Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #673
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I generally use the RV Lanes and haven't had any problems. Follow the instructions and I got the 3 cents off of the cash price at both Flying-J and Pilot. Since getting ym new RV Card, we went from Texas to South Dakota to Pennsylvania and back to Texas.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #674

I stopped this morning (in my truck, on my way home from my last trip of the Christmas rush for Toys R Us) at the Flying J just north of Austin, TX (exit 275, I believe). I needed to get a new Flying J RV card, since apparently the old cards don't work.

When I went to the gas desk, they told me I had to go to the truck fuel desk, since they are two separate companies.

The woman at the fuel desk said they no longer have them, because they had employees abusing the cards, and anyway, they are not a Flying J; they only sell Flying J fuel. I assume this means they're a franchise, although there's no way to tell that that I could see. Flying J signs, Flying J fuel, Denny's restaurant, the whole schmeer.

After I got off work, I went to the Flying J on the south side of Dallas, Bonnie View exit on I-20, to get a card, fuel up, and dump. The woman at the desk gave me a card and activated it. I went out and used it according to the instructions. Got only a 2 cents per gallon discount, and the receipt printer didn't work. Went back inside and got a receipt printed. Paid for a dump, and emptied out the tanks in preparation for cold weather.

12/23/11 Transaction #210912

Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #675

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Got only a 2 cents per gallon discount, and
Discount for gas is .02 cents, and for diesel is .03 cents, but you should have received the cash price in either case.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #676

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to our Forum Lindsey...I am new to the RV community and haven't used Flying J. Looks like you have a lot of disgruntled customers though and I hope you can over come the problems that most of the folks are telling you about...Maybe Flying J should lower there over all prices to get people coming back.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #677

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Has Lynsay quit the thread?
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #678
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks like. She hasn't been back since Aug 30. I guess we spooked her.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #679

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
Has Lynsay quit the thread?

Gee, I wonder why?
Old 12-24-2011, 02:18 AM   #680

We stop at Flying J off I-75 south of Atlanta to spend the night before going on to FL. We gas up and buy dinner there. No complaints. We figure the slightly higher cost of gas makes up for the free place to spend the night.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #681

Newmar Owners Club
Hi mrblanche,

The first PFJ station, mentioned in your post (I35, exit 275) participates in the RV Frequent Fueler Program only at the diesel truck pumps. That information is in the PFJ RV Travel Guide. You are correct, that location is a dealer, not a corporate PFJ location. In post #1 there is a link to the PFJ RV Travel Guide. To avoid future disappointment, consider downloading the directory so it can be used as a reference. I printed the directory and it is stored in a 3 ring binder along with other vendors I use when on the road. Using the directory is the only way to determine the level of service one will receive when using the frequent fueler program.The old Flying J cards do work. I continue to successfully use the Flying J card I received many years ago.

The second PFJ location is a corporate owned PFJ location offering all RV Frequent Fueler Services. When fueling at the RV islands, one automatically receives the cash price. It is shown as the price per gallon, on the receipt. The cash price is not broken out as a separate line item. In addition you received the 2 cents per gallon discount. This is what one should have received, using the RV Frequent Fueler card. You should have also received the discounted price for using the dump station.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #682

Newmar Owners Club
Hi jabfado,
This thread is dedicated to those needing assistance with the PFJ RV Frequent Fueler Program. All other PFJ topics (i.e., pricing) should be posted to another thread (or start one) look in post #1 of this thread. Instructions on how to make your comments known to PFJ are in that post.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Gee, I wonder why?
Those who can't take the heat should get out of the kitchen. Customer service isn't about talking to people who are happy with your service.

As to the card issue, there are previous posts that say my old card was superseded by the new one, and would not work. Although I registered it anew, it still wouldn't work properly. I was directed in one of those earlier messages to stop and get a new one, which I did, and which seems to work.

There is a new app for andoid phones called "My Pilot" that will show you all Pilot and Flying J locations, along with their features, such as RV lanes, etc.

https://market.android.com/details?i...MubXlwaWxvdCJd

It's available in the Itunes Store, too, for iphones, ipods, ipads, and idontknowwhatelse.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #684

Newmar Owners Club
Hi mrblanche,
This thread was started for a single purpose. That is to help people with the PFJ RV Frequent Fueler (Advantage) Program. That's all. Nothing more and nothing less. Post #1 provides information about how to contact PFJ for any concern a customer may have. If I had been Lynsay's manager I would have pulled her from this thread. It has nothing to do with not taking the heat. It has to do with the lack of courtesy of iRV2 members. If one wants to complain one can start their own thread or follow the instructions in post #1. PFJ has been very good about answering inquiries. PFJ was paying Lynsay to be of help to those needing assistance with the RV Frequent Fueler Program. That's all, nothing more and nothing less.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #685

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Those who can't take the heat should get out of the kitchen. Customer service isn't about talking to people who are happy with your service.
I thank PFJ for their interest in my business with them, and my loyalty card. The new credit card will not work as well ($) for me, and I hope that the older, non-credit loyalty cards remain in service.
I suspect their having an employee on this forum may have had something to do with the roll out of the new card and it's features.
Us RVer's are a small portion of their businees, and represent a 'higher cost per transaction'. That higher cost has led to some petroleum retailers having a less-that happy attitude towards us. I applaud PFJ's decision to go 'full in" to pursue market share of the RV based customer business. They listen to all, happy or not, capable to understand or those who might need things explained to them a little more s l o w l y. Just think of how your next trip would be without RV friendly companies like PFJ or Walmart.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #686

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
Hello everyone - My name is Lynsay and I'm with Pilot Flying J. I am new to this forum and I am here to help answer any questions you all have regarding our RV Frequent Fueler Advantage program. I know many in the RV community were loyal patrons to Flying J before the merger with Pilot Travel Centers. We didn't realize at the time, but we made it difficult on RVers to use our facilities, and for that we are sincerely sorry. We have made lots of changes to the program after hearing from many of our customers and members of the RV community. As I said before, I'm here to help, so please reach out to me or let me know if you see forum threads that I should become part of to help decrease the hassle at the pump. Thank you all for letting me be part of your community.
Lindsay, we use PFJ when we are on the road. The variance in the credit card caps can be annoying. It becomes a pain when you get almost full and the pump cuts you off and you have to run it again for 2 or 3 gallons. Some places are great but it is not standardized. We have run into places where the card scanner at the pump in an RV lane does not work and when you report it the clerks go oh well. There was one place that the clerk wanted to hold onto our cc and would not allow us to pump gas without hold the card. Those are few and far between and we move to another station. Usually, we prefer PFJ and the RV lanes when we can find them.