Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #113
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Time View Post
Obviously Triker 56 is not driving a 41' coach with toad. Under IDEAL situations you could use the RV lane if nobody parks in front of you to enter the restaurant or store, or nobody pulls to far forward in the lane next to you. Sorry, but the RV lanes are not suited to big rigs.
I take offense to your comments, and don't need you to tell me how to drive our coach.
I agree. With our 34' gasser and toad, little problem. With our 43' and toad, not so much. Unless I can pull straight out, it's not worth the hassle or risk of getting 'trapped'.

Once the promised software updates are made, so I can pay at the truck island and get the discount, I'll start seeking out Pilot / Flying J again.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #114

FYI, I took on diesel yesterday at the former FJ in Corning, CA. The cost for diesel was less than the other two major vendors at/near the same exit. I used the RV lane without being blocked in or other problems some posters seem to have.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #115

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Good luck Lynsay, you have your work cut out for you. I, however, will not bother you...I refuse to use ANY of the big truck stops (FJ, Loves, Pilot, etc). IMHO, they are dirty, crowded, noisy, a hassle, discourteous employees/drivers, and, in general, not worth the trouble.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #116

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

The major reason I use Flying J is for fresh Diesel. So far since 1995 or about 16 years have never had a fuel problem. Usually take on about 110-120 Gallons so the $3.00 to 3.20 is appreciated, the propane discount is handy, and have never used the dump station.
The Flying J in Ripon Ca has improved the entrance by making the entrance turn area wider and I have never experienced a problem exiting although the store parking is forard of the exit turn. The propane dispensing area can be a problem as it is in the same inside lane as the pumps and An RV'er who does not pull forward can block both lanes.
Lindsay The Flying J/Barneys Truck Stop in Yuma Az. has coverted 1 of it's truck lanes to RV only. Although this may not work across all PFJ stations designating 1 lane for RV and Truck could be an alternative. It would be nice to have an RV only so that with a Frequent Fueler card one could pull in fill up, get the discount, get a receipt and be on the way without having to interact with employees who have to deal with sometimes grumpy OTR drivers/showers/merchandise and inconsiderate 4 wheelers.
The new max limits using frequent fueler card for gas and diesel is appreciated.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #117
Moderator Emeritus

The IRV2 staff would appreciate it if this thread could be constrained to inquiries to Linsay about procedures and benefits of the Frequent Fueler program. The frustrations are real and legit, but crapping all over this thread is not being constructive. Linsay is trying to provide some help and beating her up for past mistakes is not the way to treat a helper.

I also note that some of these messages are taking shots at each other and probably constitute flaming under our rules. Please tone it down.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Old 04-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #118

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Nonno,
Please read post #8 and 48. This is the procedure to start the pump first. There is a different procedure at the truck pumps vs the RV/Auto pumps.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Gary,

Rereading it, I didn't make my point on post #109 clear. I had already registered my card (thanks to Lyndsay) and expect it to work next time I get diesel at PFJ.

Point was the thread comments made it sound like the problem was unique to PFJ. I was trying to say I also find this problem at the TA, Love's and Petro truck lanes too. Now, if you can start truck lane pumps at those stations, what am I doing wrong?
Old 04-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #120

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Nonno,
TA, Love's and Petro are different companies. They are not RV friendly and have made no attempt to attract the RV business. I have communicated with them on several occasions, over the years. All I have ever received, from them, are polite standard answers. If you stop at these businesses, be prepared to make more than one trip into the store to start and complete the fueling process (at the truck pumps).
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #121
Moderator Emeritus

Please take any discussion of other companies' procedures to a separate thread.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #122

LynSay, Welcome to the forum nice to have a Flying J/Pilot representative reviewing our threads.

I love the Flying J RV lanes and always use them for fuel. I do have a question which you may not be able to answer. When ever I use the RV Island for diesel or the auto Island for gas , RV value card and pay at the pump with my PenFed visa card when I get the statement the fuel is listed as Groceries and I lose my 5% rebate and get a 2% instead. Any ideas?

Thank You
beejay25
Old 04-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #123

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Lynsay, I just wanted to pass on my kudos to PFJ. While it has taken a while for some of the differences in corporate culture to mesh, my latest experience at the Hope Hull, Alabama PFJ was great! The store was cleaner, the Denny's restaurant was a big improvement over the Country Buffet, which had gone downhill in the past few years. The staff was most helpful, and PFJ seems to want the RV business. I do still have my RV Real Value card, I'm glad I did NOT throw it out as was suggested by the PFJ store staff at the PFJ west of Houston, who gave me a Frequent Fueler card to replace it. Both are now registered online.

Good job, keep up the good work!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Please take any discussion of other companies' procedures to a separate thread.
Gary,

I am a moderator of another forum out in the web.

The off track whiner stuff and pot shots at each other are "off topic" and you should just delete them.

This thread lost value real fast when it strayed off of the Q&A theme.

IMO, if a thread is NOT kept clean and straight to the topic, it will degenerate to the point where a helper such as Lindsay will just throw up their hands and say "what's the point?".

A full 1/3 of the posts need to be culled out of this thread.

Questions about island cleanliness can be made in the form of questions and then wait for her answer.

A post that just gets on and denigrates a vendor and says "I will never be back" is not supportive of helping the vendor to improve things.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #125

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Special View Post
I have the orange card and have pump start activated. But had an issue last time I filled up, two weeks ago. Truck pumps, inserted Orange card, pump started, but it CUT OFF at $250.00. I had to go inside and pay. I had them restart the pump from inside, on the second fillup, I was charged 9 cents higher (cash 6 + RV card 3). Plus aggrivating the trucks because I went inside to pay without pulling forward. What did I do wrong, that it would not allow me to fill up. I normally need 125 to 150 gallons, or $500 to $600 in fuel.
Hi there - Yes, that was a glitch in the system for a few days that cut the pumps off at $250. That has since been fixed. The normal limit is $750. So sorry for the frustration and inconvenience. The reason you didn't get the discount the 2nd time is that you MUST start the pump with your RV card to get the discount, but that should all be fixed now.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #126

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
Lynsay, according to your earlier statement if you use a diesel truck lane you have to go inside to pay with a credit card but you still get the cash price and a 3 cent discount. You did not contradict Rex when he stated it cost him 5% extra to not pay at the pump. Am I confused?
The 5% extra is from Rex's credit card company - not PFJ. No matter the tender you use to close your bill, if you start the truck diesel pump with your RV card, you will get cash price + $.03 discount.

Closed Thread