Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #687

Hey Lynsay just wanted to say thanks for the Pilot/Flying J RV card. Got mine and it was activated on our most recent trip to the upper midwest.
I received really great treatment at the new Pilot exit 283 I-57 they were so helpful and activated my card, (which I thought I had activated but hadn't) and got my discounts for me.
I love the RV lanes, I used to be an OTR trucker, owned my own truck and was leased to Landstar and loved it. Now retired. So I don't like to fuel in the Truck Lanes as I know those guys are working for a living and I'm just enjoying the ride
Again thanks and pass along the Kudo's to the people at Exit 283 I-57 in Illinois, sorry I forgot the lady's name who helped me.
Happy Trails
Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #688
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome Lynsay
Thanks for the explinations.
So many rules!

Old 05-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #689

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Had the opportunity to use my new P/FJ charge card twice on my way from TX to CA. Worked flawlessly both times. Auto start worked and I received .06 off the cash price.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #690

I joined the pilot/flying j program thru the "good sam club" and tied it to a major credit card and get a 6 cent a gallon discount.
You must be a good sam member to take advantage of this feature.
Once a month piloy/flying j debits my account for payment and sends me the statement via email
an extra benefit is that you just swipe your card - no need to go to the cashier
Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #691

If you become a lifetime "good sam" member i believe you get 8 cents a gallon discount
Old 06-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #692

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryart View Post
If you become a lifetime "good sam" member i believe you get 8 cents a gallon discount
Of course it might be beneficial to do the math first to see how long it would take to amortize the lifetime upgrade cost at .02 per gal.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #693

National RV Owners Club
How does this compare with various supermarket rewards cards? We get 10 to 15 cents off per gallon, for the first 35 gallons - for every $100 purchased store merchanside. In a superstore, that doesn't take long.

BTW - we are in central Oregon, on the coast and are amazed to see diesel cheaper than regular grade gas! As low as $3.79. Haven't seen that for years.

JoAnn
Old 06-24-2012, 02:19 AM   #694

PenFed (Pentagon Federal) Platinum Cash Rewards Card gives 5% for fuel purchased at the pump, with no annual limit. With fuel at $4.00, that’s 20 cents off per gallon. PenFed issues a credit on your monthly statement for the reward total earned that month. No gimmicks, no fees. If you're not military, it costs $20 (one time only) to join. You’re not likely to find a better deal.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #695

Tiffin Owners Club
PenFed actually has two rewards cards. The Plantinum Cash Rewards card is a cash back program, as previously posted, which is deducted from your monthly bill. It earns 5% on fuel purchases and .25% on everything else.

Then there is the Platinum Rewards card that earns rewards points at rate of 5 points on fuel purchases, 3 points on supermarket purchases and 1 point on everything else. Of course the 5 points on fuel is nice, but we also like the supermarket points. For example Walmart Supercenters qualify as supermarkets, and the card earns points on the total amount spent on anything in the store (except prescriptions) which may include things like electronics (TVs, etc), tires, batteries, toys, etc. Each point is equivlalent to .01 and can be redeemed for cash back in the form of a Visa debit card.

One nice feature is you can log into your rewards account anytime you want to and see your status and how many points you earned on each purchase.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #696

Monaco Owners Club
Just noticed this thread and while I;m not reading 50 pages of posts...

I have the Good Sam Pilot Flying J Rv plus card (whew)

and I am having real concerns in that I am NOT getting a receipt at the pump and the discounts are no where NEAR the 12 cents per gallon advertised... in fact, this last month there was not only limited discounts, but NONE !!! I was charged full price on all charges as I started tracking the cost and comparing...

How do you explain that as I will probably stop using the cards and just go to the other stations where it typically is 15 cents per gallon cheaper diesel....
Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #697

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Just noticed this thread and while I;m not reading 50 pages of posts...

I have the Good Sam Pilot Flying J Rv plus card (whew)

and I am having real concerns in that I am NOT getting a receipt at the pump and the discounts are no where NEAR the 12 cents per gallon advertised... in fact, this last month there was not only limited discounts, but NONE !!! I was charged full price on all charges as I started tracking the cost and comparing...

How do you explain that as I will probably stop using the cards and just go to the other stations where it typically is 15 cents per gallon cheaper diesel....
Assuming you're talking about diesel fuel, I haven't heard anything about a 12 cent per gallon discount. I believe the highest is .08 cents for Good Sam Lifetime members. I'm not a Lifetime member so I get .06 cents per gallon. The discounted price shows on the pump after you have swiped your card. The invoice you receive at the end of each month will only show the net transactions after the discount has been applied. It doesn't show the discount received as a separate item.
You can call PFJ with any questions on the RV Plus card at (855) 478-7587.

HTH
Old 07-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #698

Newmar Owners Club
Hi JohnBoyToo,
If you can find other stations selling fuel for 15 cents a gallon less than the PFJ cash price, go for it.

BobGed's post is an accurate summary for the Good Sam PFJ program. There is not and never has been 15 cents a gallon discount with the GS PFJ program. Go to Pilot RV Plus - Program Details for program details. As for getting a receipt, at some stations one needs to fuel, pull forward and go into the store for a receipt at the truck diesel pumps. At the RV and auto pumps a receipt will be printed at the pump. You'll need to read the display after fueling. It will ask if you want a receipt. Answer yes and the receipt will be printed at the RV and auto pumps.

In all situations, the receipt will contain the price you paid. The discount will not be printed separately. One can compare the price on the receipt to the cash price and determine if they received the proper discount.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #699

Monaco Owners Club
Yep - last week or so has seen a big drop in diesel prices ---
PFJ was $3.60 last time I filled up and yesterday I filled up for $3.33 at an Exxon in Burleson, Tx... (where Kelly Clarkson was from )
then got 10 cents more off for using they $3 car wash for the pickup !

Appreciate the instructions, and I do have a lil bit of experience filling up in my 40 yrs of driving in the south
but the 12 cents was what their advertising stuff said (when you take into account the difference between credit and cash, truck and auto pumps, etc....)

Their instructions indicated I should always use the diesel truck pumps to get the full discount... which I have and while the one-stop convenience of the def pump, diesel pump, and air hoses is great... NONE of them have given me the option to print out a receipt.... and the last statements discount was much less than 12 cents...

alas, just trying to point out that the advertising I GOT related to this program was not reality. YRMV
Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #700

Newmar Owners Club
Hi JohnBoyToo,
What does your 40 years of experience (mine is is 34 years) have to do with understanding the discount offered in this program? Who is "their" in the advertising mentioned in your post. I provided the link to the advertising that has been in place since the program began. Can you provide a link or other directions to the advertising you say refers to the 12 cents? PFJ has had several programs for the RV driver. All these programs have mentioned the discount off the cash price.

Could the advertising mentioned in your post be for the professional OTR driver. These drivers participate in a different program with different terms, conditions and benefits.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Closed Thread