Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #701

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry Gary - I read into your note a bit of agnst about how to get a receipt.... sorta know that just surprised they don't give receipts at the pump in this day and age

Nope, can't send you a link as all I have is my memory of the literature and advertising...

IIRC, part of it was the difference between the cash price and credit price of 4 cents, part was the good sam discount of 5 cents, etc... but I know the bottom line was up to 12 cents per gal diesel at the truck pumps... will look for any links I may have saved so I can prove it....

I was just trying to give folks a heads up of a surprise I've gotten in the statements I've rec'd from them where sometimes the discount was less or non existent at the stations I happened to stop at...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #702
DKO

Wink Having Problems

Lynsay,

I have been a Flying J user for years and have been fueling my RVs there almost exclusively since 2003 when I applied for and received my RV card (Not sure what it was called then) and have appreciated the discount, dump station, RV Islands and RV parking very much. Even as I changed to a bigger rig and have used the truck islands the last 4+ years I have continued to enjoy the Flying J experience

I stayed with Flying J though the change with Pilot and and now have the Frequent Fueler Advantage card. I purchase the required number of gallons in order for it to be used as a pump start card and it worked fine for quite a while. I have been using both Pilot and Flying J since then.

Four fill-ups ago the card reader read my card ask a few of the questions it normally asks and then sent me to the cashier. I went in and they issued a new card and said I would not have to go through the process of buying so many gallons again to use it as a pump start. It did not work either.

Yesterday I filled up for the forth time since then (Each fueling was a different location) and each time is does the same thing. I go inside and wait in line twice and invariably I do not receive either the discount or the cash price or both. They all tell me the card is reading fine for them but nobody can tell me why I have to go inside to get the pump started.

I love the discount. I love paying the cash price. But I love the pump start feature most of all. I am not getting that and most of the time I am not receiving the other benefits either.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much,

DKO

Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #703

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKO View Post
Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much,

DKO
Lynsay no longer monitors this forum. My suggestion would be to call Customer Service (877) 866-7378 and have them make sure your card is activated properly.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #704
DKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Lynsay no longer monitors this forum. My suggestion would be to call Customer Service (877) 866-7378 and have them make sure your card is activated properly.

Thanks for the heads up. When the cashier reads my card they say its fine and should work in the pump but I will call....

DKO
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #705

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DKO,
PFJ has several discount programs available to the RVer. Each has its' own terms and conditions. The current program is through Good Sam. It is called the RV Plus charge card. Go to Pilot Flying J and consider this program. One can not get this card from the store. One needs to apply for the card. For me, I switched to this program from the previous program.

The bottom line is the old or new program should work. BobGed provided the correct advice to call PFJ. I have found their customer service to be very timely and friendly.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 07-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #706

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I enjoy paying 20 to 30 cents more for Diesel at Flying J, than other stations, and getting 6 cents back.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #707

Chuck hit the nail on the head. Haven't been in one for over a year. Better places with no hassles.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #708

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Chuck hit the nail on the head. Haven't been in one for over a year. Better places with no hassles.
Would you be willing to share some of these better places? Keep in mind that many of us are looking for clean, water free fuel with access for 55' length and no need to back up.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #709

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-PHartley View Post
Would you be willing to share some of these better places? Keep in mind that many of us are looking for clean, water free fuel with access for 55' length and no need to back up.
No problem and glad to help.
I use an app called Gas Buddy that lists the stations that are in your vacinity and gives the fuel prices. Most of the independents will take credit cards at no extra charge thereby getting you an additional 3 to 5% back on your fuel purchases. That amounts to almost 40 cents a gallon under Flying J as well as most of the other truck stops.They also give the locations address and phone number so you can call ahead and ask if they are RV accessable.
My RV is 64 feet total and I have never had a problem. Good luck and I hope this helps in saving you money.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #710

Monaco Owners Club
I had to stop in one the other day after avoiding them the last month and since the LARGE sign out on I-20 said $3.65/gal --- that wasn't TOO bad from what others were charging...
but as I'm filling up at the pump I see $3.71/ gal !!!

and a SMALL print pre-printed sign that basically says
Pump prices will be $.06 more than sign prices... or something like that !!!

That was the final straw - the card will be cut up...
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #711

I have to say that I have yet to see PFJ be 20 cents a gallon more than others. Now, maybe if you want to chase down locations off the highways, I don't know. But in any given location PFJ is the same price as all the others or often 2 or 3 cents cheaper.

That's been the case up and down the Pacific coast and even as far east as Cheyenne, Wyoming for me in the past 3 months.

Steve
Old 07-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #712

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I have to say that I have yet to see PFJ be 20 cents a gallon more than others. Now, maybe if you want to chase down locations off the highways, I don't know. But in any given location PFJ is the same price as all the others or often 2 or 3 cents cheaper.

That's been the case up and down the Pacific coast and even as far east as Cheyenne, Wyoming for me in the past 3 months.

Steve
You are right. Flying J is not 20 cents more than any other Fuel stop on the Highway.
If you look at any of the Fuel price sites such as Gas Buddy or MSN Gas Prices you will see what we are talking about. I am not one to give up convience to save 20 cents which converts to $18 on a 90 gallon tank.
However when I'm on a trip and using 90 gallons every two days and can save 30 to 40 cents a gallon in a location not far from where I will be stopping for the night, I'm on it like a Duck on a June Bug.
On the other hand, if I use 90 gallons a month and there is a higher price fuel stop just down the street, that where I would go.
I hope that explains my logic.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #713

Newmar Owners Club
I'm curious. To all those posters, in this thread, that feel the need to post all the reasons and methods not to use PFJ, why don't you start your own thread? Ask the moderators to pin it as a sticky. This thread was begun and maintained for the sole purpose of helping members who have questions or difficulties with the PFJ frequent fueler programs offered to RVers. Simple as that, no more or less.

Reverse the situation. How would you like it if you authored a thread on a topic only to have it polluted with posts not about the reason the thread exists. One could say, Gary don't read it if you don't like it. Well, for this thread that excuse for off topic posts doesn't work. I volunteer to help with this thread just like the many other volunteers that help keep this site a value to members. Having to read and sort through the pollution post wastes time and energy I could be using to help members in other threads.

I am asking for courtesy. Keep this thread as it was intended. If you have the urge to post about anything other than the original reason for this thread to exist, please start your own thread.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #714

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
I'm curious. To all those posters, in this thread, that feel the need to post all the reasons and methods not to use PFJ, why don't you start your own thread? Ask the moderators to pin it as a sticky. This thread was begun and maintained for the sole purpose of helping members who have questions or difficulties with the PFJ frequent fueler programs offered to RVers. Simple as that, no more or less.

Reverse the situation. How would you like it if you authored a thread on a topic only to have it polluted with posts not about the reason the thread exists. One could say, Gary don't read it if you don't like it. Well, for this thread that excuse for off topic posts doesn't work. I volunteer to help with this thread just like the many other volunteers that help keep this site a value to members. Having to read and sort through the pollution post wastes time and energy I could be using to help members in other threads.

I am asking for courtesy. Keep this thread as it was intended. If you have the urge to post about anything other than the original reason for this thread to exist, please start your own thread.
Sorry, I thought this was about Flying J, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Closed Thread