Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
The sad part of many of these polls is that they are based on nothing more than people's prejudices and perceptions. A major chunk of the poplulation of the US thinks that NY State is just NY City and don't realize that much of NY State is farmland and forest. Most also don't realize that most folks outside of Metro NY are really pretty nice.

Many people that I know who travel a lot would say that the rudest and most arrogant place in the US would have to be Boston and some of the nicest folks in the US are down south and that includes Texas.

A funnier poll, at least for those of us on the edge of Canada, would be the perceptions that Canadians have of each of their provinces. My guess is that Quebec would "win" most of the negative awards.
Being a "former" WNY'er, I concur with this statement. I grew up almost on Lake Erie and we had some of the most beautiful scenery around. Rolling hills, large grape vineyards and the water. I have shown people pictures of some of the beaches and they thought they were in the tropics or Florida. We just get the stigma because we are associated with the city. Most of us would cut NYC off and make it a seperate entity unto its own. So as far as rude, Boston is there, and some of LA. They are just snobs there. You're not from SoCal or whatever they call it now so you're not worthy types. Then you get to Frisco and northern Cali and have some great people. Who knows. We're all in this together so lets just all get along.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #44

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
According to this survey we are all pretty boring here in New Mexico and thats just how we like it! The biggest question here in NM is "would you like Red or Green"?
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #45

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
According to this survey we are all pretty boring here in New Mexico and thats just how we like it! The biggest question here in NM is "would you like Red or Green"?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
Wow, that's a tough one, some days it's colorado, some days it's verde.
Glenn
Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #47

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsfloyd View Post
I'm from Texas and proud to be a Texan , the only people I truly don't like is where you say good morning to and get no response from them .......

My mama taught me it's better to say nothing at all than to say something rude...and I don't do mornings until I've had my coffee... 2 cups is best. So should we meet in a campground and you 'good morning' me... nothing might be better than my growl...If I'm really pressed... and it's like my boss or something, maybe the govenor or President, I might be able to muster a mumbled 'hi'... but please don't judge me until I've had my coffee! I am really a friendly person, very kind...would give you the shirt off my hubby's back kind of person... but I don't do mornings. (Hubby's because it would be indecent to give you mine...)
Old 01-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #48

Solo Rvers Club
What an interesting thread, I have traveled across my own country many times and lived and worked in every province.My most favourite adventure however was to leave N.S. and travel south all the while keeping a 'slant to arrive in AZ where a fellow traveler was staying for the winter and then travel north west to Vancouver BC... it was amazing! I et so many folks along the way who were most interested in the license plates, a few wanted to know where was this place, and one man followed us for about 4 miles and parked behind us and jumped out of his car, he was so excited...'are you REALLY from N.S?? he was also from the Atlantic provinces and was quite happy to chat with us. He had been living in the south for a few years and said it was rare to see a Canuk (this was a long time ago when most went to Fl on the east coast and Cal on the west.

I must tell you that it was my first experience with catfish and hush puppies...
I am very familiar with all kinds of seafood but this was my first ever catfish...

I drove the rest of the gang nuts because I had 'em for breakfast, I had 'em for lunch and also for supper... if they didn't serve catfish I didn't want to eat there!! the others had all sorts of different dishes but not me..
I have never forgotten the experience nor had it's like after I left the south,
I did have a feed of southern fried chicken and it passed every meal of chicken I had ever eaten by 100% ...

I tried the hush-puppies a few times but sad to say they were not a favourite but I still love the name...

I never encountered a rude person on my travels, I never saw terrible scenery, I did encounter a few less educated, not rude, who wanted to know more about my home, I did see some less striking (not ugly, just different) places and I also found places that made me afraid to take another breath for fear it would disappear ... and folks who made me feel so at home in spite of my ignorance of their particular ways.

Like so many of you on this thread the downs were insignificant to the highs
and the laughter louder than the tears, and the wonderful feeling of camaraderie was as vast and wide as the continent of North America.

And to all my neighbors here at home and to the south , I thank you for this wonderful journey (yes, even Quebec which is truly beautiful and has a wonderful joie de vivre if you join in!)
thanks to all and I know I will have more of the same as I carry on towards my destination...wherever that may be!

(remember there is beauty in everything and everyone if you look for the spirit )
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Been to all of them and have found something nice in each one.

To me Alaska is the most beautiful state of all.

Texas seemed to be easiest to make friends (thanks WayneM and Earlene)

Thought the south had the best, perhaps not the healthiest food, but tasty.

The rocky beaches of the north east and the old architecture of their buildings and homes were well worth the time spent there.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #50

X2 on the beauty in each state

[moderator edit]
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #51

I've been in all the states, Canada and Mexico. I live summers in Colorado and winter in AZ or Calif. I have not been in a state I didn't like, just some more than others. Each is wonderful but some have a few people that I avoid.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #52

In 45 years, we "saw" all but Hawaii.

Now we can do them all again, but focus on smaller oysters, wherein occasional pearls can be found.

But, we do not "see" states anymore. We experience interesting places on an entire continent. We can branch out from there.

There is now something a bit more special than vacations that had a destination. The Journey is Our Destination!

Have fun out on the Rainbow, folks!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
In the 25 yrs that I was in the bus tour business I've been in all 48 contiguous states and 9 provinces of Canada. I'd say the most courteous drivers are in Winnipeg and the most aggressive are in Boston. Quebeceans as a group are the most rude that we ever encountered and we quit taking tours there for that reason.

I came to TEXAS after living in Philly and Georgia and I much prefer TX. I like treating women like ladies and opening doors for them. We were in NYC and were having trouble trying to find a museum, when we stopped to ask instructions the lady said "If you don't mind, I'll take you there." She wouldn't even let me give her EL fare to get back to were she was going.

There isn't anything any better or worse then anything in TEXAS, it's just a Texan will take 20 minutes to tell you about it. We have something called TEXAS proud and I haven't seen it in any other state near as strong.

We've enjoyed the snows in CO, New England and Novia Scotia in the fall, the heat in the desert in CA (125 and the gennie was broke - no AC), the mist in WA, the swamps in GA and FLA. I could go on and on, but every state has beauty and the beast, it depends on YOUR outlook.

After my rant, have a blessed day.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote