Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #855

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
That's good news.. thanks for the clarification!
Not so fast cb1000rider. Check out this today !!
Jimmy Haslamís company Pilot Flying J is reportedly $4 billion in debt.
I guess paying too much at the pump isn't helping !

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #856
laj

just right!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #857

Newmar Owners Club
For those without a degree in accounting, read Is Pilot Flying J in trouble with their $4 billion debt? | WaitingForNextYear for a bit of different perspective.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 07-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #858

I might point out that when you borrow money from one business and put it into another business, that doesn't mean you owe more money because you also have the assets of the new company. If I take money out of my savings account and buy a new car, my accountant might say my net worth is lower as my bank account is lower. but I also have the counteracting value of the car. I just hope that this does not slow down their building of the natural gas fueling stations. I have read that several other companies are doing this also.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #859

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
For those without a degree in accounting, read Is Pilot Flying J in trouble with their $4 billion debt? | WaitingForNextYear for a bit of different perspective.
Customer lawsuits against Pilot Flying J up to 18

Sadly I don't have a degree in accounting, and I know that this is all about about rebates but it looks like there could have been a tad more "hands on".
Doesn't bode well for Jimmy !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #860

GaryKD perhaps it's time to find out why Lindsey from Flying J has never returned since this thread began and she introduced herself. I probably missed a previous question about this, but I"m not going to peruse all 62 pages to see.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Old 07-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #861
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ray,
I'm going to guess it was because of a lot of hostilities from some of the posters. I can't blame her. There was a lot of negativism from the posts.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #862

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Ray,
I'm going to guess it was because of a lot of hostilities from some of the posters. I can't blame her. There was a lot of negativism from the posts.
Would be my guess as well from reading most of the posts
Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #863

That is probably right Wayne. Perhaps I misinterpreted her goals, or she was replaced and the replacement doesn't know about her irv2.com thread. There should be a business lesson for Pilot/Flying J in here though . I still think they are the best fuel stop for our travels. The only time I've had frustrations is with franchised operations, company-owned stores seem to be better managed.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Old 08-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #864

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Ray,IN,
I am not allowed, by iRV2 community rules, to post an answer to your question. I will send you a PM.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 08-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #865

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I just finished up a 5300+ mile trip out west, and I used PFJ twice, once in IN and the last in WY. Both experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. It just re-affirmed that PFJ is the worst place to buy fuel. I paid more per gallon and had more hassle then it was worth. The managers didn't even know the rules for their own program... This was the first time in 3 years that I have given FJ another chance, and it will be my LAST.

I here by put PFJ in the same category as Love's and I will no longer spend my dollars in their stores....
Old 08-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #866

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here on the East coast I haven't had any problems. Price, convenience and decent food make stops pleasant. For the most part I use I-95 South Carolina stops, I-81 Virginia stops and I-80 Brookville Pa. - all several times a year.
Note, I am a gasser, but use the RV lane (mostly).
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #867

Just came home from a 5k mile trip north to Mass. and back down to Fl., enjoyed the use of the rv islands at all the Flying J...plus with the auto discount when you use the Rewards card. Propane fill up is very user friendly.....along with the 10 cent per gal discount . We are slated to start our 10K trip very shortly....looking forward to the Flying J and Pilot stations along our travels.
Every one of the Flying J Rv island we stopped at, had fresh windshield wash buckets along with the long handles....that is why I hate to stop at regular stations that do not provide for rv'ers the long poles for washing my windshield. Hate to have to go into the compartment to get my extended pole to wash with.
Flying J as far as I am concerned, you are making changes.......keep up the progress...love your coffee too!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #868

Add me to the list of fairly happy Pilot/Flying J customers. I use the RV card and get 8 cent off the cash price. I use the truck pumps generally and I overnight sometimes. Pilot Flying J is the only truck stop with national coverage that has made any kind of overture to the RV market. The trucker market is their bread and butter and we should understand that.

If you are unhappy with Pilot Flying J then you should go do business with one of the others. They will be only too happy to treat you with total indifference.

Closed Thread