Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #1

How Camping Got Started

The good ole days on the frontier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wagon.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	6127  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The first Prevost conversion.

WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hey "lostagain":

Thanks for the great pic. I can see the "fresh water tank," but where's the black and grey tanks?? And....where do they mount the GPS???

Steve & Lynette
Old 10-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks like that was the two horsepower model. Probably ran pretty good since it does not have pollution controls.

Ken
Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #5

To TXiceman: I take it that you never had to walk behind a horsedrawn plow. BOY, talk about pollution!! Both air (methane) and ground (liquid and semi-firm horse apples). The odors tend to linger like the aroma around a deak skunk on the highway.

nitehawk
Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #6

Chickadee.

Where's the black and grey tanks??.....See the shovel leaning on the left front wheel.

And....where do they mount the GPS???.....Hand held.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #7

This was the Class A model. Note the painted dinette with chairs. No booths to interfere with space. Also has an outside kitchen, with portable sink.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is obviously the first Pace Arrow (without the Arrow) I can tell this by the ''layout'' of the floor plan. (level floor) By the placement of the dinette (lots of room). The propulsion unit in the ''FRONT'' of camper so that you can hear and see when a problem might arise while traveling. This also makes repairs and maintenance easy because the ''propulsion unit'' is easily exposed for repairs and or replacement. Good strong round wheels that ''transmit'' rode conditions to the driver and passenger. A full accessories pack containing a shovel and other accessories to make camping both fun and sanitary. A full fledged superfluous item stowage area (the tail gate) for carrying those extra thingies we all need while camping like a satellite dish, bicycles, a scooter, etc etc .....

Yep, gotta be a Pace Arrow (without the arrow)....
QUALITY SHOWS .......

ON NOVEMBER 11 THANK A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM .......
Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seajay, I thought on the first Pace Arrow (without the arrow) the fore and aft wheels were the same size. It looks to be a later version possibly when the horsepower was increased from two to four but before the tag axle was added.

Maybee you can check with Wayne and see if he remembers the exact model.

Paul
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #10

Worlds biggest flat screen TV/entertainment system, you can see it just on the other side of wagon, and with Cummings power, as in "Ma, Ma, here comes Pa. He's a Cummings with the horses/oxen/mules. " Choices of torque/hp.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
''Maybee you can check with Wayne and see if he remembers the exact model.''

Ok Paul............. (big grinnnnnn) Seems to me that you are indicating that my friend Wayne the Marine is real old and should remember this model.
(talking like John Wayne now) ''Well let me tell you something Pilgrim, I'll have you know that Wayne the Marine aint half as old as he looks, and furthermore. (doing a John Wayne gesture with my right hand like he did in Mc Clintock before the fight scene) (still in John Wayne character) ''I'll have you know that Wayne the Marine did not fight in the civil war like everyone assumes''. '' He just got premature ugly''... (doin the John Wayne walk away like he did in North to Alaska, stopping and turning and pointing like he did in Rio Bravo) ''And one more remark like that about Wayne the Marine and I'll have to come over there and thump you on the head 'cause Wayne the Marine cant help that he looks so old.'' (taking the John Wayne stance and placing right hand on 6 shooter and lookin right under the brim of his hat like he did in another movie that I cant remember the name of right now but I am sure you know which one it was)

Out of John Wayne character now cause the hat gives me a headache......
All in fun my friend ........ But dont mess around with John Wayne......lol.....

God bless our vets and thank them for our freedom .....
Old 10-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
The good ole days on the frontier.

Hey guys, I don't think this is a class A cuz the propellsion unit isn't actually included in the unit. Looks to me more like a 5th wheel or travel trailer. The tow unit for this is probably in town at the wally-world picking up some beer and ice and maybe some batteries for the AC/DC TV or video games. JMHO
Old 10-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #13

The propellsion unit is over at the fuel island.