Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #99

Monaco Owners Club
Obviously Triker 56 is not driving a 41' coach with toad. Under IDEAL situations you could use the RV lane if nobody parks in front of you to enter the restaurant or store, or nobody pulls to far forward in the lane next to you. Sorry, but the RV lanes are not suited to big rigs.
I take offense to your comments, and don't need you to tell me how to drive our coach.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #100

Monaco Owners Club
Snide answers don't become you Triker56.... I have a CDL and over a million accident free miles, a lot of that comes from being on the pro side instead of getting trapped in the RV lane with propane fills, dumpers, and the dude that pulls in backwards. Oh by the way do you know how long it takes to pump 120 gallons from that little hose? No thanks!

This is a real simple thread...the lady asked what she could do. When it was FJ it worked, now it doesn't...but sounds like better. When they get it fixed I'll be back. I have not been in a J since this started and the Manager at the Dothan, AL store was nasty about "hey they treat us the same way".

Have a better day. And thanks to Gary for staying on this issue.!

Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #101

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Triker 56,

That's O.K. You just keep using the RV Lanes. Somebody has to so the truck lanes will be clear enough to use.

Once you've managed to get your rig into the waiting line, and you've waited the half hour it takes to actually get into the RV lane, when you get in that lane, and the guy ahead of you takes 45 minutes to put in his tank of fuel, and then you wait another 15 minutes for him to fire up and move out, then just as you are getting ready to move out a pickup truck zooms up in front of you and parks there for over half an hour while the driver of that vehicle goes inside to have a coffee with his local buddies, you tell me how 'TAKING SOME DRIVER TRAINING IS GOING TO GET YOUR RIG OUT OF THAT RV LANE!!!!!!!!!'

The last time I was in an RV lane at a Flying J, it took me 2 hours to put fuel in my tank and get back on the road. It ruined our travel plans for that day. I've never been in an RV lane since.

We can pull into the truck lanes, use the faster fuel pumps, and be back on the road within 15 minutes. Every time.
Canada, eh?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #102

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post

WELCOME Lynsay

You are a "Brave Woman" to step right in here! This is a tough crowd.

Did you come here as part of a "corporate" inititative to improve customer satisfaction? or are you here because you just love us?

Either way, it says much for PFJ that one of "theirs" is here and listening to their customers. And we are good customers..every time one of us comes into your store you get at least a $250 sale!

Frankly, considering the cost of operating a motorhome, I buy fuel where it is cheapest and most convenient, sometimes that is a PFJ, most often times not. Remember that $0.10 per gallon means $10 each fill up for most of us, and as I have seen PFJ is "typically" $0.10-0.15 higher than the other retailers.
Actually Mike, I suggested to Lynsay she join this forum last week. I had been following her posts on the FMCA board and suggested to her she would have a much largest audience over here...I didn't realize we might be so harsh.

I just hope when she comes back in Monday and starts reading she will not become discouraged with all our back and forth banter of which some of it she has absolutely no control over. In my opinion she is trying to help.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #103

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club

Moderators...PLEASE!

Lynsay came here to assist with pfj issues and the thread is getting hijacked with all sorts of rants and diatribes...

Those rants and diatribes should be moved to another thread so that Lynsay can see and address the issues she came here for, not get lost in our rants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
...I didn't realize we might be so harsh.

I just hope when she comes back in Monday and starts reading she will not become discouraged with all our back and forth banter of which some of it she has absolutely no control over. In my opinion she is trying to help.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #104

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
my FJ card is a "RV Real Value Member" and it's burgundy in color
Mine was issued thru FMCA and is black. I was able to register following the link Lynsay had in post #1.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #105

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Moderators...PLEASE!

Lynsay came here to assist with pfj issues and the thread is getting hijacked with all sorts of rants and diatribes...

Those rants and diatribes should be moved to another thread so that Lynsay can see and address the issues she came here for, not get lost in our rants.

I agree!

To make it easier on her (and us) it would be nice if there were only 1 thread for questions and answers. Any others should be closed and redirected.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #106

Newmar Owners Club
I feel the same way. When I started a thread trying to keep members updated on PFJ's progress to get where we are now, it was contaminated by whiners, cry babies and anti PFJ posts. While this might be expected in other forums, I was disappointed in iRV2 members.

