Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #477

Fleetwood Owners Club
Was at the Good Sam Rally in Redmond, Or this last July, and obtained a card from Pilot/Flying J, I reg the card on line. Twice I stopped at a Pilot/FlyING j station, I went into the store to see a clerk, because I would take more that the $125 limit the pump would give me. I presented my card, and on both occasions the clerk did not know how to punch in the discount. Paid full price, found more stations with cheper fuel so I never went back, hope Marcos from Good Sams fixes this problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel1 View Post
Is there some way to get fuel discounts from you guys?
Jim
I see you are new here so Welcome! What is it that you are looking for? The RV plan is well spelled out and gives discounts for fuel, gas and propane as well as allowing you to pay the cash price while using a credit card. What else can we answer for you?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #479

Newmar Owners Club
Hi LEMO,
When purchasing gas at the RV or auto pumps, you'll need to follow the instructions in post #1 or the screen at the pump. I know the CC limit at the RV and auto pumps is a PITA but, it is the only way to receive the PFJ RV Frequent Fueler benefits.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 08-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #480

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I guess I'm just a glutten for punishment because I tried again today.

Pilot store 380, Liverpool, NY.
Transaction # 1964933

Pump start worked...I about fainted.
Fueled and went to pay.
Clerk said you didn't get your points...I said I don't think we get points.
She said but you got the cash price and I said yeah but I didn't get the 3 cent discount.

This is maybe the fourth or fifth time I've tried and its never worked as advertised for me. And yes Gary, I followed all the procedures as outlined in post 1. At least I did get the pump start and cash price feature this time. Yea!!!!!

The really funny thing, some brilliant employee had reversed the cash/credit poster on every truck pump. Credit was less than cash on the pump plaques...too funny and the truckers were screaming.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #481

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Elkhartjim,
If you used the truck pumps and pump start worked and you got the cash price, the discount without a doubt, should have come along. I have one question.

What was the credit price per gallon and what price did you pay, per gallon?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #482

Monaco Owners Club
Hi I am living in Alberta Canada and have an old Flying J card from 2004 or so. We have used it in the past but not for the last 2 years. I checked online and it says my card# is invalid. Do I have to go to a Flying J and get a new card or can I have one mailed to me? We are planning to travel in the U.S. as we have in the past and have ran into some pumps needing a zip code. How can Canadian customers get around this? Thank you.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #483

Newmar Owners Club
Hi slickest1,
Read post #1 in this thread. It has all the information for you to contact PFJ. You can have them send you a card or get a new card at the same time you use a PFJ station for the first time. The new card will need to be registered. This can be done by the store cashier or by you via the Internet. If you wait until you arrive at a PFJ station, pull into a parking area and get the new card (and have it registered first). Then fill your tank.

As to the zip code problem, if your coach is diesel powered, consider using the truck pumps. Method of payment has no effect on receiving the RV Frequent Fueler benefits or pumping fuel. If your coach is gas powered your CC issuer help desk should have their approved method to answer this prompt.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #484

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Gary I will go down to the nearest station and get a new card. My coach is diesel so I usually try to use the truck lanes. I had a diesel pickup and fiver previously and ran into the zip code problem before. I will contact my card holder like you say. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #485

We just used FJ for the first time in a long time when we found one with competitive pricing. Swiped the FJ card and the pump started worked without issue. Filled up with $522 worth of diesel and went inside to pay. The manager was at the desk and he got the receipt, looked at it and shook his head. I asked "Did it not do the RV credit?" He said, "No, it didn't". How cool is it that he even checked! He handed me a bit over $4 and sent me on my way. Good job FJ!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #486

Flying J

Slickest1: Here's what we do. When asked for a zip code at a US pump, we use the three digits of our postal code and add two zeros. So if our postal code is T7A 2B9 , we punch in 72900. Works like this 95% of the time. For the other 5%, DW takes credit card into station while DH pumps fuel. Hope this helps.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #487

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Adams View Post
We just used FJ for the first time in a long time when we found one with competitive pricing. Swiped the FJ card and the pump started worked without issue. Filled up with $522 worth of diesel and went inside to pay. The manager was at the desk and he got the receipt, looked at it and shook his head. I asked "Did it not do the RV credit?" He said, "No, it didn't". How cool is it that he even checked! He handed me a bit over $4 and sent me on my way. Good job FJ!
Exactly how it worked for me Bill except for the total dollar amount. They wouldn't give me the discount amount in cash, however.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #488

Newmar Owners Club
If you are using the truck pumps, the discount will not be printed on the receipt. The bottom line is what was the credit price, per gallon, and what was the price you paid per gallon (like I asked in post 481)? As mentioned in earlier posts:

1. Check the price on the pump before beginning the pump start process.

2. Check the price on the pump as you begin to fill the tank. The price should have dropped to the cash price minus the discount. This can vary, but most of the time it is 9 cents below the credit price.

3. The price on your receipt will be the same as the price on the pump.

This information is valid only for the truck pumps. The RV and auto pump receipts show the cash price. It will also show the discount as a separate line item.

Mentioning your disappointment in this thread will not alert PFJ to a problem. Consider going to post #1 and provide the information to PFJ.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #489

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwoods46 View Post
Slickest1: Here's what we do. When asked for a zip code at a US pump, we use the three digits of our postal code and add two zeros. So if our postal code is T7A 2B9 , we punch in 72900. Works like this 95% of the time. For the other 5%, DW takes credit card into station while DH pumps fuel. Hope this helps.
Hi southwoods, thanks for the tip. Unfortunatly all the numbers in my postal code are zero's. Do you think 5 zero's will work.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #490

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a question and a comment.
Q does P/FJ give the cash price if I use my DEBIT card?
(If you don't you won't get a dime from me).

Comment
Who in the heck thought it was a good idea to put a ring on the end of the larger truck nozzles?? I have added a extra 50gal fuel tank on my truck(Rv conversion) the fuelm neck is from my old 89 diesel Ford pickup truck.
Large nozzles fit in it fine,...IF they do NOT have the added ring!!

I must now use the smaller nozzles to fill my extra tank.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Closed Thread