A manager activated it for me, and everything has worked as advertised ever since.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #450
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bob,
I have never had a problem with the pump start. It has worked in all scenarios. The problem was when I went in to pay. The manager said that my card would not work on the "truck" pumps. It has to be used on the RV pumps in the front. I have found that a 40' mh pulling a TOAD, does not like some of the turns at the RV pumps so I avoid them. The problem was that she swiped the card at the register 3 times, and kept telling me that it will not work at the "truck" pumps. The second time it happened was in the same State, for a $38 fuel fill. I just wanted to top off and not fill up on the next stop. The clerk gave me back a cash refund because the computer would not do the calculations. The pump started, I pumped fuel, and when inside is where all the questioning and slight problem started. I have not had any other problems in over 10,000 miles of using the card, except at those two pumps. There apparently is nothing wrong with the card I use. The first person kept telling me I needed a "blue" card for the truck pumps. I finally convinced her that I did not have a truck and she then said I needed a orange card for the rv pumps and it would not work on the truck pumps. Maybe she means "just for their station."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #451

Winnebago Owners Club
Stopped at Pilot in Colonial Hieghts VA on I-95 yesterday. all worked well. However that station is not very well laid out for the gas RV. We wanted to fuel up then go inside to eat at the Wendy's. No place to park a large rv in the gas area. Had to leave the station go down the road & make a u-turn in a large parking lot then back to the truckers parking lot, No way to get to the back lot from the front lot without leaving the station.
I am assuming that the truck pumps do not have gas only diesel.
Does the credit card or Pilot/FJ put the $75 limit on the charge? When filling up my pump shutoff at $73 then I was easily able to put in the extra $2. I figured I was very close to full so I did not reset to go to full. When I got bak in the RV I was only between 3/4 & full. Probably would have taken another $20-$30. I was ok with this but Pilot/FJ should not be. Lost revenue, I am sure I am not the only one who has done this. At the price of gas you would think a limit of $75 should be raised.
Stopped at the Flying J in Burlington NC I-40/I-85. Nice station. 2 rv pump lanes & plenty of room.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #452

Hi Lynsay,
We really do miss the old FJ location map, it folded up small and was easy to store. Any chance it may come back?
Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
My card is dark brown, with about a 1 inch square in the top left corner, diminishing in color from brown to a sort of red color (maybe burnt orange)
The card has the following on it:

Flying J
R.V. Real Value Card

#### #### #### (12 numbers)
Exactly like mine, which also does not work. I'm guessing these are superceded cards, although when I go to the web site and try to register it, it says it's already registered.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #454

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Exactly like mine, which also does not work. I'm guessing these are superceded cards, although when I go to the web site and try to register it, it says it's already registered.
You are correct in that the old brown cards are superceded by the newer orange colored ones. First time I used my old RV Value card after the merger it would not work even though it was registered but the clerk at the station I was at gave me the new Frequent Fueler Advantage RV card and registered it right there for me.

The new card has worked as advertised every since.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #455

Newmar Owners Club
I have the old Flying J RV Real Value Member Card via FMCA. The card has worked as advertised per my posts in this thread. Earlier this year there was a problem if one registered a card before a certain date. I do not remember the date. One needed to re-register the card again.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #456

Newmar Owners Club
Today I filled up at the Pilot on I85 in Charlotte, NC. The Frequent Fueler Program worked as advertised. I used the truck pumps and got the cash price + 3 cents a gallon discount using my AMEX card. The Pilot cash price was the same price as T/A and Love's cash price. This means my price was 3 cents a gallon below the others and I got to use my AMEX card and not pay cash.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #457

Hi Lynsay,

I filled up at store #242, in Shelbyville. IN on Aug 2 and was not happy.

Transaction # 5665163
63.399 gal pumped
price 4.101
cash price on web site 3.699
pump start did not work. I swiped value card & it would not let me get by the ICC # request.
gave cashier the value card & credit card
had to sign a pre approved amount
That is a $27 over charge!!!

Two days later I used the same procedure at the Pilot at the Strawberry Plains exit off I40 and all worked as advertized including pump start.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #458

Newmar Owners Club
Pump start and prices do not work in Indiana.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #459

Nothing works in Indiana. Never did figure how they did the tax on fuel.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #460

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I went to the Flying J #924, 122000 W Browns Gulch Rd, Butte, MT 59701 and bought gas for my motorhome. My Frequent Fueler Advantage card worked as advertised and I got the $0.02 per gallon discount. Then I went to the propane location where I had my tank topped up with 12.5 gallons of propane. The list price ont he sign was $2.289/gallon. I went into the office and gave the clerk my Frequent Fueler Advantage card and told the lady that this was for the $0.10/gallon discount. She went to her calculator and calculated the price and I paid for it with my credit card. Later, I checked the math and found that I did not get the discount! Flying J just cheated me out of $1.25! It is not a lot of money but it just continues to show me that Flying J is having major problems still with their discount programs. Right now I am undecided whether or not I will ever use them again in the future. I may give it one more try - which would be the third time with this discount card - and if I get screwed again then they are history. By the way their gas price was competitive with other stations in the area. I could have gone to other stations and gotten gas for the same price.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #461

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Steve Ownby,
Consider reading post #1 in this thread. In part it reads:
"Specific tax regulations in IN and OR are currently preventing us from processing discounts at the truck diesel lanes. At stations where the truck lane discount is not allowed, the pump start feature will not work. We are working on a solution. Until we reach this solution, you will need to use the RV lanes to obtain your discount in these 2 states."

To avoid disappointment, consider taking action on the beginning comments in post #1. For me, I downloaded and printed the PFJ RV Travel Guide. I placed it in a binder I keep the locations of suppliers I use when on the road.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #462

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post
Well I went to the Flying J #924, 122000 W Browns Gulch Rd, Butte, MT 59701 and bought gas for my motorhome. My Frequent Fueler Advantage card worked as advertised and I got the $0.02 per gallon discount. Then I went to the propane location where I had my tank topped up with 12.5 gallons of propane. The list price ont he sign was $2.289/gallon. I went into the office and gave the clerk my Frequent Fueler Advantage card and told the lady that this was for the $0.10/gallon discount. She went to her calculator and calculated the price and I paid for it with my credit card. Later, I checked the math and found that I did not get the discount! Flying J just cheated me out of $1.25! It is not a lot of money but it just continues to show me that Flying J is having major problems still with their discount programs. Right now I am undecided whether or not I will ever use them again in the future. I may give it one more try - which would be the third time with this discount card - and if I get screwed again then they are history. By the way their gas price was competitive with other stations in the area. I could have gone to other stations and gotten gas for the same price.
Clerk made a mistake in her discount calculations, which you had the opportunity to check before paying. I don't understand how this equates to PFJ having "major problems with their discount programs" and you getting "cheated".
Closed Thread