Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2018, 09:49 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Honor Vietnam Vets - March 29

As I am sure many of you people know that today is Vietnam Veterans Day. There are probably more that do not know this fact than do know this! President Trump created this proclamation in 2017. I would like to thank all of my fellow Vietnam Veterans for their service. I also certainly do not want to forget all of the current and past Men and Women who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces of our Great Country. - thank you as well.

Respectfully submitted,

Ken
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post
As I am sure many of you people know that today is Vietnam Veterans Day. There are probably more that do not know this fact than do know this! President Trump created this proclamation in 2017. I would like to thank all of my fellow Vietnam Veterans for their service. I also certainly do not want to forget all of the current and past Men and Women who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces of our Great Country. - thank you as well.

Respectfully submitted,

Ken

+1 ! My Dad was a Vietnam Vet
Old 03-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #3

Respectfully, Thank You. And like you said, Thanks to ALL Veterans who served for the USA.
And, finally, the Viet Nam vets get their respect as the others did.
I remember a sign in a yard that said, " Sailors and Dogs keep off the grass. How would that make you feel!.
THANK YOU.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The Vietnam vets got a raw deal for sure, thanks to people like Jane Fonda! They deserve our honor and respect!

Thank you for your service!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you to those of you who have remembered. I also would like to say again to all those who are Vietnam Veterans...Welcome Home!!!!!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE 58,000 + WHO PAYED THE ULTIMATE PRICEMAY YOU ALL REST IN PEACE.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The Vietnam vets got a raw deal for sure, thanks to people like Jane Fonda! They deserve our honor and respect!

Thank you for your service!
I am no fan of Jane Fonda, but it wasnt her, but our political leaders with their World War II mentality that sent hundreds of thousands of Americans to be used as cannon fodder in Viet-Nam.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:35 PM   #7

When I came back from in 69 my wife, small son and father in law a Navy PBY pilot in WW 2 picked me up at Travis AFB - The demonstrators were lined up at the Gate with their signs - murderers, baby killers and the like. My father in law wanted to stop and take them on but my wife didn't stop. Great home coming.
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post

Respectfully submitted,

Ken
Thank you for your service during the Vietnam War. I spent the better part of three years in the Tonkin Gulf. Glad to share this space with other Vietnam Vets. You are the best!!!

Skeeter
skeeterlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:52 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I want to thank all who served in Nam, and those who honorably wore the uniforms. I’m in Tx near lbj ranch but refuse to go there due to his Nam policies.

The only good from that timeframe that I remember is the music. I quit watching news due to the coverage of daily body counts.

Hopefully service personnel will forgive us for the hideous experience upon their return. It took way too many yrs for a National day for remembrance.

Many thanks.

Kerry
Old 03-30-2018, 12:46 AM   #10

Vietnam Day

I thank my brothers and sisters who served in Vietnam and I welcome them back home. I remember those who never made it back alive and those who are still missing or Pow's.
Some of us went over and returned bringing the war back with us and have been paying the price ever since. I pray for those who came home with demons with in their mind and I pray for those of us who battle every day from Agent Orange Exposure. That exposure is taking my life away and has since I returned. I am sorry that our Fed Gov lied and covered up the Agent Orange information they even used that crap on the DMZ in Korea and only let it out a few years ago...how nice and how timely.
So now we see the praise to those who served in Vietnam but to me it's many many years to late. Please do not give me praise or thanks now for serving but promise me that you will make those who are returning home from combat feel like they are wanted back home once again and do not treat them as we were treated. All we did was do what was asked to do and say a prayer for the ones who returned and those who have not as well as remembering those who have died and are dieting from the affects or that nasty Vietnam War. God bless all who have served in every war!! K9Piper
K9Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
I am no fan of Jane Fonda, but it wasnt her, but our political leaders with their World War II mentality that sent hundreds of thousands of Americans to be used as cannon fodder in Viet-Nam.
Sorry Paul, as a Viet Nam Vet, I CANNOT and WILL NOT give Jane Fonda a free pass for the things she said and did both during and after the Viet Nam war.
To ALL Vets, past, and present, THANK YOU for your service to this great country.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #12

Isn't this a political debate? I thought they are not allowed or is it like that if you are jingoistic? I am a Vietnam and want to puke every time someone wants to thank me for my service. I lost family members and half my crew thanks to the lying of the powers that be. War for oil.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote