Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #589

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Used to be a "regular" at Flying J's across the country, loved the conveinence of dropping off the diesel, getting it fueled and windows cleaned and parked and notified thru announcement inside that my "rig" was ready as I ate a meal and/or grabbed a fresh free shower... those days are GONE!
Left for a while and was encouraged to go back couple years ago with the RV Island Concept and the Frequent Fueler Cards and Discounts... SHORT lived Uphoria...:(

Somehow Pilot crept into the mix and for the last 16 - 18 months things have gone downhill with a vengence.
1. As noted in many posts already the cards are and are not accepted, no
consistentcy at all, some do $0.01/gal some 2 or even 3. Some enforce that silly / irritating $75.00 limit some dont.
2. Employees nor managers behind the desks seem to have no interest or motivation
at all to assist or even appear to care, or they are so understaffed or overloaded
by a customer rush that they dont have time to care.
3 At least half the time when I pull in to the RV ONLY ISLANDS there are 4 wheelers
there and they just look at you like you are interrupting them from their good
fortune to have their own little area to fuel and shoot the bull while rigs try and
wait without blocking the entrances ! Again no staff to care or try and enforce
the rules.
4 Loved the Dump Station right at the RV ISLAND Concept, was supposed to be if
you spent $75.00 the dump was free... now its $10.00 at the last 5 or 6 I was at
and then the hose for sanitary flush would not connect to tank flush in the RV and
the fresh water fill hose or even the hose bib was so filthy or unsanitary or
unknown that I didn't dare try and top off the potable water.
5. Has anyone else kept records as with ScanGage II, or manually to show fuel per
tank or trip costs and found out like I have that my mpg's with FJ/Pilot regular
gas is at least 7 % to 10 % below what I get with HESS, Shell, Marathon, or Race
Track ??? I have a sneaky suspicion this may be due to the ETHENOL adds and I
noted that the owners manual says to avoid ethenol added fuels in the GM 8.1.
6. Time to forego the FJ/Pilot Experiences for me for a while until they make a
committment to serving the customers needs and show us the "LOYALTY" behind
their commitment again. I travel too much to be treated like that.

Be safe, enjoy the open roads, Thank A vet for our great freedoms !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #590

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MegaRoadie,
This thread is for helping members with the PFJ Frequent Fueler Program, that is all. Any other concerns about PFJ can be emailed directly to them at the email address in post #1. One could also start your own thread on the PFJ subject of your choice.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #591

Well I read though the first 25 pages of this thread and didn't see anything relating to my question.

This morning around 8:45 I went to the PFJ at 400 Route 15 (Haynes Street)
Sturbridge, MA 01566
and requested a Frequent Fueler card but was told by the cashier that I had to bring my RV (which is in storage for the winter) to the station to get one. I did not see this listed as a requirement in post #1, the PFJ FAQ, or anywhere else on their site for that mater.

I used their online form to ask them about it as well.

My question is has anyone else run into this? Does anyone know if this is actually PFJ policy?

I'm trying to get everything set up and put together for next traveling season...

Thank you for reading,
Jason

P.S. for those who are looking at the prices at this location was about $.04 less then the closest local stations.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #592

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merddin View Post
Sturbridge, MA 01566 and requested a Frequent Fueler card but was told by the cashier that I had to bring my RV (which is in storage for the winter) to the station to get one. I did not see this listed as a requirement in post #1, the PFJ FAQ, or anywhere else on their site for that mater.
I think that clerk was wrong. When I went into the store to get my new Frequent Fueler Advantage card, I had my RV parked around the side of the station (not at any fuel pump location). The manager was the one that actually took care of me and never asked to see my coach.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #593

Quote:
Well I read though the first 25 pages of this thread and didn't see anything relating to my question.

Sturbridge, MA 01566
and requested a Frequent Fueler card but was told by the cashier that I had to bring my RV (which is in storage for the winter) to the station to get one. I did not see this listed as a requirement in post #1, the PFJ FAQ, or anywhere else on their site for that mater.

