Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #519

Newmar Owners Club
As the thread OP, the thread should remain only about the PFJ Frequent Fueler Program. If there are other comments one would like to bring to PFJ's attention, please email them directly to PFJ or Lynsay. The email addresses can be found in posts 1 and 2. This is the best and easiest way to let PFJ know your views on any topic regarding their business.

In addition, one can start their own thread about any topic one feels PFJ might be interested in or might be a discussion point on iRV2.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #520

dons2346,
A very well written letter,...

Good Luck (seriously) with the response.
michigancamper

Old 09-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
As the thread OP, the thread should remain only about the PFJ Frequent Fueler Program. If there are other comments one would like to bring to PFJ's attention, please email them directly to PFJ or Lynsay. The email addresses can be found in posts 1 and 2. This is the best and easiest way to let PFJ know your views on any topic regarding their business.

In addition, one can start their own thread about any topic one feels PFJ might be interested in or might be a discussion point on iRV2.
Gary,
You'll be pleased to know that I finally 'get it'.

I was under the assumption that ALL the threads were about an exchange of ideas.

I have been corrected and will UNsubscribe from this thread.
michigancamper
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #522

Monaco Owners Club
After boycotting FJ for over a year we tried again before heading west this summer. Card worked as advertised at Dothan, AL, Tulsa, OK and Cheyenne, WY coming and going.

Now that SEC football trips hae begun it has worked in Resaca, GA and Lake Park, GA going north, but on our return trip at Lake Park it said "see cashier". Was told I had to pre-pay, no discount. Saw the manager "we're having problems since the merger. Hey it worked one week ago, but not the next, and ill trained clerk....that's not a merger problem it's training (lack of) and attitude. I did write to corporate with all the numbers etc. and asked for a response...three days and waiting.

All I want is pump start at the truck lanes and a fill. One trip in and out is ok, but back and forth twice with pre-pay will send me back down the road to the XYZ Truckstop.

Hope next week in Gulfport, MS is a better experience.

Gooooooo Gators!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #523

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hi DandS,
Using the details from your receipt, please consider reporting this to PFJ, per post #1. Reporting the details to PFJ will help get these discrepancies closed.
Gary - Took your advice and e-mailed FJ with my details this am. Will be interested to see if I get a response since the pump cut-off amount has been and remains my biggest concern with FJ.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #524

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
All I want is pump start at the truck lanes and a fill. One trip in and out is ok, but back and forth twice with pre-pay will send me back down the road to the XYZ Truckstop.

Gooooooo Gators!!!
It should be. Mind the construction in front of the FJ. The staff was very friendly and helpful the last time I visited there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #525

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
As the thread OP, the thread should remain only about the PFJ Frequent Fueler Program.

Is this meant to be an official announcement by IRV2???
Isn't a "Commercial Member" the same as any other Member, except for the Profit Motive?

Customarily, the Moderators/Administrators issue this kind of admonishment...

Francesca
Old 09-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #526

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Francesca,
I'm not sure about your comment concerning a Commercial Member. Can you help me understand it?

My post is not an admonishment. It is a statement, by the OP, asking those posting to the thread to stay on the topic of the thread. The topic of this thread is to assist members with the PFJ Frequent Fueler Program. That is all.

All threads are started by a member and for the reason(s) stated in the OP. If another member would like to discuss something else, that member should start their own thread. It is a courtesy to those reading and posting to the thread to stay on the topic in the OP. This courtesy seems to have been lost on some of the forum's members. "Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts", for me, does not include off OP topic posts.

There is no degradation of having an open discussion. Every member making an off topic post is free to start their own thread on the topic of their choice. They could petition the moderators to make it a sticky, if the thread gains popularity.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #527

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandS View Post
Don't think I want to drive an extra 8-10 miles (round trip) on and off the freeway to go to a station that doesn't have an RV Island and I don't have a discount card. No thanks !
Just for your information that is completely way off.
And since you didn't check how far the Greenwood, IN Murphy's is off of I65 Exit 101. Or any other Murphy's distance from a Interstate.

The Greenwood station is .5 miles off the Interstate by my GPS program. Around the same distance as most Pilot/Flying J are.

The discount card is a Gift card you can get in any Wal-Mart.
By using cash, Debit card or most Credit cards. you can put any amount $$$ on it as you want.

Before my last trip started 3 weeks ago I put $600 on mine with a Discover card and got 10 a gal off at the pumps. And also got 1% back from Discover for using their card. When I got home the card still had $11.03 on it to use yet. Same card can be used for my Toad.

I had no trouble using the Murphy pumps that had as much room as any Flying J RV Island. And even more room on one side as their Diesel pumps are on the outside.

But I am only around 35' plus with a HHR toad.
Some drivers are a little more intimated in places that may take a little more driving skill to inter & exit.
You being around 1' longer then me shouldn't have a problem.

Dalton, GA Murphy's from I75 Exit 137 is .8 miles
It is very easy to find Murphy's locations plus their price is updated every 15 minutes.
And you can see how far out of your way or not they are.

Pilot/Flying J
does update all their prices once a day.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #528

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Just for your information that is completely way off.
So sorry !! When I looked at a map, my scale was a little off.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #529

Newmar Owners Club
To All,
PFJ has told me there will be responses to all inquiries that contain transaction details mentioned in post #1. I'd appreciate it if you do not receive a reply in two weeks from the date of your email, please let me know. You'll need to provide the details of the inquiry (copy of the email), date sent and the email address PFJ is to reply to. Because of this, I'd prefer to receive this information via PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #530

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Francesca,
I'm not sure about your comment concerning a Commercial Member. Can you help me understand it?
Hi, Gary

Sure!

A Commercial Member is anyone posting that has a financial stake in or business relationship with the product/service under discussion.

Hope this clears it up...

Francesca
Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
After boycotting FJ for over a year we tried again before heading west this summer. Card worked as advertised at Dothan, AL, Tulsa, OK and Cheyenne, WY coming and going.

Now that SEC football trips hae begun it has worked in Resaca, GA and Lake Park, GA going north, but on our return trip at Lake Park it said "see cashier". Was told I had to pre-pay, no discount. Saw the manager "we're having problems since the merger. Hey it worked one week ago, but not the next, and ill trained clerk....that's not a merger problem it's training (lack of) and attitude. I did write to corporate with all the numbers etc. and asked for a response...three days and waiting.

Gooooooo Gators!!!
Had the same experience in Brooksville Fl. Had to go in, wait in line, then was told I would get no discount, put $100 prepaid on the pump, pumped $89, had to go back in, wait in line and was told "you already paid for it... I asked for a receipt and was told "you should have gotten one at the pump" which I didn't so now I don't know what I paid....
Old 09-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #532

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandS View Post
Gary - Took your advice and e-mailed FJ with my details this am. Will be interested to see if I get a response since the pump cut-off amount has been and remains my biggest concern with FJ.
Gary - Received response from Pilot/Flying J today - apparently the pump cut-off in the RV lanes ONLY pertains to diesel, the cut-off for gas IS $150. Your initial rules post did not clarify that.

Closed Thread