Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is my simple annual gas budget. Drive 6000 miles a year @ 50 cents per mile is $3000 a year. At 7 mpg that is $3.50 a gallon, at 60 cents a gallon it is $4.20 a gallon which is $3600 per year, if I cut back to 5000 miles I'm at $3000 per year. I average around 5000 per year currently. We can afford the extra $600 in gas but can adjust to fit our budget if need be. I choose not to let outside sources to dictate my lifestyle anyway. We intend to enjoy our retirement for as long as our health allows which is our biggest concern as we age. We purchased our MoHo for the pleasure it would provide us as we spent 10 years home bound with an AZ relative going absolutely nowhere together! and would do it again. Point is life is to short, we've been able to see so many things these past 3 years and refuse to let the fools that drive these prices up keep me at home.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
I should of made my thread more complete, Sorry; I don't plan to get out of the RV life because of the high gas prices.

I was going to buy a used higher end model MH and then sell mine. I was getting cold feet because of the gas prices that could effect selling my RV. Of course on the buying end this may be to my benefit.

Hate to end up with two MHs, sitting around for too long. Many good thoughts on this issue. Thanks a million.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Don't want to turn this political but you keep hearing all the harping on increasing domestic production. We have a ton, so then what happens, the oil companies just export it! They are now exporting more then we are importing, yet prices march on up.

I do feel very sorry for many seniors and many many working poor, they are getting killed.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #18

Let's see if diesel goes up 50 cents and I get say 100 gallons I'll pay $50 more a tank or I can sell and lose thousands ?? and stop doing something I enjoy.

Tags
gas