Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #771

Newmar Owners Club
Hi wa8yxm,
Your post #768 is incorrect. Go to post #1. Also read post #765 for the correct information.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #772

Solo Rvers Club
Wow, I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I have three Pilot / Flying J cards and have always found the program discounts confusing. I've been meaning to call PFJ . I believe my card that acts as a credit card has been suspended. If I remember correctly, I have to physically mail them one of my checks before I'm allowed to set up auto pay. As stated, details have changed; its hard to know what applies at a given time. Maybe I'll get lucky and find PFJ has finally standardized everything.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #773

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
For me the pump start feature and no set limit make it more than worth while to use Flying J. Love being able to pump 80 or 90 gallons without having to restart the pump. $0.06 off cash price is just icing on the cake.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #774

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What a nice surprise I got today. I actually got a call from Flying J asking if I had any questions about their Good Sam program and what she could do to help. I was shocked !
She answered all of my questions and was very clear as to how the program worked.
I also told her about irv2 and told her she might want to look around for Flying J questions. It seems as though they are taking some interest.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #775

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I really don't use PFJ as I've had a couple of bad moments with them. I had to leave my card in one to hold the pump open and then they couldn't find it after I had waited in line for ten minutes. At another,I was told that I only got the discount for cash and had to get it from an ATM and then wait ten minutes to give it to them and then another ten or fifteen minutes when I came back after pumping and was told that the discount would come off of my invoice as it wasn't reflected at the pump. After getting fuel and having to get out of the way,I pulled out and found the next station towards the freeway was .10 cheaper than the DISCOUNT and when the DW was entering the invoice and doing the mpg,she discovered that we had paid full price anyway. Called PFJ after we got into our site that night and was basically blown off. No more ever PFJ for me. I either use Gas Buddy or Pacific Pride. With Pacific Pride, you have to pay in full every month, you don't have a pump price to go by,but I have ALWAYS found them to be anywhere from .10 to .45 less than the going local rate. You also usually don't have to wait for some guy to have to go back and forth while parked at the RV pumps and they're usually clean and have a fairly good amount of room.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #776

Newmar Owners Club
My goodness, 10 to 45 cents lower at nearby stations. It is truly a miracle PFJ remains in business.

This thread was created to aid members who have difficulty with or questions about the PFJ discount programs for RVers. It is stated in post #1 and thought the thread. Those wanting to pollute this thread with posts about any other PFJ scenarios should be courteous enough to start their own thread. I have suggested this quite a few times, but it seems those that complain are not up to the task of starting their own thread.

If the total PFJ experience does not provide value to you, that is fine. Please go to establishments that provide the value you seek. It remains unclear to me why members continue to post outside the purpose of this thread.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #777

Monaco Owners Club
with all due respect -
this is a free forum and since PFJ is no longer responded to this thread,
why should you care what's in it - really

While I too will use PFJ periodically, it's not because of the card and it's discounts as they have proven to be problematic or 'invisible'

but what they are posting is what I too have found.. they pfj must give big discounts to truck companies for them to keep going back...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #778
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post

This thread was created to aid members who have difficulty with or questions about the PFJ discount programs for RVers. It is stated in post #1 and thought the thread. Those wanting to pollute this thread with posts about any other PFJ scenarios should be courteous enough to start their own thread. I have suggested this quite a few times, but it seems those that complain are not up to the task of starting their own thread.
Valid point pertaining to remaining on topic which has to now been ignored on a continuing basis. The suggestion made by Gary has been taken up this evening for those who are so inclined at this link
Flying J fuel stations
See My RV Upgrades
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #779

Newmar Owners Club
Hi JohnBoyToo,
While the title of the thread may be confusing, rest assured I am the OP of the thread. A PFJ representative briefly did respond to posts. Since the beginning, I have monitored the thread to provide information and guidance with regard to the PFJ RV rewards programs. Please take the time to read post #1. As in all threads, post #1 sets the reason the thread exists. From the beginning post #1 has stated the reason for the thread followed by an overview of the current evolution of the PFJ RV rewards programs.

For many RVers, PFJ represents value. For many RVers PFJ does not represent value. To each his own. This thread is for those who see value in patronizing PFJ. For everyone else, please have the courtesy to start you own thread or post in the thread mentioned by JohnRR.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #780

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Lynsay

no harm, no foul -
just not really fond of people insisting what should be posted... and thought you were doing that ...

guess going back 200 pages was not in my time slot earlier
and have seen MANY a thread veer off the original intent...

but this one just offered both sides of the spectrum so I thought it was ok...
but will bow out ...have fun !
Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #781

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well here we are getting ready to go on trip and once again Pilot/FJ has priced themselves out of the market.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #782

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Chuck 1935,
The single purpose of this thread is to help members with the PFJ rewards programs. This is stated in post #1 and throughout the thread. For members wanting to complain, whine or cry about anything else concerning PFJ please feel free to start your own thread.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #783

Fleetwood Owners Club
My Pilot Flying J RV card used to have pump start capability so I could pump and then pay cash inside. One day it stopped working? Why?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #784

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan24601 View Post
My Pilot Flying J RV card used to have pump start capability so I could pump and then pay cash inside. One day it stopped working? Why?
Try calling PFJ at 877-866-7378. They can probably tell you why and/or getting working again for you.

Closed Thread