Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #141

Commercial Member

Send a message via Skype™ to LynsayPFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Time View Post
Hi Linsay,
At the J this morning in Gretna, NE I tried to use the Orange card to activate the pump in the truck lanes. It would not start the pump. Manager stated you must purchase 500 gallons to activate pump start. Even looking on the web site it has a red X in the pump start box. So do we need 500 gallons on the card, or is this another glitch? Thanks for being here and trying to shed some light on this fiasco.
Hi there - I'm glad to help. The manager was incorrect, you do not need 500 gallons. Sorry about that. However, do you know for certain that you have registered your card? You can do so online at www (dot) frequentfueleradvantage (dot) com. It must be registered for pump start to work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #142

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
Lynsay,

I think the problem I just encountered was a procedural error but want to make sure for the future.

I registered my old card, issued thru FMCA, and today it worked for pump start. Problem I had was when I went in to pay. Clerk asked if I had a rewards card, I said yes and she had me swipe it again before swiping my creidt card. Result was a "failed" receipt printed with the cash price amount. She swiped the RV card and cc again. Result this time was approved for the cash price amount. (cash and charge price at this station are the same) I did not get the .03 discount. Was this because the clerk had me swipe the fuel card when I went in?

I know this was my specific issue but if it was due to a wrong procedure, maybe it will help someone else.

Thank you

Not sure if this matters but I forgot to mention, transaction number for failed and successful slips are the same.
Hi Bob - I will definitely find out about this. Do you care to send me the transaction #? lynsay.caylor@pilottravelcenters.com
Old 04-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #143

Just looked at this string. Obviously there is a lot of interest in fuel these days which is supported by the number of postings here in such a short time. Lynsay your proactive approach is very positive. Thank you for your efforts.

Jerry
Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #144

Hi I'm Lynsay from Pilot/FJ

Lynsay, thank you for your interest in solving the problems with fueling RVs and vehicles at the pumps. You are brave!
This happened to us Easter Sunday in Great Falls MT.
We pulled into the RV lane to fill the MH and toad, only to discover that the MH ahead had unfortunately pumped gas into his diesel tank. He would be there for awhile. Therefore we had to disconnect (remove the toad), back up and move in to the other lane. I pulled in with the toad behind the MH. By the time the MH had been filled, another MH arrived, so to facilitate his need, once our MH moved, I filled at the auto lane. Neither MH or toad received a discount...the MH because the clerk thought we were likely over the limit of 100 gallons and the toad because, according to the clerk, the discount could only be received in the RV lane. We are not talking about a huge amount of $$$ here.
Now I read differently...no limit, all lanes, for discount.
Both our cards are registered...now the clerks need to be on your page, no limits, all lanes, for discount! Is this correct? Thanks again!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #145

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Summer- Lake Diefenbaker, SK; winter- Westbay Marine Village, Victoria, BC
I cannot convince your system to process/validate my RV Real Value Card?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #146

I have tried severeal times to register my Flying J card and it continually is rejected, saying it is an invalid card - even though I have been using it. I tried to get help through your (Flying J/Pilot) customer service. With 6 trys I have never been able to get through - I just get a message telling me to request a call back. Guess what, I have never recieved a call back. I'm pretty stumped - think I might just give up - as others have stated there are better fuel prices near by.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #147

Flying J

Hello Lynsay
I have been a loyal customer of Flying J since 1998 I now have over a 155,000 miles on my diesel motor home except when we were on our trip to Alaska , I have never purchased fuel any where but Flying J. Now that your company has purchased Flying J it is becoming difficult to continue. I have registered my frequient fueler card. Here is what has happened they no longer honor the card when purchasinf coffee ( how can I keep track to get my free cup after purchasing 5 cups ???) Also in Franklin, Ky. I inserted credit card then loyalty card. No receipt, went inside to get same looked at receipt no discount asked clerk for discount he said he could no give me the discount because he would come up short at the end of the day. I said I need to purchase mor fuel, He said I will ring it up in here I said that is not how it works, so I will get the discount, also told him that I could hear the the pump try to print but hter was no paper in the machine, clerk then said it was not his problem. When i started to leave clerk sent some out to the pump to put a roll of paper in the pump. Continued on my trip homestopped at the Battle Creek Flying J no way to pay at the pump NO DISCOUNT ON PRICE OF FUEL, 6 cents added to the listed price per gallion.
How do you plan on keeping loyal customers when you service people treat us this way. This is only part of the trouble that i have had since Feb 2011.
Also why does the pump stop at $75.00 ?? Before the merger Flying J pumps would accept my Amex card no matter the amount with out stopping. Now when it stops and I start the procdure I may or may not get the discount PROMISED in your ad .
SOME DEAL!!
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynsayPFJ View Post
Hello everyone - My name is Lynsay and I'm with Pilot Flying J. I am new to this forum and I am here to help answer any questions you all have regarding our RV Frequent Fueler Advantage program. I know many in the RV community were loyal patrons to Flying J before the merger with Pilot Travel Centers. We didn't realize at the time, but we made it difficult on RVers to use our facilities, and for that we are sincerely sorry. We have made lots of changes to the program after hearing from many of our customers and members of the RV community. As I said before, I'm here to help, so please reach out to me or let me know if you see forum threads that I should become part of to help decrease the hassle at the pump. Thank you all for letting me be part of your community.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #148

