Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
MICHIGAN CAMPER,
The only reason to provide the Frequent Fueler card to a cashier is if you were using the auto pumps (no RV pumps at this location) and paying cash. Is that how you were paying and is that why you needed to show your Frequent Fueler card to the cashier?

[Moderator Edit]
She didn't want the card as "no discount was available" with it.
Yes, I did pay in 'cash'. Diesel BTW.
michigancamper

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #618

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MICHIGAN CAMPER,

It is impossible to understand your situation and provide assistance without the details of your fueling process. I have asked you for the details. Assistance will not be possible until they are provided. In addition purchase details are listed in post #1. Since you purchased diesel and this station has no RV lanes and the auto lanes are down right dangerous for a coach and toad my assumption is you used the truck lanes. If this is true, one must use the Frequent Fueler card at the truck pump (enabling pump start). If this is not done, no discount can be obtained.

Your post states "Used my "discount card" and paid inside." This statement has no meaning without the details of your purchase.

As previously mentioned I frequent this station and have never had a problem (truck or auto lanes and diesel or gas). Even in the early days of the PFJ merger there has been no problem at this station. This means there could be a difficulty with how you are executing the fueling process.

PFJ employee training is a known problem. Post #1 has mentioned, for many months, to not bother with depending on PFJ station employees to understand how the program works. All one needs to do is follow the process for the fuel and pump you are using.

You can email the details of your purchase directly to PFJ or PM them to me here at iRV2.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 11-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #619

First off, I look for PFJ when traveling(some are more RV friendly than others), I dont like using the Truck lanes due to a Foaming issue which can really be a pain at the high volume pumps. I started reading this whole thread but stopped around page 5-6 so I figure Ill just ask.

We just completed an 8000 mile/6 week trip and as stated, I look for PFJ, especially ones with RV islands(37'MH with a toad and never once a problem at an RV Island)....I prefer to use my AmerEX.....on those stops at PFJ's yet I was still doing the 3 time swipes of cards(both CC and Frequent fuel cards) ......100.00 limit on each transaction. Is there now a solution to this? Or am I having to head to the Truck lanes to make only one transaction?(Oh, I did register this card once I got home...maybe that will make a difference??)

I started this trip with the "OLD Green" Flying J card...funny it worked the first time and then I noticed it didnt the next two times so I was given a new Orange one at my third fill up of diesel(oh, well....guess I missed out on the discount).

Thanks for filling in all the caps Ive missed on this thread.
Dwight
Old 11-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi MICHIGAN CAMPER,

It is impossible to understand your situation and provide assistance without the details of your fueling process. I have asked you for the details. Assistance will not be possible until they are provided. In addition purchase details are listed in post #1. Since you purchased diesel and this station has no RV lanes and the auto lanes are down right dangerous for a coach and toad my assumption is you used the truck lanes. If this is true, one must use the Frequent Fueler card at the truck pump (enabling pump start). If this is not done, no discount can be obtained.

Your post states "Used my "discount card" and paid inside." This statement has no meaning without the details of your purchase.I paid with CASH,.... What more details are you looking for?

As previously mentioned I frequent this station and have never had a problem (truck or auto lanes and diesel or gas). Even in the early days of the PFJ merger there has been no problem at this station. This means there could be a difficulty with how you are executing the fueling process.

PFJ employee training is a known problem. Post #1 has mentioned, for many months, to not bother with depending on PFJ station employees to understand how the program works. All one needs to do is follow the process for the fuel and pump you are using.

You can email the details of your purchase directly to PFJ or PM them to me here at iRV2.
Gary,
As I stated in my post #609, I wasn't looking for 'an answer'. I couldn't care less if you 'understand OR give assistance'. I wasn't asking for either from you.

You simply stated in you post #555, your experience with P/FJ at this station and I was simply stating mine in post #606.

There are a few folks out there that are watching this thread and I feel they are entitled to everyone's opinion, don't you?
michigancamper
Old 11-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #621

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHIGAN CAMPER View Post
Gary,
As I stated in my post #609, I wasn't looking for 'an answer'. I couldn't care less if you 'understand OR give assistance'. I wasn't asking for either from you.

You simply stated in you post #555, your experience with P/FJ at this station and I was simply stating mine in post #606.

There are a few folks out there that are watching this thread and I feel they are entitled to everyone's opinion, don't you?
michigancamper
MICHIGAN CAMPER
I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion but this thread was primarily set up to help people who are having problems using PFJ's facilities and WANT to be helped.

I think you have expressed your opinion.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #622

Newmar Owners Club
Hi acampingwewillgo,

Post #1 of this thread has the information you are looking for. The information is:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Pump $ cutoffs for PFJ members using their PFJ Frequent Fueler Card:
9a. VISA Auto/Car Lanes = $150.

9b. VISA RV Lanes = $495.
9c. MC, Discover, AMEX Auto/Car & RV Lanes = $75.
9d. Payment method does not matter at the truck pumps. Truck Pumps = $750.
9e. Pump cut off limit for Debit Cards (PIN needed) is $75 at all Auto and RV pumps (diesel and gas).
9f. Additional information about $ pump cutoffs. PFJ established the above mentioned limits for RV Frequent Fueler customers. However, there are other companies that also have a say in when the pump cuts off for you as an individual customer. These other companies may have a different $ amount than mentioned above. Be assured the above mentioned $s pump cut offs are programmed into the PFJ systems. If you are allowed more or less than the above mentioned limits that decision was not made by PFJ.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The CC cut off limit has been and continues to change. Per the above, if you find a limit less than above, please contact PFJ at the email address in post #1. Since you are getting a $100 cut off, your doing better than most. I understand your concern about the foaming at the truck pumps. From a pump cut off view using the truck pumps is, at this time, the only way to fill your tank with a single transaction.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #623

Newmar Owners Club
Filled up today at the Pilot in Wildwood Florida. Used the truck pumps and the Frequent Fueler Program worked as advertised. Cash price of the T/A across the street was the same as the Pilot cash price. This means I paid 3 cents less per gallon and got to use my AMEX card.

