Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #547

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Visited three Flying J's on recent trip - Whiteland Indiana, Walton Kentucky, and Grand Ledge Michigan. ALL were the cheapest gas around that particular area and ALL worked fine for discount (.02/gal on gas) with the value card at the pump. Love the convenience of the RV islands, just wish they would raise the pump shut-off amount with a CC for gas......had to reactivate pump at each location due to shut-off.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #548

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Just used my Flying J Frequent Fueler Card to start the truck pump in Shelby, MT at a Pilot station. It allowed the pump to run until tank was full, 96 gallons and gave me the 3 cents per gallon discount.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #549

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi dsbike,
I do not see a PFJ, in Staunton, VA in the PFJ RV Travel Guide. The I81 PFJs I see are:
Fort Chiswell I81/I77 exit 80
Greenville I81/I64 exit 213
Troutville I81 exit 150
Winchester I81 exit 323
Wytheville I81 exit 77

Was your stop at one of these stations? If so, can you provide the details on your receipt to PFJ at the email address in post #1?
Gary here is the info on the Pilot Flying J in Staunton, VA on I-81.
Store No. 396Address 3541 Lee Jackson Highway
Staunton, VA US 24401Interstate I-81, Exit 213APhone (540) 324-0714Fax (540) 324-0718Coordinates 38.0187000, -79.1406990
Yes I can send the info to the address when I get home this coming weekend. Thanks. Like I said & you know, not about the money its about the principle.
By the way I will be stopping in the same area on the way back. Just checked Fuel City's price, it is listed on Gasbuddy as the same as the PFJ, Sheetz is a penny more, but gives a 3 cent discount for reg & just sent me a email for a free 6" sub. Looks like Sheetz gets my money on the return.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #550

Tiffin Owners Club
Just returned from a trip (Lacey, wa to Andover, Mn). Stop at flying J post falls, Id. Had to pre pay. Belgrade, Mt had to prepay, Beach, Nd had to prepay. Left my cards in beach, Nd (in the trash can). Had been a member of flying J since 1995. Never liked the pilot because they have always been a PIA tho lindsay says one thing another thing happens.

I believe in "say what you mean and mean what you say" Pilot doesn't believe in this therefore the won't get my small amount of money.

jack
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #551

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dsbike,
I've asked PFJ if there is anything unique about that station. When you send PFJ the transaction information, you will receive a more detailed answer. When I get an answer, I'll post here.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #552

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jack R,

The problem at Post Falls, Idaho and Beach, ND will remain a mystery unless you will share the transaction information (per post #1 from the receipt) with PFJ or me. The information needed is in post #1. If you'd like, PM me with the details or you can send them directly to PFJ at the email address in posts #1.

The station in Belgrade, MT does not participate in the RV Frequent Fueler Program. To know which stations participate in the program go to post #1 and download the PFJ RV Travel directory.

If you have not read post #1, consider doing so. Focus on the type of fueling you do. Stop at stations that participate in the program. If a failure is experienced the transaction details need to be sent to PFJ, per post #1.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #553

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Stopped today at FJ at exit 76, I-40, Amarillo, TX and card worked as advertised including discount. Next PFJ stop in a few days will be Jackson, MS at a Pilot and my last PFJ fuel-up will be in S FL late this month. Will report those last two and then will report no more. The card has worked for me 90%+ of the time- not perfect but on the right track. If all problems are reported perhaps service will continue to improve close to that 100% success rate.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #554

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Jack R,

The problem at Post Falls, Idaho and Beach, ND will remain a mystery unless you will share the transaction information (per post #1 from the receipt) with PFJ or me. The information needed is in post #1. If you'd like, PM me with the details or you can send them directly to PFJ at the email address in posts #1.

The station in Belgrade, MT does not participate in the RV Frequent Fueler Program. To know which stations participate in the program go to post #1 and download the PFJ RV Travel directory.

If you have not read post #1, consider doing so. Focus on the type of fueling you do. Stop at stations that participate in the program. If a failure is experienced the transaction details need to be sent to PFJ, per post #1.
Thanks but no need. PFJ is not on my list to do buisness with them.

jack
Old 10-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #555

Newmar Owners Club
Today I filled up at the Pilot, I40, exit 417 in Dandridge, TN. Used the truck pumps and everything worked as advertised. The Pilot price was .02 cents a gallon below Love's.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #556

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
It worked again, stopped at the FJ in Hardin, MT. Used the truck pumps with my FJ Freq Fueler card all work as advertised got my 3 cents off.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #557

Winnebago Owners Club
What is the trick to registering a card?
Have two of them. On the website one says card has invalid number. Other card receives "unexpected error" after I fill in Name Address etc.

Have not been to Flying J since Pilot took over. Guess I still can't go.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #558

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Zimectrin,
Have you followed the instructions in post #1 of this thread?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #559

Winnebago Owners Club
I have not had the chance to follow the instructions in the first post.

The first item in the first post says to "register your card." I have two cards and neither of them will register. The new orange card receives the error "Invalid Card number. " I entered the only number on the card?? The other card, a dark red Flying J card gets the error message "unexpected error" with no other explanation.

I do not know what to do...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #560

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimectrin View Post
What is the trick to registering a card?
Have two of them. On the website one says card has invalid number. Other card receives "unexpected error" after I fill in Name Address etc.

Have not been to Flying J since Pilot took over. Guess I still can't go.
I had the girl register mine at the FJ.

Closed Thread