Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #29
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Lynsay, thanks for the response. Not what I wanted to hear, but it looks like there is hope this problem will be eliminated. It is hard to understand why you cannot provide a service that Flying J was providing when Pilot took them over. Yes I understand you didn't get their software, but I also understand software as that is my field, and this is an easy fix. Not doing it to begin with cost you lots of business. Not fixing it at all will cost you millions in business.

I neglected to welcome you in my previous post. It is indeed encouraging that Pilot/Flying J is taking opportunity to communicate with RVers directly this way. Thank you very much for that. While not all the problems are solved, at least we can vent our frustrations. Until the recent problems, I never refueled at any station other than Flying J in the last 10 years.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
I have the orange card and have pump start activated. But had an issue last time I filled up, two weeks ago. Truck pumps, inserted Orange card, pump started, but it CUT OFF at $250.00. I had to go inside and pay. I had them restart the pump from inside, on the second fillup, I was charged 9 cents higher (cash 6 + RV card 3). Plus aggrivating the trucks because I went inside to pay without pulling forward. What did I do wrong, that it would not allow me to fill up. I normally need 125 to 150 gallons, or $500 to $600 in fuel.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome Lynsay!

I vote the thread to be stickied....
Old 04-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #32

Lynsay, according to your earlier statement if you use a diesel truck lane you have to go inside to pay with a credit card but you still get the cash price and a 3 cent discount. You did not contradict Rex when he stated it cost him 5% extra to not pay at the pump. Am I confused?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #33
RKL

Hi I'm Linsay from pilot flying J

Linsay.....I have a Pilot Driver Payback card...Does this card get me the #.03 discount and cash price?...I gave pilot my old FJ card and they gave me this card....thanks RKL
Old 04-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
Hi Rex - Yes, completely understand this scenario and your frustration with it. We don't currently have the ability to pump start (give you a discount) and pay at the pump with a credit card. We have a new system going in this summer that will allow us to do this, but at this time we cannot. I am sorry for this inconvenience, but we are working on it.

Thanks will watch for the change, until then....anywhere else. I WAS a loyal (FJ MasterCard) customer for over ten years and travel a lot. BUT I won't give up my PenFed pay at pump discount. I know the trucks are trying to keep rolling and all the negative changes have just kept me away from J's and out of their way.

I hope to come back someday. Thank you for signing in here and hope to see REAL changes.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Lynsay,
Welcome and thanks for joining the forum. I have found your procedure post to be accurate. The last couple of stops have put us back to where we were before the merger (with regard to receiving the cash price (when using a CC) and discount and starting the pump at the truck islands. As mentioned in your OP it has been a struggle for the RV customer. Keep on plugging away. Hopefully, your efforts will get the word out.

I'd like to make a recommendation and ask you take it back to management. Can an advisory board be formed of the major RV organizations and forums to advise PFJ on matters as to how the PFJ is to maximize this target market to everyone's benefit?
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ

The blue Professional Driver card won't give you any fuel discounts. That card is designed to give Shower Credits and points for in-store merchandise. You don't have to go through online registration again. Just add in the new orange RV card number to your existing online account. Ask as many questions as you need. That's what I'm here for!
Ahhh..thanks! That clears it up for me. Will get a RV card next time we stop. Nina
Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
For those posting to this thread about specific fill-up problems, there is a transaction number on your receipt. If the transaction number is not provided to PFJ is is almost impossible for them to assist you.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
For those posting to this thread and want to understand the proper procedure to obtain the cash price and discount, go to post #8. This is the only procedure that works. It is different for the RV/Auto and the Truck Pumps. If you try another scenario, you will be disappointed.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #39

welcome aboard lynsay great to have you here
Old 04-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Flying J Credit Card

Lynsay, welcome aboard, glad to have you as a member.

I (and quite a few others here) have a slightly different problem w/Pilot-Flying J. I/we carried a Flying J RV CC for quite a few years, when suddenly the card was canceled by TABBank (whom the account was handed by, they claimed they wanted to get out of the CC business)

I sent an inquiry to Pilot/Flying J as to what or how the card/account replacement was going to be handled by Pilot/Flying J, what we needed to do or what the future plans were and I received a reply stating that "I would receive a reply in 4-5 business days",

It's now been some 5-6 months off the top of my head, and as a former loyal customer, I've have heard nothing. I/we have received nothing in the mail about the changes nor information from the new Pilot/Flying J as to "welcome aboard, get a new account, we've missed you, sorry this happen, etc."

I haven't stopped buying fuel, so far right now, the new Valero's they are putting in with angled pumps and large turnaround areas are working and filling the bill statewide for me.

Best to you,

Ruppr
Old 04-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have an old Green RV real value club card
It says activated when I go to the online registration site.
Do I need to get the new orange card?

For gas fill-up at the gas island do I need to prepay? or can I just swipe the card and then go in to pay cash?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #42

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppr View Post
Lynsay, welcome aboard, glad to have you as a member.

I (and quite a few others here) have a slightly different problem w/Pilot-Flying J. I/we carried a Flying J RV CC for quite a few years, when suddenly the card was canceled by TABBank (whom the account was handed by, they claimed they wanted to get out of the CC business)

I sent an inquiry to Pilot/Flying J as to what or how the card/account replacement was going to be handled by Pilot/Flying J, what we needed to do or what the future plans were and I received a reply stating that "I would receive a reply in 4-5 business days",

It's now been some 5-6 months off the top of my head, and as a former loyal customer, I've have heard nothing. I/we have received nothing in the mail about the changes nor information from the new Pilot/Flying J as to "welcome aboard, get a new account, we've missed you, sorry this happen, etc."

I haven't stopped buying fuel, so far right now, the new Valero's they are putting in with angled pumps and large turnaround areas are working and filling the bill statewide for me.

Best to you,

Ruppr
TAB Bank was supposed to have sent you info about this, but I have found after talking to some people that they didn't. I am sorry for no one contacting you from us. We would love for you to be part of our RV program. All you need to do to sign up is drop by any Pilot or Flying J location (that is owned/operated by Pilot - Flying J Dealer locations are not owned/operated by Pilot) and pick up a new RV Frequent Fueler Advantage card. It is orange. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!
Closed Thread