Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #603

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi DandS, My goodness, I forgot what was said in an earlier post. Imagine that. The current information can be obtained going to the PFJ website or contacting them directly. You have an interesting viewpoint.

If you are referring to the difference in pump cut off at the RV lanes (gas vs diesel), I missed your point. My apology. If you'd like to understand this more completely, please contact PFJ directly.
Not sure what you mean by my "viewpoint" - on 9/30 I received the following email relative to why my Visa card was cut off @ $150 when the rules posted at that time said $495 with a Visa at the RV pumps.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 2:39 PM
Subject: RE: Pilot Travel Centers Thanks You - Ref#:399367 ACC_KEY:
J95387QJFW84D

If you use the RV island you can pump up to $495 of diesel. If you pump
regular gas from the RV island you can only pump $150. That determines where the pump stops.

I followed up with an email to him on 10/9 asking why they differentiate between diesel and gas customers. To this date, I have not received a reply. Maybe you can get one ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #604

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DandS and Everyone Else,

The latest news for pump cut off limits is:
1. There is no difference based on the fuel pumped.
2. VISA cut off at the RV pumps is $495.

DandS this should answer the question you asked.

To everyone, this is the current information. If one had difficulty in the past (like DandS 9/30 example) this is in the past. Like I've said before, things change.

If, in the future, one is at the RV pumps and is using a VISA card and has a cut off less than $495 they should contact PFJ at the email address in post #1 of this thread. Please ensure to include all the information asked for in post #1.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #605

Newmar Owners Club
Is Lynsay still responding to questions on this thread?
Why is there not proper directional signs for the Flying J at the Florence, SC exit 169 I-95 Stop. When you get off the Hwy you see what looks like the Flying J but really is a Shell Station not part of the Flying J.
Have stopped there twice the first time with our car and just figured the loyalty card didn't work, the second time could not get pump to work outside and the attendent turned on the pump inside. When I went to pay that's when I found out the Shell was not part of Flying J. I still do not know how to get into That Flying J, guest I have to just stop at the Latta, SC stop at exit 181A on I-95.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #606

Another 'crap story' for Ya Gary,...

I stopped for my 'yearly fix' to see if P/FJ is still screwed up,... it is.

I stopped in at the Pilot station in Dandridge, TN on Monday on my way to Cleveland. Used my "discount card" and paid inside.
The nice lady told me I didn't get a discount there with my "FJ" card.
The price was the same as other stations in the area so I wasn't too upset, except, I was sorry I gave them some more of my money to keep them in business.
michigancamper
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #607

Newmar Owners Club
Hi read & learn,
This thread is only for helping with the PFJ Frequent Fueler program. If you have other PFJ concerns please send them directly to PFJ at the email address in post #1 of this thread. Feel free to start another thread on the PFJ topic of your choice.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #608

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MICHIGAN CAMPER,
I use this station frequently and have had no problems. Pump start, cash price with a CC and discount have been received each and every time. And this is with my "old" FJ card. I'm not sure what your problem is but, in this case, I sincerely doubt the problem is with PFJ.

Your post is quite vague. Maybe on purpose? Your post contains no details. Gas or diesel? Truck or auto pumps (there are no RV pumps at this station). If the truck pumps were used, did pump start work?

I know this station and I know it works.

If you really want an answer, consider sending the details of the transaction (listed in post #1) to PFJ at the email address in post #1. However, if you just want to complain, do nothing.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi MICHIGAN CAMPER,
I use this station frequently and have had no problems. Pump start, cash price with a CC and discount have been received each and every time. And this is with my "old" FJ card. I'm not sure what your problem is but, in this case, I sincerely doubt the problem is with PFJ.

Your post is quite vague. Maybe on purpose? Your post contains no details. Gas or diesel? Truck or auto pumps (there are no RV pumps at this station). If the truck pumps were used, did pump start work?

I know this station and I know it works.

If you really want an answer, consider sending the details of the transaction (listed in post #1) to PFJ at the email address in post #1. However, if you just want to complain, do nothing.
Hey Gary,
Like your post (#555), I'm wasn't looking for an answer either. Just stating facts.
I was vague? Whats vague about giving the nice lady my card and being told, "No discount available"?

For you it works, that's great. I'm just sayin' I try P/FJ once a year or so and for me, it's still screwed up.

Maybe it's like 'the soup Nazi' and they just don't like me.
michigancamper
Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #610
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, if it were me (and I know it isn't), I would want to find out the reason why it wasn't working so that it could be fixed. It would not only help me, but possibly a small few others that it is not working for. it may be just a simple glitch in the system.

Oh well.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, if it were me (and I know it isn't), I would want to find out the reason why it wasn't working so that it could be fixed. It would not only help me, but possibly a small few others that it is not working for. it may be just a simple glitch in the system.

Oh well.
No 'glitch'. I was talking straight to a real live person.
michigancamper
Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #612
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, I disagree. The glitch is in the person not knowing what PFJ Corporate is publishing. That needs to be reported. That particular PFJ station is in their RV Guide. The discount "is" offered.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #613

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I must have good karma, every PFJ i use gives me pump start at the truck pumps, and the $0.03 off. One time the pump would not or could not read my card so I had to go inside. Swiped the card inside all worked according to Hoyle after that.

I haven't tried the RV pumps since I benched the Class C gasser. I like the large nozzles and quick fill at the truck pumps.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #614

Newmar Owners Club
Filled up yesterday at the Pilot in Cartersville, GA. (off I75). Used the truck pumps. Everything worked as advertised. The T/A did not advertise it's diesel prices so I have no comparison.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #615

Newmar Owners Club
MICHIGAN CAMPER,
The only reason to provide the Frequent Fueler card to a cashier is if you were using the auto pumps (no RV pumps at this location) and paying cash. Is that how you were paying and is that why you needed to show your Frequent Fueler card to the cashier?

[Moderator Edit]
Old 10-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #616

Newmar Owners Club
Filled up today at the J off I75, in Georgia, exit 3, Lake Park. Used the truck pumps and everything worked as advertised. The local Love's was 3 cents higher than the J cash price and Petro was 2 cents higher than the J cash price. Getting 3 cents off the J cash price using my AMEX card was a good price.

FYI, at this station, DEF is available at the pump, either side. There is also a place for natural gas dispensing (not yet operational). PFJ has been a leader in getting ready for the commercial trucks that will use natural gas.

Closed Thread