Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post

This is what I am talking about. What a stupid business plan! You aren't even told how much you can put on your credit card?? You need to go into the office to get the receipt?? Why? You take your car into a gas station, use a credit card and get a receipt at the pump. Why can't you do the same thing with a motorhome? P/FJ doesn't have a clue!
I will have to look at the pumps the next time we refuel. Do they have a receipt printing capability at all PFJ truck stops? This may be the issue, because some are not yet upgraded to the receipt printing pumps. Possibly after all pumps at all PFJs are updated, then there is a chance that PFJ will spin out another program for RVers to use cards for the total transaction. Then maybe PFJ really would like customers to enter the gift and food shop to coax out more retail sales.

At any rate, I sure would love to be able to swipe my cards, pump fuel, get receipt at the pump and motor off. No need to move forward, go into the shack, stand in line, etc.

If you are parked next to a loaded livestock truck, getting out of there fast gains high priority.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #842

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
This is what I am talking about. What a stupid business plan! You aren't even told how much you can put on your credit card?? You need to go into the office to get the receipt?? Why? You take your car into a gas station, use a credit card and get a receipt at the pump. Why can't you do the same thing with a motorhome? P/FJ doesn't have a clue!
Doug, I couldn't agree with you more.
With 56,000 hits and 800 plus post trying to figure out how to buy your product, you might have a marketing problem !!! If you are able to break their code to buy fuel, you will find that with all the discounts, they are still overpriced. It's no wonder why the FBI raided their headquarters !!! (cheap shot, I know )
However,
I am sure that because of the convience of their stations it is well worth it for many to fuel up there.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #843

Maybe we should start a new thread where we contribute our personal favorites of the independent diesel fuel stations and/or truck stops. I always look for good ones then patronize them on return trips through the area. Most are not as conveniently close to the interstates, but the inconvenience of the little detour pays.

My criteria for a good fuel stop: easy in and out for a big rig pulling a towed car, large nozzle pumps, accepts my credit card, decent pavement (no monster mud holes)

We have found some with the above values plus most have a relaxed feeling. Meaning no rush-rush hassle and angst that is frequently encountered at the major truck stops. Sometimes we turn on the CB to listen to truckers when we see a truck stop all lined up with rigs waiting in line clear out to the interstate ramp. We figured that either there is a great price on fuel, or it is the only truck stop around that are that is not out of fuel. [moderator edit]I told her I think it means we don't want to stop there.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #844

I think I may try them again since they give the cash price plus the discount to us. The cashier at the one I tried didn't know anything about it and didn't ask anyone for help. Incompetent help turns me off.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #845

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
I think I may try them again since they give the cash price plus the discount to us. The cashier at the one I tried didn't know anything about it and didn't ask anyone for help. Incompetent help turns me off.
Oh no, please don't do that! The more people that can't figure the system out means that many fewer RVs in front of me at the pumps.

I'm just kidding of course.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #846

Quote:
The reasons are, I suspect, while they want to keep the limit as high as possible, the truth is that swipe-only credit card fueling is one of the highest elements of fraud known. Someone steals your wallet, therefore knows your zip code, and pumps fuel and then dumps the wallet.

That fraud issue is why at typical gas stations if you use the same card to fill twice (for example, if they have a $75 limit per fueling) you'll typically find your card is locked by your bank when you try that second attempt.

Steve
Old 06-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #847

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wonder who's cheating who ?
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #848

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
The reasons are, I suspect, while they want to keep the limit as high as possible, the truth is that swipe-only credit card fueling is one of the highest elements of fraud known. Someone steals your wallet, therefore knows your zip code, and pumps fuel and then dumps the wallet.

That fraud issue is why at typical gas stations if you use the same card to fill twice (for example, if they have a $75 limit per fueling) you'll typically find your card is locked by your bank when you try that second attempt.

Steve
We have made three trips out west. We had to swipe at least two times and sometimes three. My card was never refused for multi swipes.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #849

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
We have made three trips out west. We had to swipe at least two times and sometimes three. My card was never refused for multi swipes.
Did it 3 times (swipe my card - that is) this past weekend - My bank was fine with it too.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #850

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a coach that uses GAS Pilot has no RV pumps that a 62 ft outfit can get into easily.
I love Flying J and there RV gas and diesel lanes, granted some people are careless and spill fuel, its hard to not get feet into it and drag it inside coach.
Just got back from a trip and made sure i told each manager if they had a good set up or not, one pilot manager could'nt figure how i got into pumps he stopped traffic so i could get out
Old 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #851

Ford Super Duty Owner
I caught a post today on another forum indicating that the Flying J is under investigation for shorting their rebates.

The article is in the WallStreet Journal, unfortunately, a subscription is required to view:

Haslam's Pilot Flying J Shaken by FBI Fraud Investigation - WSJ.com

There is an open article on it, indicating that it was related to fleet discounts... Anyone know if this is part of the typical program that we are offered?

Pilot Flying J sales employees participated in culture of 'fraud-acceptance' in Jimmy Haslam's company, feds say | cleveland.com

Edit: Appears to be limited to trucking companies... .
Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #852

Newmar Owners Club
cb1000rider,
This is old news. The investigations have nothing to do with the RV programs.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #853

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
I caught a post today on another forum indicating that the Flying J is under investigation for shorting their rebates.

The article is in the WallStreet Journal, unfortunately, a subscription is required to view:

Haslam's Pilot Flying J Shaken by FBI Fraud Investigation - WSJ.com

There is an open article on it, indicating that it was related to fleet discounts... Anyone know if this is part of the typical program that we are offered?

Pilot Flying J sales employees participated in culture of 'fraud-acceptance' in Jimmy Haslam's company, feds say | cleveland.com

Edit: Appears to be limited to trucking companies... .
I would assume, without reading the article this has to do with the fleet plans Flying J has with the major trucking companies.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #854

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
cb1000rider,
This is old news. The investigations have nothing to do with the RV programs.

That's good news.. thanks for the clarification!