Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #883

Winnebago Owners Club
pump shut off

yesterday at the FJ on I-71 just north of columnbus, ohio, I put my charge card in then my loyalty card and it ask for my zip code, but the key pad would not respond so I went inside and prepaid for $150. the pump shut off at $149.56. I ask why and the clerk said not to worry my card would only be charged the amount that I pumped. I said OK, but why did the pump shut off? her response was your tank was full. I told her I did not think so and she said it must have been full or the pump would let me have the full amount. I was filling it on slow while I washing the windsheild. do the pumps have a time limit on them?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #884

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe someone addressed this before. With a PenFed Credit Card I get 5% off my fuel bill. Can I use this at the Flying J pump? I was told that if I use this credit card inside I won't get my 5% off my fuel bill when I get my statement. I also have a lifetime membership with GS Club and have that FJC good for .08 off per gallon. Of course I prefer 5% off with the PenFed Credit Card. deSanford

Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #885

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mike ...if you creep the last $3 or so in it will normally go to the limit. At faster speeds it most often stops early
Old 10-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #886

Monaco Owners Club
Looking at some past posts up near the front of this thread I noticed that some FJs allow you to start pumping at the pumps. Now I just need to find out which FJs have that feature so I can get my 5% off. deSanford
Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #887

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
Mike ...if you creep the last $3 or so in it will normally go to the limit. At faster speeds it most often stops early
No, the pump actually shut off. I was watching it and it did slow down, but then it just shut itself off.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #888

Okay, my 2c worth.

Went from PA to CO and into AZ this Fall and got diesel 8 to 10 cents cheaper than FJ/Pilot or T/A at name-brand stations within one block. That and my credit card kickback.

Kinda blows up the discounting.

Did the same thing last fall via a more southern route to PA. Gas Buddy was my guide.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 10-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #889

It's great to save on fuel, but I have to consider other factors.
1. I'm 45' with a Hummer H2 in tow.
2. I usually need 100+ gallons and I don't want to spend 1/2 hour pumping.
3. Convenience and ease of access to pump.

Most local stations I cannot get into so I no longer bother. I have traveled the US and Canada extensively and had only a few minor inconveniences at PFJ's, therefore, I only use them. Most other truck stops are not only dirty from fuel spills, but the pumps themselves I don't want to touch without disposable gloves. I have also watched truckers use the windshield squeegees to clean of fuel spills from their rigs.

I don't think I have used non PFJ's more than a half dozen times.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #890

A lot of 40-45 footers with toads and 5-ers are usually near me at the pumps. Must be a trick to it.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #891

I'll have to find out their secret. I get $0.06 cheaper then PFJ cash price with no hassle. I use the truck lanes. To search for another 4 cent discount is not really worth the trouble.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker View Post
I'll have to find out their secret. I get $0.06 cheaper then PFJ cash price with no hassle. I use the truck lanes. To search for another 4 cent discount is not really worth the trouble.
GasBuddy

Old 10-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #893

Newmar Owners Club
Hi deSanford,
By now all PFJ's allow one to pump from the pump, using a CC. One needs to activate the "pump start" feature using the My Rewards RV Card. The procedures are different for the RV and Truck Pumps.
1. Call the PFJ RV help desk and ask your question. 877-866-7378
or
2. Go to the PFJ RV home page at Pilot Flying J Scroll down the page for MyRewards and click on the link. The program should be explained via the link.
or
3. email PFJ at rv@pilotflyingj.com
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #894

Monaco Owners Club
RV Rewards Card going away ?

Did anyone else hear PFJ was discontinuing the RV Rewards card? Don't know if it's rumor or not. Also, since they have three different cards maybe they are simply doing away with all but one. Lindsay? What do YOU say?....thanks...Dennis

Follow up: The message I received says Pilot/Flying J will be doing away with the RV Loyalty and RV Rewards cards. The RV Plus cards will still be available. PFJ has teamed up with Good Sam to offer a "Swipe and Save" card which will be identical to the RV Loyalty/Rewards cards but you must be a member of Good Sam to get that card...just looking for verification. Thx
Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #895

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I have problems every time I try to use my P/FJ credit card. It took 4 trips inside to get it working last time and then I don't think I got the discount. I have to make a special effort to find a station where I can use my Flying J credit card and then it is so much hassle trying to use it that it is not worth it.
The store in Brookshire, TX does not have an RV pump and I had to circle around twice to get in a lane I could fit into (35 ft. gas MH with gas fill in the rear).
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #896

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
I have problems every time I try to use my P/FJ credit card. It took 4 trips inside to get it working last time and then I don't think I got the discount. I have to make a special effort to find a station where I can use my Flying J credit card and then it is so much hassle trying to use it that it is not worth it.
The store in Brookshire, TX does not have an RV pump and I had to circle around twice to get in a lane I could fit into (35 ft. gas MH with gas fill in the rear).
If you plan on using PFJ stations then you might want to download the RV Travel Guide http://www.pilotflyingj.com/assets/t.../RVTG_2013.pdf

This will show the stations that have RV fueling pumps for both gas and diesel. It does show Brookshire, TX, #740 as having RV pumps, which in most cases should be located in front of the station off to one side or the other.

Closed Thread