Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #463

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Steve Ownby,
Consider reading post #1 in this thread. In part it reads:
"Specific tax regulations in IN and OR are currently preventing us from processing discounts at the truck diesel lanes. At stations where the truck lane discount is not allowed, the pump start feature will not work. We are working on a solution. Until we reach this solution, you will need to use the RV lanes to obtain your discount in these 2 states."
HMMMM! The Guide shows store #242, in Shelbyville. IN.
Is a Pilot store and doesn't have any RV Lanes.

In fact out of the 34 Pilot/Flying J stores in IN. only 8 have RV Lanes.
Pilot has 2 FJ has 6
At 4 of the other Pilot stores, RV discount is given at the Truck Diesel Lanes only.
So You have less then a 24% chance of finding one with a RV Lane.

Guide also has store #653 with RV Lanes. Last time I was there was a couple years ago. And they had no RV Lanes.
They had on line about the RV lanes there over a year ago. I emailed the store manager back then and he replied that they had no RV Lanes.

The ones in IN. with RV Lanes do have the tax included in the pump price at the RV Lanes only.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #464

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Triker56,
Thanks for reading my post and the PFJ RV Travel Guide. If the RV lanes are the only way to receive frequent fueler benefits and a station has no RV lanes, one can not receive benefits at that station. (Unless one can fuel at the auto lanes).

For me, I made a decision a long time ago. I do not purchase fuel in Indiana. This may not work for others, but it is an easy solution for me.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 08-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #465

Fleetwood Owners Club
I buy fuel in IN every year at least 2 times. And never have a problem getting the discount.
I have bought over the years at:
Indy I465 exit 4 Flying J RV Islands that have pay at the pump and get receipt at the pump.
I65 At exit 139
I65 exit 240
I70 exit 123
I94 exit 15b all of them Flying J's

But this year in IN I have bought at 2 Murphy's with the Gift Card 10¢ discount.
A lot cheaper then Pilot/Flying J by about almost 17-20¢ a gal.

I thought with a toad Murphy's may be hard to get in/out of. But they have the Diesel pumps on the outside lanes. And it hasn't been any tighter then some Flying J RV Islands.

On my summer trip I have always filled up at Flying J's 7 of my 7 fills.
With their higher prices then the Murphy's deal it will only be once this summer.

This fall when I go back home I may stop at a FJ to eat.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #466
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Several posts have eluded that the old brown FJ card will not work.

I have to differ with you because I have been using that card and just completed over 4000+ miles. It activated pump start at every PFJ I stopped at, and at no time was I in the RV lane, but using the truck lanes. The only difficulty I encountered was when I went in to pay. They looked at the register, asked for my card, swiped it several times and said it will not work at the truck pumps. Duh! I just swiped it at the truck pump and it activated "pump start."

1. My old brown card works
2. It always starts auto pump start
3. It is not always recognized at the register and throws up some kind of flag.
4. On only one occasion I had to pay the 3 cent higher price - no big deal
5. on only one occasions the clerk at the register calculated my savings (only 38 dollars worth of fuel) and gave me back cash of $1.16

My card works. I am so happy that I only have to walk into the PFJ service register one time, instead of going in, leaving my CC (which I don't like to do).

Thanks again PFJ. I'm happy.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #467

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't forget the time you let me use your card because mine wouldn't work...never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

I have to differ with you because I have been using that card and just completed over 4000+ miles. It activated pump start at every PFJ I stopped at, and at no time was I in the RV lane, but using the truck lanes. The only difficulty I encountered was when I went in to pay. They looked at the register, asked for my card, swiped it several times and said it will not work at the truck pumps. Duh! I just swiped it at the truck pump and it activated "pump start."

1. My old brown card works
2. It always starts auto pump start
3. It is not always recognized at the register and throws up some kind of flag.
4. On only one occasion I had to pay the 3 cent higher price - no big deal
5. on only one occasions the clerk at the register calculated my savings (only 38 dollars worth of fuel) and gave me back cash of $1.16

My card works. I am so happy that I only have to walk into the PFJ service register one time, instead of going in, leaving my CC (which I don't like to do).

Thanks again PFJ. I'm happy.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #468

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, I didn't say it wouldn't work....I said it had been superceded by the new one. If I had wanted to reregister my old brown card, I'm sure it would have worked but I liked the orange colored "new" one and the clerk registered it for me.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #469
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't get excited Dave, I didn't point any fingers. Just trying to clear the air that the old card works. As Jim stated, and I had forgot about that time, my card worked for him when his didn't. Now I'm not going to say that he doesn't know how to hold his mouth correctly (shut)! (lol)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #470

But my old brown card says it's registered when I go to the Flying J site, but it has never worked for me. I always get the "see the cashier" message, and no discount.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #471

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I called FMCA a short time ago and asked how I could get one of those new Flying J cards. The young lady said no problem I’ll send you one. A week later we received the new orange card. I went on line to the site mentioned on the card and registered for fuel pump start.
Today was the first time I had the opportunity to use it. After checking the list of participating dealers we stopped in Brunswick Georgia, store number 627, we pulled up to a truck lane at 9:30AM. The street cash price on the sign was $3.85, (Loves up the street was $3.84). We slid our new orange card thru the reader and pump start started. We pumped 86.48 gallons. We also drove thru the Cat scales.
After both events we made one trip inside the store. There was no line at the cashier. She was friendly and cashed me out just fine. We paid $331.15 for 86.486 gallons with our Discover card. That is $3.829 per gallon. This month is 5% cash back on Discover so we also received a credit there
It was an easy in and out. Close to the route I was driving and I didn’t have any truck drivers throwing tire irons at me.
If anyone has any doubts about Golden Isles RV Park just down the road. Don’t. It is a Passport America park. Is now privately owned and was once a KOA. $17.00 for an overnite. The 50 amp pedestal service was new with clean power. The water pressure was fine and the cable service was satisfactory. The breakfast at their café was a good deal for the price but the grits were not my cup of tea (northern boy).
Short version, Stop at exit 29 on Rt. 95 for fuel and a good overnite stop. The PFJ card works fine.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #472

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
But my old brown card says it's registered when I go to the Flying J site, but it has never worked for me. I always get the "see the cashier" message, and no discount.
I had the same problem and got it fixed. See post #449.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #473

Newmar Owners Club
Today I filled up at the Pilot on I40 in Dandridge, TN (exit 417). I used the truck pumps. Everything worked as advertised (pump start, cash price and discount). The Pilot was 2 cents cheaper than Love's and 7 cents cheaper than EXXON.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #474

Today I used the RV lane at the PFJ just outside of Bakersfield, CA. Everything worked fine, however, the sequence of the cards was weird. I first swiped my credit card. It then asked me to swipe my loyalty card. After that, it then asked me for the last four numbers on the card. I assumed it meant the PFJ card. I entered those and got an error. So I started the process all over again and entered the last four of my credit card, and it worked. This is the first time I've had to enter the last four of my credit card. I've only ever been asked my zip code. Now, it didn't show the discounted price on the pump screen, but on the receipt.

They were in the process of installing new pumps at the truck pumps, so hopefully this will allow for credit cards to be swiped there.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #475

Is there some way to get fuel discounts from you guys?
Jim
Old 08-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #476
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel1 View Post
Is there some way to get fuel discounts from you guys?
Jim
Read the first post in this thread. I believe all of the details are included there.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Closed Thread