Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holding Gypsy

Two black button eyes peeked over my heel board on my recliner.
Two rust colored fuzzy paws hung on to the heel board and I could feel her tail wagging out of my sight. A almost inaudible low growl rumbled in her throat and her un blinking black eyes boar a hole in my face. She stood there waiting, waging, growling low, and staring at me.
I had kicked back in my recliner after a semi hard days work messing with the motor home and was taking a break in the cool living room. I had leaned the chair back and kicked off my shoes for a good ''relaxing''. When I felt the thump of her four pound weight against the heel board of my recliner chair and I did an ever so sly ''peek'' thru my eye lids at Gypsy as she peeked over the heel board at me. She was waiting for an invite up in the chair so she might share my relaxation and enjoy my company but she will not usually come up unless invited. The low growl rumbled again and she pushed against the heel board and waited. I made the error of moving my left arm and that was immediately construed as an invitation up in the chair and she bounded up on my feet and legs. Not being sure if she was really invited she stopped and looked at my almost closed eyes. There was an intense tail wag and another low growl and two steps forward. She stopped and looked and I could see her ''thinking'' about jumping down. She looked around and then back to my face and took a few steps across my belly and up on to my chest. I lay there with my eyes so nearly closed that I was looking thru my eyelashes. She leaned forward and sniffed the tip of my nose and then gave it a tiny butterfly kiss to my nose to be sure I was me. All the time I could see her black eyes boring holes in my face. She raised her left paw and touched my face and stepped back to get a reaction. I did not move.
If you listen very close you can hear a dog sniffing you. They rely a lot on smell and they identify you by smell as much as sight. Gypsy leaned forward again and gave me another sniff and decided that I must be Me eased up on my left shoulder where she loves to ride when we go walking. I do the ''walking'' she does the riding. She turned around and surveyed the living room for bears, lions and dropped potato chips. I still had my eyes mostly closed but I could feel her facial hair brushing against my left cheek and I could just see her nose thru my mostly closed eyes. She gave my cheek another reassuring sniff and headed back across my chest toward my left arm. She turned half a turn and curled up on my left arm, nestled her head on my left hand, yawned very big and laid down and relaxed. She was just where I could see one of her eyes and it slowly closed and she went to sleep there in my arms.

There is something very peaceful about a dog that loves you. I believe you can look into their eyes and see their very soul. In a dogs eyes you see truth because dogs will never learn to lie to you. Their soul is pure and their eyes are the windows to their soul. Its a real shame people are not that way. I believe that the love of a dog is good for your soul and it gives you inner peace. Strange as it seems, I can never remember staying angry at anyone or anything with one of my puppies sleeping in my arms. I do not know if it is their warmth or their softness or their unbounded love and trust that makes you feel so good. I believe that it is a feeling that, if you could bottle it and sell it, you would be instantly rich and if you had enough to give it away to everyone in the world, there would be no more war, no hate, no cheating or fighting, just peaceful happiness all around. Would that not be really something if we could eliminate hate by just giving everyone a soft warm, loving, puppy to sleep in their arms. Did you know you can not accurately fire an AK47 and hold a sleeping puppy in your arms at the same time? (betcha' you didn't know that did you?)(lets send puppies over seas instead of AK47's)

We dozed there for a long time until Finnie saw a bird out on the back sundeck and went ballistic. Gypsy instantly went to the defensive, springing to her feet and facing the front door, yelping a growl like a lion and a bark like a banshee. She did not know what she was barking at but she knew she should be barking because Finnie was barking. So much for the peaceful puppy sleeping in my arms.

If you want true contentment and peace in your life ...GET A SMALL DOG THAT LOVES YOU.....

Nuff said for now.

God bless our troops and keep them safe....

I will post more when I think of something worth writing about….... me …..

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
iRV2 No Limits Club
Shoot, almost any furry animal will give that feeling. I don't have any furry companions right now but when I visit a friend who has a darling little Siamese with plenty of catitude and a goofy but sweet 100 lb. Lab mix who can't understand he is too big to be a lap dog, they make sure I get that feeling you describe. It's amazing how attuned they are to our feelings. One time when I was visiting there, I came back to the house after having a good cry over something. By then no one there could tell I had been upset but the furry children could and were hovering over me with concern showing in their eyes while I was changing clothes so we could go out to eat. Dumb animals my Aunt Fannie.

Whenever I visit, I take the dog for his walks. I spoil him putrid but he still shows his appreciation for which makes worth it. The cat has her moods but frequently visits me at night when I'm sleeping on the couch. She usually wants to get in my lap (or face or whatever is convenient for her) and it takes only a strokes to get her motor running. Even though I consider myself to be more of a dog person than a cat person, there is little that is more calming than a purring cat, even though she sounds like an idling B-17 (she may be little but she has a purr that can be heard six feet away and meow that can be heard clear across the house).

When I leave, I miss the furry children almost as much as I miss my friends. I'll be so glad when I'm able to have my own dogs again.

LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Nothing like a pleasant dispositioned Yorkie and nothing worse than one of opposite nature. My daughter has had both. I gotta say the one now has me "wrapped". Stay cool in the hills over there my friend. I do miss not being "over there" this year.
JOE.. LEO(ret.)-active USCGAUX-
ck. our website:www.overmountainsams.com
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote