Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #561

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Zimectrin,
The reason I reference post 1 is that the links are unique to the RV Frequent Fueler program. If one goes to the OTR side of PFJ's Frequent Fueler Program the cards will not register. You have choices:

1. On your next PFJ stop, have the cashier register your card for you. After the card is registered, then get your fuel.

2. Try the links and instructions in post #1. I know it is a long post. However, the contents came about due to member problems, in the past.

3. On your next PFJ stop, have the cashier provide you a new card and have them register it as the same time. Then get your fuel.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #562

Winnebago Owners Club
Stopped at a PFJ today and did get some information and two cards that are now ready to use. If you are interested, read on.

My 'old' Flying J Card was so old it was unusable, they trashed it and they gave me a new PFJ card. The newer PFJ card that I presented had never been "activated". Once the clerk activated it, it "registered" with no problem at the kiosk. Seems this is a two step process.

I then asked how to use the card and received three different answers from the three person committee that tried to explain the procedure to me. (in Utah anyway, PFJ still has some training to do.)

One consistent answer is that Truck (OTR) island will always be the higher credit price. It is "best to use the car islands to get my one cent discount off diesel fuel." When challenged they looked at the advertising piece that says the discount is three cents. They said the discount has changed and is only one cent.

I am not yet ready to give up on PFJ, but they have yet to win back the trust enjoyed by the Flying J of a few years ago. Experience plus time will tell...

Old 10-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #563

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Zimectrin,
Thanks for the update. Can you post or PM me the details of the PFJ station where you had this experience. Poor station staff knowledge has been a chronic problem. I'd like to forward the station location and details of your experience to PFJ.

As to the discount, I traveled to Utah this summer and received pump start, 3 cent discount and cash price using my very old Flying J Frequent Fueler card.

I'd really appreciate your help on this matter.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #564

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Zimectrin,
Thanks for the PM with the details of your experience. I have forwarded the information to PFJ.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #565

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
4287 miles from AK to OH, card worked each of the 4 times I tried it. Used it at the truck pumps each to take advantage of the bigger nozzles. I had to go inside once to scan the card but no problems with the discount and always allowed me to pump to full with out restarting the pump every $75.00.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #566

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
Gary here is the info on the Pilot Flying J in Staunton, VA on I-81.
Store No. 396Address 3541 Lee Jackson Highway
Staunton, VA US 24401Interstate I-81, Exit 213APhone (540) 324-0714Fax (540) 324-0718Coordinates 38.0187000, -79.1406990
Yes I can send the info to the address when I get home this coming weekend. Thanks. Like I said & you know, not about the money its about the principle.
By the way I will be stopping in the same area on the way back. Just checked Fuel City's price, it is listed on Gasbuddy as the same as the PFJ, Sheetz is a penny more, but gives a 3 cent discount for reg & just sent me a email for a free 6" sub. Looks like Sheetz gets my money on the return.
Hi dsbike,
I've asked PFJ if there is anything unique about that station. When you send PFJ the transaction information, you will receive a more detailed answer. When I get an answer, I'll post here.

Gary I have sent the info, but have not received a reply as of today. I sent it on 10-10. I would suspect it could take a week or more to receive a reply. Have you?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #567

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dsbike,
I have not received a reply. For me, I give PFJ at least two weeks to reply.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #568

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thumbs up

I started having issues with missing discounts on my last trip. At first everything worked fine, then I started getting cash price, but no discount. Then last weekend, I used the truck lanes at a local Pilot and pump start wouldn't work so I received neither cash price nor discount. I reported all of this to PFJ per the instructions in post 1. I also reminded them that I continued to have an issue with my portal page showing no data.

I'm happy to report that I received a very professional response today from a customer service rep informing me that the credit department is addressing the missing discounts and the technical folks finally resolved the issue with my portal page. The whole process took 2 weeks from my first contact with them, but I'm very happy with the results.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #569

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
Hi dsbike,
I've asked PFJ if there is anything unique about that station. When you send PFJ the transaction information, you will receive a more detailed answer. When I get an answer, I'll post here.

