Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #85
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Thanx PAZ.....

How do I sign up. Or do you think I should wait till they (Pilot & FJ) decide if with the merger they will offer a different RV type discount card....?
I think you have to stop at FJ. The old FJ card is good at both FJ and Pilot, so no need to wait. As someone said in a previous post (I think Lynsay), tell them you want the RV card, not the Frequent Fueler - Professional Driver card. The Pro Driver card is for truckers and earns points for showers and store discounts.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #86
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Think we scared her off?
I hope not. Unlike the rest of us who hang around the forum for fun, Lynsay is probably only doing this during her working hours. She said she was going to sign up with other forums as well, and considering this thread was up to 6 pages in less than 24 hours, Lynsay probably has more than she can handle right now.

I've got to give Pilot Flying J credit - it looks like they are really interested in business from RVers. They seem to be trying to address questions and problems and smooth over hard feelings and confusion created by the merger. I bet they had no idea it could be a full-time job for someone.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Linsay,
At the J this morning in Gretna, NE I tried to use the Orange card to activate the pump in the truck lanes. It would not start the pump. Manager stated you must purchase 500 gallons to activate pump start. Even looking on the web site it has a red X in the pump start box. So do we need 500 gallons on the card, or is this another glitch? Thanks for being here and trying to shed some light on this fiasco.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #88

April 14, 2011 at the Pilot truck stop in Cheyenne, WY, I approached the cashier and gave her my Flying J Frequent Fueler card and credit card to be able to pump fuel on the truck lanes as I have a converted Class 8 tractor pulling a 40' fifth wheel.

Although the lady clerk was wearing a Flying J shirt, she told me in no uncertain terms that the Flying J frequent fueler card was no good at Pilot. I asked her if she was not wearing a FJ shirt and she became flustered and acted like I insulted her.

Perhaps a general information class for all employees may be in order to inform them all of the changes that have been made.

Eherenberg, AZ was another experience with an employee who didn't know what was going on with the RV cards. He spoke with some authority that the card was only good on the RV islands.

We have used Flying J pretty much exclusively for the last 10 years and will continue to do so. Just hope management starts talking to the employees.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #89

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you Lynsay,
looks like you got quite a response
thanks for sticking it out and answering hard questions

i will give flying j another shot at our business,
amarillo store was pretty rough on rv's.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
Doubt she was intimidated She seems to be pretty sharp. My guess is she has the long Easter weekend off.
Yep. She's probably out shopping for a lead-lined suit and flack jacket at the moment.

I give her and her company credit for trying, but they'll only get my business back when I hear evidence of real improvements. Looks to me like they have a long way to go.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
Old 04-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Its Good Friday and most businesses are closed today. I'm sure Lynsay will be back bright and early Monday morning to address most of our questions.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #92

i give her a 100 she is trying i canot belive our luck
Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #93

Isn't is much about making it "easy to do business with" as it is cheaper price.

I think all we are asking for from Flying J or anyone else is the ability to pull into a station with adequate room, pull up to the pump, put our payment card in, and pump until we are full and do this at a competitive price. Print the receipt and away you go.

I use the Penn Fed card and get the 5% on pump purchased. That equated to $0.22 a a gallon at $4.50 diesel. Have found a couple of stations that now go to $300 instead of $75 before stopping.

I think in today's marketplace, it is as much making it easy for the customer to do business as it is saving 2 or 3 or 10 cents a gallon.

I do give Flying J credit for having this wonderful young lady take all the shots. When they get to "this summer" when they will take the cc at the truck pump, I will consider them.

Rick
Old 04-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #94

Thor Owners Club
[QUOTE=pvrick;837739] I use the Penn Fed card and get the 5% on pump purchased. That equated to $0.22 a a gallon at $4.50 diesel. Have found a couple of stations that now go to $300 instead of $75 before stopping.

How do I get that card...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post

How do I get that card...D
You have to join PenFed CU - and anyone can join.

Go to their eligibility page: https://netmember3.penfed.org/NetMember/Forms/OpenAccounts/Eligibility.aspx

If you don't otherwise qualify, click the "none of the above" box and you can get eligibility by paying a one time $15 or $20 to join one of the two organizations listed. Once you join the CU you can apply for the Visa card that gives you a 5% disount on all pay-at-the-pump transactions (won't work if you pay at the desk) and 1% on all other purchases. No hoops to jump through to get the discount, it's credited to your account monthly - and no limit on the amount of discount you can get.

I've had the card for several years and it's saved us hundreds of dollars per year.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #96

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
You have to join PenFed CU - and anyone can join.

Go to their eligibility page: https://netmember3.penfed.org/NetMember/Forms/OpenAccounts/Eligibility.aspx

If you don't otherwise qualify, click the "none of the above" box and you can get eligibility by paying a one time $15 or $20 to join one of the two organizations listed. Once you join the CU you can apply for the Visa card that gives you a 5% disount on all pay-at-the-pump transactions (won't work if you pay at the desk) and 1% on all other purchases. No hoops to jump through to get the discount, it's credited to your account monthly - and no limit on the amount of discount you can get.

I've had the card for several years and it's saved us hundreds of dollars per year.
(won't work if you pay at the desk) Best reason to avoid FJ truck pumps until they really get things fixed.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wink

Welcome Lynsay,

Since they are a few RV owners that think their Looong vehicle can't maneuver in and out of the RV Islands.

And I personally have seen many 40' plus RV's with a toad have no problem getting in and out of the RV Island at many different Flying J's.

That maybe for those RV's owners you could have a Professional driver available to show them how to drive their RV in and out for a couple times. And then they may get the hang of the RV Islands. Like many other long RV's have already.

That way they could get their CC 5% discount plus the cash & gal. Flying J discount. And at the same time avoid the messy fuel spills at the truck pumps.

But thinking about that. It may put some liability on Flying J/Pilot doing that. Maybe those drivers could just go to a RV drivers school.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #98

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Triker56,

Many times the problem with the rv islands is the rver's. I was stuck a few times behind some rver's that apparently think that it's ok to stay at the pumps as long as they want. I have no idea what they were doing in the store for 15 or 20 minutes before they pumped their fuel, but it sure was aggravating. One such individual went back into the store for another 8-10 minutes after pumping. Yes I was stuck there for 35 minutes before I got my chance to fuel. That cured me from using the rv pumps.

Closed Thread