I used their online form to ask them about it as well.

My question is has anyone else run into this? Does anyone know if this is actually PFJ policy?

I'm trying to get everything set up and put together for next traveling season...

Thank you for reading,
Jason

P.S. for those who are looking at the prices at this location was about $.04 less then the closest local stations.
That was incorrect information. Should you make the effort again and get the same response be sure to ask to speak with the manager. If he agrees be sure to get his name and send it to PFJ, he needs to be fired!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #594

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Merddin,
Thank you for posting this information. I have forwarded the information to PFJ. If you get a response, please post in this thread, I'll do the same.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #595

They wrote back this afternoon. I have to say that was probably the quickest reply I have gotten from a business in a long time.

They told me that the clerk was incorrect and that they were going to call the store and make sure they knew the current policy.

They are also going to mail me a card to make up for the inconvenience.

I must say that if the stores catch up to the level of customer service I received from corporate then they would be hard to beat.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #596

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Merddin,
Thanks for the update. This is good news (both the quick response and the response itself).
Old 10-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #597

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, fast response. I sent a message on the 9'th of this month asking why they differentiated between gas and diesel customers on the pump cut-off limit.....have yet to hear back. Suspect they don't want to answer that ?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #598
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
They wrote back this afternoon. I have to say that was probably the quickest reply I have gotten from a business in a long time.

They told me that the clerk was incorrect and that they were going to call the store and make sure they knew the current policy.

They are also going to mail me a card to make up for the inconvenience.

I must say that if the stores catch up to the level of customer service I received from corporate then they would be hard to beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Merddin,
Thanks for the update. This is good news (both the quick response and the response itself).
I'd like to add my Thank you for the post also.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #599

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DandS,
The pump cut off limit is not based on the fuel pumped. It is based on the pump used combined with the method of payment.

Pump Used = Method of Payment = Cut Off Limit
Truck Pumps = Does Not Matter = $795.
RV Pumps = VISA = $495.
RV Pumps = All except VISA = Varies
Auto Pumps = VISA = $150.
Auto Pumps = All except VISA = Varies

"Varies" means the pump cut off will vary depending on the payment method, and the variety of institutions that have a say in the CC limit they will risk.

Sorry for the "=" sign separating the columns. I could not get the TAB key to create columns.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGMG View Post
Don, $.09 per gallon...truly awesome.. Is that just a special for Van Horn Tx. because you used CA$H ?

Tahnks
I believe there is a $0.06 discount for using the card, and a further $0.03 for paying cash, or it could be the other way around. Post #1 of this thread may explain this.

This is system wide as I understand it, not just at Van Horn, TX.

Don
Old 10-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #601

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi DandS,
The pump cut off limit is not based on the fuel pumped. It is based on the pump used combined with the method of payment.

RV Pumps = VISA = $495.
Gary - Apparently you forgot the earlier posts where FJ advised me the Visa limit of $495 was ONLY for diesel at the RV islands, gas limit was $150.(You even changed the rules in post #1 to reflect this). I am attempting to learn why they differentiate between fuels on the limit.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #602

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DandS,

My goodness, I forgot what was said in an earlier post. Imagine that. The current information can be obtained going to the PFJ website or contacting them directly. You have an interesting viewpoint. FYI, this is how this thread works. I post what PFJ says (at that time) as to how their business and the Frequent Fueler program works. I receive no advance warning or information. This thread may be behind the times from time to time.

Things change over time. Things could change tomorrow or never or somewhere in between. A further complexity is the network of different relationships and contracts they have with the station owners in different parts of the country.

If you are referring to the difference in pump cut off at the RV lanes (gas vs diesel), I missed your point. My apology. If you'd like to understand this more completely, please contact PFJ directly.

And yes, I do change post #1 when I realize that information is no longer correct.
Closed Thread