Gary I have sent the info, but have not received a reply as of today. I sent it on 10-10. I would suspect it could take a week or more to receive a reply. Have you?
Gary, I received a reply from PFJ & to my surprise a refund of $.28 to my CC that I made the purchase with.

This is the reply:

Dear Mr. Sees:
Thank you for taking time to email me with your concern. I am forwarding your message to the appropriate Operations Team to be addressed. I apologize for taking so long getting back to you about your RV discount. I have turn the information you gave me to the credit department so that we can get that discount added back to you. We have had some updates that was done to the system and that could have been one thing that had messed with your card on that day. If you have anymore ?s please feel free to ask.
This email is in response to your customer service submission
at pilottravelcenters.com at 10:42 AM on 10/19/2011.

Hello, I am a member of the iRV2 forum and was instructed to send along this information about a recent transaction I experienced. My forum name is dsbike.
Loyalty card used & accepted
I Fueled at this Pilot & did not receive the $.02 discount. $.28 is not a big deal, but had I gotten the usual 65-70 gallons then it would be. I stopped here because of the loyalty program & did not receive any loyalty in return. I did not talk to anyone inside the store, They were busy & I needed to get back on the road to Philadelphia by early morning. I did check at the kiosk for any coupons & it said I had none. Being the first of the month, I may have not had any. However on my return trip 10-6-11, I stopped at the Flying J in Wytheville, VA & did receive the discount & I did have 2 coupons on the kiosk. Just bringing this to your attention. There may be a problem with the way this service station is setup. I imagine in the very near future there will be a large amount of RV's heading south & expecting to receive a discount on their way from the cold North East to the sunny South East.
I have enjoyed your RV Real Value Program & it is nice being able to plan our trips using your website to check fuel prices, station locations, & knowing I can maneuver a large rig around your service islands with out much difficulty. This does help relieve the stress of driving long distance for those of us who don't do it for a living.
Thank You for your continued service
Old 10-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #570

Newmar Owners Club
Hi dsbike,
Thanks for the update.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #571

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I've been getting the cash price and the discount more reliably over the past several weeks at Pilot locations using the new register software. The receipt now clearly states what the discount savings is in addition to to showing the price per gallon.

As full-timers we've refueled at a lot of Pilot/Flying J's over the past year. We always fuel at the OTR pumps; it isn't worth our time to explore whether or not we could get in the RV/auto lanes. Getting a 2 cent discount on 60 gallons isn't worth the inconvenience of getting stuck and/or having to disconnect the toad.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #572

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to PJGMG
Smile

As fulltimers, We use the TRUCK Fuel pumps because I don't have to worry about my toad and getting out.

I don't like the fact that they are usually very slick, but I use different shoes for pumping DIESEL so I don't track the dirt back into the RV.

Often the towels or clean water are not available, again it would take more resources(people) to maintain the Truck pumps.. Put people back to work..I'm sure they could find someone at minimum wage to try and keep it somewhat clean and paper avail..

Overall I am happy with Flying J/Pilot in most states..
Old 10-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #573

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to PJGMG
HI... a quick one..
"You are NOT receiving notifications/promotions from Pilot/Flying J." has been changed numerous times to send promo info.. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #574

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
We always fuel at the OTR pumps; it isn't worth our time to explore whether or not we could get in the RV/auto lanes. Getting a 2 cent discount on 60 gallons isn't worth the inconvenience of getting stuck and/or having to disconnect the toad.
Hummmm! Everyone else are getting 3 discount on Diesel.
Even at the OTR pumps.

At all of the Flying J's I have been at as a Fulltimer for 12 years.
I have never seen a 40'-42' RV with toad, have a need to unhook their toad to get in & out of a RV Island.

How many have you seen that needed to do that?
Maybe Pilot/Flying J needs to get emails from all the ones that are too big for the RV Islands.

By the way the RV Islands are never slick. And always have clean towels with a long windshield cleaner stick