Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by augar boy View Post
Why would anyone want to kick Texas out of the Union . I'am a fourth generation Texan and proud of it. I would be even more pleased if we just kept our oil and gas reserves, our chemical plants, our historic ranches that produce so much of your nations beef, the big timber companies, and all the other great industries that help keep the USA afloat every day. So just kick us out and remember the Alamo, we fought for it once and we will do it again!
And I would move 55 miles west, cross the LA/TX border to fight with you.

davidjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #16

The sad part of many of these polls is that they are based on nothing more than people's prejudices and perceptions. A major chunk of the poplulation of the US thinks that NY State is just NY City and don't realize that much of NY State is farmland and forest. Most also don't realize that most folks outside of Metro NY are really pretty nice.

Many people that I know who travel a lot would say that the rudest and most arrogant place in the US would have to be Boston and some of the nicest folks in the US are down south and that includes Texas.

A funnier poll, at least for those of us on the edge of Canada, would be the perceptions that Canadians have of each of their provinces. My guess is that Quebec would "win" most of the negative awards.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helotes2010 View Post
We should of kept Canada after War of 1812. It would of raised the average IQ of the US and gave us something worth bragging about to the world.
Yep! Some of it might rub off on the Texas Taliban?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by augar boy View Post
Why would anyone want to kick Texas out of the Union . I'am a fourth generation Texan and proud of it. I would be even more pleased if we just kept our oil and gas reserves, our chemical plants, our historic ranches that produce so much of your nations beef, the big timber companies, and all the other great industries that help keep the USA afloat every day. So just kick us out and remember the Alamo, we fought for it once and we will do it again!
Please keep me in mind,,,, if I have to move, because this country is going down the toilet,, I'm coming to TEXAS !!!! (back to Texas,,, Served there)
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Yep! Some of it might rub off on the Texas Taliban?
"Texas Taliban"??? I'm a noob here and don't know all the acronyms. Everyone keeps talking about "TT", but I thought they meant something else!!!

Thank you for the education!

Dan.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #20

I live in Austin and hope everyone would agree Texas is a terrible place to live, might slow down all the folks moving to Austin, fastest growing city in the US.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
We like all 57 States. Every State has its own beauty. Sometimes it may be hard to find like in North Dakota. but it is there. safe travels ed
You sir win the Internet's tonight!

I see most people are a little slow on this one. :-)
Old 08-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #22

There must be 57 states because Joe Biden said he campaigned in all 57 states.

By the way, we didn't win the War of 1812. By most accounts we either lost it or it was a draw. We tired invading Canada and got quickly sent back across the Niagara River.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #23

This poll is so whack.
Ugliest are Mississippian's? Favorite is Commifornia? And why is their pool only 1603?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #24
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I server 23+ years in the military and have traveled through all 50 States, PR, Cuba and a few Far East countries. The all have their beauty and their not so beautiful areas. They all have their rude and nice people. It has been my experiences that rudeness begets rudeness and niceness begets niceness. I live in Texas as a preference of choice. I was raised in New England, I like New England, just not in the Winter time, but that's me. Other people really enjoy the winter snows. I don't like the cold. I guess you could say I got what I asked for by living in Texas - no cold.

To specifically say that any state is bad is most likely stated by those who exude rudeness. Just sayin'.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I server 23+ years in the military and have traveled through all 50 States, PR, Cuba and a few Far East countries. The all have their beauty and their not so beautiful areas. They all have their rude and nice people. It has been my experiences that rudeness begets rudeness and niceness begets niceness. I live in Texas as a preference of choice. I was raised in New England, I like New England, just not in the Winter time, but that's me. Other people really enjoy the winter snows. I don't like the cold. I guess you could say I got what I asked for by living in Texas - no cold.

To specifically say that any state is bad is most likely stated by those who exude rudeness. Just sayin'.

Happy trails.
Agreed. Seen some beautiful sights in many states, some caught me by surprise. Louisiana has some disgusting sights intermingled with beautiful swamps, hardwood forest and great waterways, but I can't recommend anyone coming here for the bad road conditions. They're terrible!
davidjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #26

Texas, like Louisiana, Maine, Washington, Florida etc., are all part of that great Nation called The United States of America. We are supposed to be "United" as our Forefathers intended. I can't think of any other country I had rather live although Canada is a wonderful place also. I think everyone is partial to where they are from to the point of sometimes being overly vocal about it. I just returned from a trip to New Mexico as I have been there many times, and can say it is awsome, just like Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana Colorado and on and on. Been to the Smokies, Blue Ridge, rode ferry across the Ohio, rode horses on the Divide, saw the Grand Canyon, went trail riding in Tennessee, been in the swamps of Louisiana, been to the Tetons and Yellowstone several times , been to several places in Pennsylvania. What I'm trying to say is what a wonderful country we live in from east to west , north to south . We should enjoy and remember all of our states were here before us and will be here long after we are gone for future generations pleasure. It would be sad if one had to actually go out of the country to visit say Texas , Louisiana, Miss. Calif. or any other that was "kicked out"
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #27

davidjc, I must admit, the next time I buy a motorhome, I want to take a test drive across Louisiana on I-10. Any suspension that can smooth out that road , has got to be the worlds best.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #28

Carolina Campers
Boy, some of you are really brutal.... If I made some of those comments the moderator would probably have deleted it and tell me it was causing controversy....

Anyway, I love all 50 (50 out of 57 ain't bad) states, hey, I even like Texas.... If you have ever stayed in some places like Palo Duro Canyon, on the gulf, in the bad lands or even other places in Texas, you would agree it ain't all bad...