Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #813

That Gasoline Gallon Equivalent is based on BTU's When you buy a gallon of CNG your are getting the equivalent of a gallon of gasoline. The prices can be looked up on the internet and vary a lot. Your is very high. Yesterday's average price was $2.11, See link for prices of it around the US. Once there are more stations, competition will control the pricing. Depending on your situation, you may want to look at getting a compressor for using your home natural gas which is cheaper.

CNG stations and Prices for the US, Canada and Europe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #814

Fleetwood Owners Club
Calif. has a 50 year old law on the books that says you cannot use well gas in a motor vehicle, my house is served by a pipeline that has well gas from Bakersfield. If you can get the permit then your home natural gas cost drops over 40%. I tried five years ago and gave up. As long as T Boone Pickens owns all the stations do not hold your breath for prices to go down. If you charge 2.11 I will buy from Flying J.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #815

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gary, might I make a suggestion concerning this thread? I have just set and read 59 pages of replies on Pilot/Flying J's. Well I read most of them. It appears that many of the early post no longer are relevant to someone looking for a card today, since many of the old programs have been replaced with newer, easier to use plans. IMO posting the amenities of each of the current plans, or a site where they can be found and compared, would be useful. Also flipping the post, or removing many of the old post would help clear up some of the confusion.
I have applied for the RV Plus Card(requires Good SAMs membership) already, before I found this thread, and through-out the reading of the thread continually became confused. I continued reading, only because I had become worried about what or if I applied for the correct card vs a different plan or a different company.
Thank you for the time and effort you put in to making this a useful thread. Might I suggest the forum give you moderator discretion and ability to remove those post that take up space with their complaints since the thread is for information not grips. Complaints, grips, or compliments could be handled in another area, so as not to step on anyone's free speech.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #816

Newmar Owners Club
Hi huntnski,
Thanks for the thanks. It is appreciated. Post #1 provides current information.

Congratulations for reading the thread. One thing you may have learned is who whines and cries, makes pointless posts and continues to make off topic posts.

You are correct, as PFJ has matured, the program has become much simpler. This has caused the thread to not be used as much as it used to be. However, some still need a bit of information to help them take advantage of the program(s) offered. As long as iRV2 keeps it as a sticky, I will continue to monitor and help where I can.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #817

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
I have the GS RV credit card. I also have the Frequent Fueler card. Using the RV credit card, do I still get my reward points? If not, how do I get them?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #818

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker View Post
I have the GS RV credit card. I also have the Frequent Fueler card. Using the RV credit card, do I still get my reward points? If not, how do I get them?
See if these sites help:
Pilot RV Plus - Program Details
Pilot Flying J
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #819

Newmar Owners Club
Hi OldHiker,
The terminology can get a bit confusing. If the Frequent Fueler card, mentioned in your post, is paid for with the GS RV CC, you will get the benefits of that card.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 05-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #820

Appears they are no real awards other than a 10% discount at Denny's. I do use the RV card for all my fuel purchases.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:14 AM   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker View Post
Appears they are no real awards other than a 10% discount at Denny's. I do use the RV card for all my fuel purchases.
Have you checked lately? I think that discount was discontinued a while back. At least, I think that was what the sign at the checkout desk was saying.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #822

Still amazing that this companies dishonesty is being so widely just accepted.

2 Pilot Flying J executives plead guilty in scheme
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 AM   #823

Reading post #1 then skipping to only the recent month's posts pretty much covers the Pilot/Flying J card discussion. We only refuel at the diesel truck side of the stations. The nozzles are large, as well as the maneuvering space. However in Indiana I found that an RV is not allowed to refuel at the truck pumps unless you have association with a company and a "company number" to start the pump. Has to do with tax being billed to your company instead of at point of purchase. Anyway, we were told to "just pull around to the other side and use the RV pumps". Easy for the attendant to say, but the positioning and design of those refueling lanes precludes making a turn with a 40' bus pulling a towed. My solution to that ... we don't use big truck stops in Indiana. Having motored across the state many times, we make sure the tanks are filled near the border in Ohio or Illinois.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:09 AM   #824

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Have you checked lately? I think that discount was discontinued a while back. At least, I think that was what the sign at the checkout desk was saying.
I just viewed it on their site. I liked the Country Mart much better then Dennys
Old 05-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #825

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgc View Post
Still amazing that this companies dishonesty is being so widely just accepted.

2 Pilot Flying J executives plead guilty in scheme
How is it just being accepted? Seems to me the FBI is taking the investigation right to the top of the company. Keep in mind this rebate scheme never had anything to do with RVer's pump discounts, just trucking company's rebates.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #826
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Reading post #1 then skipping to only the recent month's posts pretty much covers the Pilot/Flying J card discussion. We only refuel at the diesel truck side of the stations. The nozzles are large, as well as the maneuvering space. However in Indiana I found that an RV is not allowed to refuel at the truck pumps unless you have association with a company and a "company number" to start the pump. Has to do with tax being billed to your company instead of at point of purchase. Anyway, we were told to "just pull around to the other side and use the RV pumps". Easy for the attendant to say, but the positioning and design of those refueling lanes precludes making a turn with a 40' bus pulling a towed. My solution to that ... we don't use big truck stops in Indiana. Having motored across the state many times, we make sure the tanks are filled near the border in Ohio or Illinois.
It would be interesting to know if the PFJ Pump Start works in Indiana. If so, the transaction never gets to the attendant until you stop pumping fuel and walk in. If at that point they don't want me to use the truck lane, I guess it would be free. Forty feet of MH and 20 feet of TOAD just does not make for the RV pump at most stations. I always use the truck lanes. I don't remember having any problems in Indiana.

Does pump start work there? I don't remember much of that state.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Closed Thread