Maybe a thread titled "PFJ Whining, Crying and Tirades" could be started?

Lynsay could read the thread and pass on to management the topics she deems appropriate. This thread would be saved for members wanting help in understanding and getting what PFJ has to offer to work for them.

This thread is one of the few times I'd like to be a moderator. I'd clean it up really fast.

This thread is starting to become an embarrassment. A company will spend $s to have a representative try to help us understand what PFJ has to offer. Consider that before posting to this thread.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
I feel the same way. When I started a thread trying to keep members updated on PFJ's progress to get where we are now, it was contaminated by whiners, cry babies and anti PFJ posts. While this might be expected in other forums, I was disappointed in iRV2 members.

Maybe a thread titled "PFJ Whining, Crying and Tirades" could be started?

Lynsay could read the thread and pass on to management the topics she deems appropriate. This thread would be saved for members wanting help in understanding and getting what PFJ has to offer to work for them.

This thread is one of the few times I'd like to be a moderator. I'd clean it up really fast.

This thread is starting to become an embarrassment. A company will spend $s to have a representative try to help us understand what PFJ has to offer. Consider that before posting to this thread.
Amen!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #108

Quote:

Moderators...PLEASE!

Mike,
The rants and diatribes ARE ABOUT THE ISSUES.
Lynsay came here to find out what our problems and complaints are about Pilot/FJ.
She's getten an ear full, isn't she.

While I'm here...
Lynsay, (of PFJ...)
Is PFJ doing anything to try to win back the customers they lost in the combining of the two companies?

After being a FJ customer for a couple of decades (never did care for Pilot) I quit buying at FJ also because of the poor customer relations there too. Like another board member, I find the stations dirty, the employees rude and uncaring, but what get's my goat the most is the fact you can't trust them to post the correct fuel costs. I see one price posted and am charged as much as $.20 more per gallon.
I was also told once that I couldn't buy LP there because it was the weekend and they were 'too busy' to sell LP on the weekends.

After giving FJ about a year to get the merger problems straightened out, I came to the realization that instead of gaining a larger 'family of stations', what really happened is the FJ's were drug down to the poor service that Pilot stations were giving.

One more thing... Fj once had the best fuel AND prices of any station around. The present fuel prices in general aside, FJ now is nearly always $.15-$.20 higher than the local competition. Is this the new managements way of making up the lost profits from the lose of customers due to the poor service?

It will be a 'cold day' before I'll use PFJ again.

Rant over...
michigancamper.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #109

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
It might be time for management to lock this one down and start a sticky for Lynsay to address card and fueling issues only. That way moderators could key a close eye on it and confine the posts to the positive info that many of us want.

I'm sure Lynsay does not set policy or procedures at PFJ. She is in a position to try and answer basic questions on how things are supposed to work. We all know the difference between how things are supposed to work and how they actually work. Given time, it looks like PFJ will make it all work good in a few months.

After that, you can vote with your wallet if you want to be a customer or not.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #110

Monaco Owners Club
Am I missing something about starting the pump without going in first?

I use the diesel truck lanes and not only has it been a problem at PFJ but I find the same problem with TA, Love's and Petro. Do they have a procedure I'm not aware of?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #111

Arrow

Is this the new WALMART thread
Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoon View Post
It might be time for management to lock this one down and start a sticky for Lynsay to address card and fueling issues only. That way moderators could key a close eye on it and confine the posts to the positive info that many of us want.

I'm sure Lynsay does not set policy or procedures at PFJ. She is in a position to try and answer basic questions on how things are supposed to work. We all know the difference between how things are supposed to work and how they actually work. Given time, it looks like PFJ will make it all work good in a few months.

After that, you can vote with your wallet if you want to be a customer or not.
Brigadoon,
Not ALL of life is 'positive'. Sometimes corporations 'screw up' and need to be told so.
You think the President is listening in on our conversations? No! But Lynsey is. It's just possible that she has the ear of some one higher up that CAN make the changes that are needed to keep/bring back customers.
I think a lot of company presidents are 'outta touch' with their customers and and haven't a clue as to why business would be dropping off.
PFJ has a lot of customers and former customers that are just plain PO'd at them.
Ever see the TV program Undercover boss? Most of them haven a clue what is happening at the customer level.

I think the rants here with Lynsey listening in can be a GOOD thing for PFJ.
michigancamper