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler 275 View Post
Hello Lynsay
I have been a loyal customer of Flying J since 1998 I now have over a 155,000 miles on my diesel motor home except when we were on our trip to Alaska , I have never purchased fuel any where but Flying J. Now that your company has purchased Flying J it is becoming difficult to continue. I have registered my frequient fueler card. Here is what has happened they no longer honor the card when purchasinf coffee ( how can I keep track to get my free cup after purchasing 5 cups ???) Also in Franklin, Ky. I inserted credit card then loyalty card. No receipt, went inside to get same looked at receipt no discount asked clerk for discount he said he could no give me the discount because he would come up short at the end of the day. I said I need to purchase mor fuel, He said I will ring it up in here I said that is not how it works, so I will get the discount, also told him that I could hear the the pump try to print but hter was no paper in the machine, clerk then said it was not his problem. When i started to leave clerk sent some out to the pump to put a roll of paper in the pump. Continued on my trip homestopped at the Battle Creek Flying J no way to pay at the pump NO DISCOUNT ON PRICE OF FUEL, 6 cents added to the listed price per gallion.
How do you plan on keeping loyal customers when you service people treat us this way. This is only part of the trouble that i have had since Feb 2011.
Also why does the pump stop at $75.00 ?? Before the merger Flying J pumps would accept my Amex card no matter the amount with out stopping. Now when it stops and I start the procdure I may or may not get the discount PROMISED in your ad .
SOME DEAL!!
Greg
We too we denied the discout last week at the Pilot TS in Meridian, MS because we used the truck lane and the clerk stated that we had to use the auto pumps in order to receive the discount. What gives?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #149

Newmar Owners Club
If one needs help with a specific incident, please consider:
1. Read this post http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/pilot...ion-90430.html
2. Contacting PFJ via their web site at Pilot Flying J.
3. In the email provide all the information needed to help you close your question. The information includes:
3a. Your RV Real Value or Frequent Fueler number.
3b. The transaction number from your receipt.
3c. A short narrative explaining your concern.
3d. The names of PFJ people you talked to.
3e. Date and place the transaction occurred.

Please be sure you understand and follow the fueling process,,,,to the letter. If the process is not followed, discounts and cash price may be lost for that transaction.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #150

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
OMG, really??

They 'give' you a 'discount' 'cause they make you jump through hoops and give them all your personal information to track and either use for marketing or sell to others who might be interested in how much you travel, where, and how much you spend on what.. THAT is the reason for the discount.

No different for any retailer in todays age.. you are ALWAYS being tracked... even Apple just got busted for it by tracking your iPhone ALL THE TIME.

Edit: Got an iPhone or 3G iPad? Apple is recording your moves - O'Reilly Radar

Apple slammed over location tracking by iPhone and iPad - KansasCity.com

Its called business and advertizing
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #151

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Lynsay -

Hi. I'm just wondering if you thought when you put up that first post a week ago, that you would have 150 replys by today! This has got to be one of the hottest threads on IRV2! Hope you're not sorry you started this. Looks like a full-time job for sure.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Old 04-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #152

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynsay,

I may be one of the lucky ones but my RV Discount card is working perfectly!

I took it to my local Pilot's 'driver kiosk' in early March and activated it.

Recently I used it at Flying J's in Winchester, VA, Ruther Glen, VA, Latta, SC and Brunswick, GA. I also used it at a Pilot on I81 in PA. In the RV lanes, it gave me that cash price with a 3 cent discount for diesel. I did have to cycle my credit card a few times as it shut off at $85 but understand that is a credit card company limitation, not a PFJ limitation. In the truck lanes, the pump start worked fine, the cash price with the 3 cent discount showed up right on the pump display, and I filled up $200 plus in one shot.

After some of these posts, I figured you needed some positive feedback!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #153

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
bump
Just a few clarifications to the above post:

Due to regulations in NJ and WI, PFJ is unable to give any fuel discounts at locations in these states.

Specific tax regulations in IN and OR are currently preventing us from processing discounts at the truck diesel lanes. We are working on a solution. Until we reach this solution, you will need to use the RV lanes to obtain your discount in these 2 states.

6. When paying for fuel pumped at the truck diesel pump, present your payment method and your registered RV frequent fueler card to the cashier. No matter what tender you use, you will receive the cash price + the $.03 discount if you swiped your registered RV card at the truck lane to start the pump. Discount will not appear as a line item on the receipt but will be reflected in the overall total.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the good work. I stopped at Lake Park, GA today and got a new card, and activation. The store was cleaner and desk staff friendly/cheery. A step up from when I quit over a year ago. Checked the internet and my old card was still in there...long since trashed. Hope things continue to get better.
Closed Thread