There was an interesting development. As I continued south on the Florida Turnpike, the service plazas (Shell) were 2 cents less per gallon than the Pilot station mentioned above. The sign did not indicate if this was a cash or credit price. The reason this was mentioned is because Turnpike fuel is generally higher priced than fuel purchased else where.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #624

Newmar Owners Club
Filled up today at the Pilot at I75 exit 358, Ocala, Florida. Used the truck pumps. Everything worked as advertised. Love's was a penny less cash price than the Pilot. This means I paid 2 cents less a gallon than Love's and still got to use my AMEX card.

A trend has developed that the truck pump receipts now show the cash price and the 3 cents a gallon discount as separate line items. This is different than the past. Look for this change at your next use of the truck pumps. The price at the pump indicates the cash price. The 3 cents a gallon discount will be subtracted when you pay and be shown on your receipt.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #625

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I returned from a trip to Southern NJ and used the Pilot/Flying J for 3 gasoline stops. At each the system worked properly. Insert CC, then RV card and received the .2 cent per gallon discount at each stop.Registered on the pump.
The first surprise at Flying J,Carneys Point, NJ. For the first time in 5 years I was able to complete the transaction at the pump. Never happened before, always had to go inside before pumping and after pumping.
The second major surprise was the .2 cent discount per gallon. Never got a discount in NJ for gasoline. Always been told NJ did not allow discounts. Did they change the law?
Also noted the price structure to be more in line with the competition.
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #626

Newmar Owners Club
Hi depchief,
Thanks for the update. I have asked PFJ for an update on the NJ discount.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #627

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by acampingwewillgo View Post
First off, I look for PFJ when traveling(some are more RV friendly than others), I dont like using the Truck lanes due to a Foaming issue which can really be a pain at the high volume pumps. I started reading this whole thread but stopped around page 5-6 so I figure Ill just ask.

We just completed an 8000 mile/6 week trip and as stated, I look for PFJ, especially ones with RV islands(37'MH with a toad and never once a problem at an RV Island)....I prefer to use my AmerEX.....on those stops at PFJ's yet I was still doing the 3 time swipes of cards(both CC and Frequent fuel cards) ......100.00 limit on each transaction. Is there now a solution to this? Or am I having to head to the Truck lanes to make only one transaction?(Oh, I did register this card once I got home...maybe that will make a difference??)

I started this trip with the "OLD Green" Flying J card...funny it worked the first time and then I noticed it didnt the next two times so I was given a new Orange one at my third fill up of diesel(oh, well....guess I missed out on the discount).

Thanks for filling in all the caps Ive missed on this thread.

Dwight

here is what i do with my 5ther diesel truck go in side give em card tell em fill up on # i go get card charge what u need .
Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #628

Newmar Owners Club
Frequent Fueler discounts are now available in Arizona and New Jersey. Post #1 has been updated to reflect this new change.

Many thanks to depchief for letting us know about his experience. This allowed me to ensure the change was state wide and as permenant as anything can be with state governments.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #629

Tiffin Owners Club
I just fueled at the truck pumps at station #610 in Kingman, AZ. Swiped my FF card to start the pump, received the .03 discount and cash price when paying with my CC.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #630

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I lifted this commentary from another blog today:

"Then just south of Bowling Green, KY we stopped for diesel at a Flying J. Pulling into the RV diesel pumps I was happy to see a sticker on the pump saying that if you used a MasterCard you could pump $100 in one transaction, and if you used a Visa Card you could pump up to $495 in one transaction.
Great! No more having to go inside and stand in line. So I used my Visa Card, and my Flying J RV card, and started the pump.
Which almost immediately stopped at $75. Huh?
So it was off inside, where I stood in line, and when I asked about the $495 sticker, the young woman (blonde) said, ‘Oh, we don’t know anything about those stickers, or who put them there. People just keep asking us. But all the pumps stop at $75 no matter what card you use.”
Later checking on the Pilot-Flying J website, it also says you can pump $495 on a Visa Card.
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

This is my problem with Pilot/Flying J. They want us to fuel at their stations but it is up to us to deal with the problems they are having in giving the discount and getting the fuel to start and getting the higher VISA limit. This is a stupid way to run a business! Several people on this site are avid supporters of FJ in spite of this. I don't understand it. Who would continue to shop at Wal Mart if you could only run your VISA for $75 at one store and several hundred dollars at another store? What if the store help acted as dumb as the above quote? Why should we put up with this at FJ? Flying J is attractive to some because some stations have a RV lane and those with diesel can use the truck lanes and this is handy. However many other FJ stations do not have a RV lane and the car lanes are not set up to allow RVs to get in and out easily. On top of that is the fact that we have to have a printed directory to know which stations honor the discount. What's up with that?? I can't just see a FJ sign and go in and know I am going to get the discount. This is not the way to run a business and be successful! You can tell that there is a problem with this company when this thread has well over 600 posts to it by people complaining (and supporting) them. I just can't understand why people put up with this.

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Closed Thread