Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #43

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcamper View Post
I have an old Green RV real value club card
It says activated when I go to the online registration site.
Do I need to get the new orange card?

For gas fill-up at the gas island do I need to prepay? or can I just swipe the card and then go in to pay cash?
If it is registered, you should be good to go. You do not have to prepay unless you are paying cash.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #44

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Lynsay,
Welcome and thanks for joining the forum. I have found your procedure post to be accurate. The last couple of stops have put us back to where we were before the merger (with regard to receiving the cash price (when using a CC) and discount and starting the pump at the truck islands. As mentioned in your OP it has been a struggle for the RV customer. Keep on plugging away. Hopefully, your efforts will get the word out.

I'd like to make a recommendation and ask you take it back to management. Can an advisory board be formed of the major RV organizations and forums to advise PFJ on matters as to how the PFJ is to maximize this target market to everyone's benefit?
I think this is a great idea! Which major RV organizations do you think should be included?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #45

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilling View Post
Hello Lynsay,

1/I just picked up an RV Real Value Card the other week. Can I register online or do I have to go into a station in order to get pump start activated. Can this be done at a Pilot if I have to go in.

2/Are all pilot locations to accept card and give cash price with the card or just Flying J's?

Thanks
Jon
Most Pilot and Flying J locations do accept the card.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's too bad you can't tie the card in with the ability to use cash without the prepay. I use cash quite often and have always hated the hassle of prepay.

So for cash customers:

there is no way of getting the discount as you pump, but only after your done?

The last time I used it was back in Oct of last year 10/17 Florence SC..and had to go in, prepay, pump, go back and then was given change back for the gas pumped.... then she had to figure out what I was owed for the discount and gave me that change separately.
It took me longer as I had to do my own calculations before entering in my trip log...as the receipt she gave me had the full price on it without discount.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

I was given a Professional Driver card at one point too, back when FJ/Pilot staf was as confused as everyone else. It now seems it was a mistake, but maybe the card can be used anyway? Can we use that card if we have it?
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
For those posting to this thread about specific fill-up problems, there is a transaction number on your receipt. If the transaction number is not provided to PFJ is is almost impossible for them to assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Special View Post
I have the orange card and have pump start activated. But had an issue last time I filled up, two weeks ago. Truck pumps, inserted Orange card, pump started, but it CUT OFF at $250.00. I had to go inside and pay. I had them restart the pump from inside, on the second fillup, I was charged 9 cents higher (cash 6 + RV card 3). Plus aggrivating the trucks because I went inside to pay without pulling forward. What did I do wrong, that it would not allow me to fill up. I normally need 125 to 150 gallons, or $500 to $600 in fuel.
It may have appeared mine was about an individual transaction, that transaction is past tense, I am not trying to change it.

My question: Is there a limit on the purchase size in the truck lanes with activated pump start. As we cannot enter a credit card until we get inside, the type of card would make no difference. I need to know if I can get $500+ in fuel, or am I limited to $250. Once I go inide there is not a discount on the balance, as it not pump started..

Guess I was not clear the way I asked it, sorry.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Hi 38 Special,
I know you want an answer from Lynsay. My personal experience is once the truck pump recognizes you as a RV customer the price on the pump drops to take advantage of the cash price and Frequent Fueler discount (.09/gallon). I have pumped $309 without a problem. When going inside to pay, one must provide their payment method and their RV Frequent Fueler or RV Real Value card (the assumption is the card was already registered).
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome Linsay Nice to see you here, I will tell you that in the past I've heard a lot of complaints.. Many centered around the "Dust" that was raised by the merger and thus as things settled down they have kind of faded into the background. (Things like this are to be expected when two companies merge)

So I'll give you my complaint.. Which by the way may actually have been fixed by the merger.. NOT ENOUGH STATIONS WHERE I NEED THEM.

The areas I travel Flying-J kind of rare.. But I think there is a Pilot on my summer route.

Keep up the good work.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #51
ljr

Hi Lynsay,

I'm new to the forum. Just registered because I heard you were here. FJ has been my home on the road since my 1st RV over 15 years ago. Up until a few weeks ago my tow vehicles had never had anything but FJ diesel in the tank.

You have responded to many of my questions and concerns already. I have one more though.

I was registered to pay by personal check with the old FJ. Did that carry over?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
TAB Bank was supposed to have sent you info about this, but I have found after talking to some people that they didn't. I am sorry for no one contacting you from us. We would love for you to be part of our RV program. All you need to do to sign up is drop by any Pilot or Flying J location (that is owned/operated by Pilot - Flying J Dealer locations are not owned/operated by Pilot) and pick up a new RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card. It is orange. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!
Lynsay,

Thank you for joining in here. As you can tell, you are already worth your weight in gold.

Will you please elaborate on your above statement about "owned/operated" Pilot versus Flying J, etc. Could this be the problem with people having differing experiences due to where they are fueling up? Are there Pilot/Flying J locations where the procedure you described does not work because they are dealer operated and not corporate owned?

Don
Old 04-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #53

i hope you are on the clock i vote mods. give you a extra fire glad your are hear to work with us
Old 04-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #54

Is there a work around for pumps shutting off at $75.00 when paying via credit card at the pump? I currently us AMEX Business card and have to insert card three times (max amount times it will accept) and then switch to my AMEX Personal card to complete my fuel up. I try to use the RV Island (tight squeeze and not always possible) so I can avoid going inside, but playing the game with the credit card $75 limit gets old. I was told at the FMCA convention at Perry that Visa had bumped up their cutoff to $325.00, but I do not carry a Visa card. Wish that applied to other credit cards as well. I have been told in the past that the $75 limit is in place because that is the max allowed to be guaranteed by the bank in case of fraud. With the price of diesel, $75 doesn't buy you much.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Hi washbob,
Consider obtaining a RV Frequent Fueler card. One can do this be asking any Pilot/J cashier. Make sure the cashier knows you are an RVer and not an OTR driver. Immediately register the card for the pump start feature. You'll now be able to use the process as mentioned in post #8 and 48 to pump all the fuel you need. I use the truck pumps exclusively and per previous posts, you'll read it works for me.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #56
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lynsay. Glad you are here.

You'd asked about other RV forums you might join. This is a good one, as you've already discovered, and the Tiffin site was a good suggestion ( TiffinRVNetwork ). Another big one is rv.net: RV , owned and operated by the Affinity group (also owners of Camping World, the Good Sam Club and publishers of probably the most popular RV magazines). The Escapees is a big RV organization: Escapees Discussion Forum . Lastly I might suggest the FMCA, an organization of all motor home owners: FMCA is for motor coach and motorhome owners. Motorcoach articles, motor home blogs, motor coach advice and motorhome videos.

Thanks again for participating. There's been a lot of Pilot / Flying J discussions on all of the RV forums, most of it negative.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
Closed Thread