Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #659

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi docj,
You might feel this is a dumb question, but things are changing fast at PFJ and I want to make sure I understand what you posted. In post 652, it was mentioned you felt your price/gallon was the credit price. Are you sure? After you entered all your cards and got pump start approval, the price at the pump should have displayed the cash price. That is the price you should have paid and then got the 3 cent/gallon deduction on your receipt.

I have sent emails to PFJ asking for clarification on the new pay at the truck pump discounts for FF RV card holders.
Gary--

On my receipt it says the price was $3.929/gal but the posted price on the sign was, I believe, $3.869. My receipt (transaction 666123) shows a total price of $158.15 and my card was billed $156.95 which reflects a discount of 3 cents/gal on 40.251 gal.

I don't mind going inside, but it should would be nice if that were not necessary. Pay at pump at these prices would definitely make me a loyal customer!

Joel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #660

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Do you need assistance with the PFJ Frequent Fueler Program?
I have used the FJ Frequent Fueler program for many years, and will continue to use it when I can pay at the pump by swiping both my CC and my FF card. I would like to use the FF program, but if the card readers do not work ...which is becoming more common than not ...I will not use the FF program and likely will be buying my fuel elsewhere where pay-at-the-pump is possible. Giving up a 5% discount because I have to walk inside to activate the pump due to defective equipment is a deal breaker for me.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #661

High price of your fuel

I do have a question. In Tulsa, OK the price of diesel at your location is always 3 to 4 cents higer than any other fuel points in the city. Why is your fuel so expensive?
Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #662

Newmar Owners Club
Hi AFChap,
I have used PFJ throughout the USA this year. I have not encountered card readers not working. I have also followed the instructions in post #1 and the cash price and discount have been provided each time (except once in Idaho). I have no idea why you have so much trouble with the card readers. Consider obtaining another FF Card.

As to your paying at the pump using a CC. I know PFJ is working on that.

Good luck on your fuel stops. Safe travels.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #663

Newmar Owners Club
Hi bobram,
This thread is for helping people with the PFJ frequent fueler program. In post #1 there are instructions for asking PFJ questions like the one you posted.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #664

ok sorry
Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #665

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I have no idea why you have so much trouble with the card readers. Consider obtaining another FF Card.
I have a new FF card ...it's the cc that the readers don't properly read ...most of the card readers where I have been this year from Alabama to Colorado and pretty much every state in between have been totally out of order, or partially so like at the Pearl MS location last week where the keypad read different numbers than the user pressed ...it insisted on having my zip code but would not allow me to input it correctly, and would then reject my payment.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #666

Newmar Owners Club
Hi AFChap,
My mistake, I am sorry. This thread is about helping people with the PFJ frequent fueler program. For your concern, there are instructions in post #1 on how to contact PFJ and let them know about your difficulties that are consistent over time.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #667
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
This thread is "only" about helping people with the PFJ frequent fueler program, which can be quite an issue.

Everything is else is .

Let's stay on topic please.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #668

Newmar Owners Club
Filled up today at the Pilot off of I95 in Cocoa, Florida. Following the instructions in post #1, everything worked as advertised. The advertised PFJ cash price was the same as all stations at this exit.

This was the smallest PFJ station I have ever been to. About 6 truck pumps. After entering the station one must make a hard left turn to enter the truck pimps. There is no place to pull forward once fueling has completed. There is another hard left turn to exit the truck pumps.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #669

Monaco Owners Club
You really should stay away from those truck pimps!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #670

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to PJGMG
Hello... came back on Sunday and stopped in at Flying J in Haw River, NC for GAS in my CAR.. Used my Frequent Fuel card (as matter of fact the pump reminded me) also recv'd my 3 cents off. My experience here, has always been very good.

BTW: They have a large area for TRUCKS which I use, fill up, pull forward, go inside pay, pullout and away we go.

As far as the RV pumps(2) in the Car area it can be a little tight due to the cars waiting to fuel up for gas. Also I'm always afraid someone will back up and hit my Rig.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #671

Newmar Owners Club
Filled up today at the Pilot on US 27 in Haines, Florida. Using the truck pumps and following the procedure in post #1 everything worked as advertised.

This looks like a new Pilot.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #672

Newmar Owners Club
Recently, members have posted about using a CC at the truck pumps and not receiving the cash price and or RV card discount. PFJ has informed me there is a programming problem. The problem must be repaired station by station.

The best advice I can offer is, when using the truck pumps, follow the process in post #1 to receive all the RV Card benefits.

If you do use a CC at the truck pumps and do not receive all the RV Card benefits, contact PFJ at the link in post #1. Provide the transaction details mentioned in post #1.

Closed Thread