Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
I try to remember the following story as guidance.
About 1959 my mother was in a ride pool and one winter evening on the way home the lady whose turn it was to drive came to the 4 way stop and her car died. It failed to immediately restart and as cars of that era were want to do it would catch and fail, catch and fail which exercised the lady. The driver behind her began blowing his horn. Mom said that at that instant she took the key out of the ignition, walked back to the driver and said: Here is the key, you start it and I'll honk your horn!"
He did not opt to answer. Upon return the car started for her and once down the road bit all in the car broke up laughing so hard they pulled over until once again composed.

Chowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by doc
I will ask. How long DID you take dumping?
I suspect after 2+ years FT she has it down by now - but also suspect she took all the time she needed, and doubt there was a meter on the hose or dump. :

But yes Barb do tell - how long did it take? And how much quicker might you have been without Mr. friendly and his taunting? Perhaps you should let Sena do it next time. But then again - a solo woman - doing it herself - a Texas gentleman might well have offered to lend a hand. And that same Texas gentleman might well have offered to dot that jerks eye for bullying you.

Have ya made to Seattle yet?
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --

Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #17
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All kinds of kinds

One of my somg writer buddies (Don Henry) wrote 'All Kinds Of Kinds' and managed to sell it to Miranda Lambert. "Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds".

You just had the bad luck to run into one of the wack-o kind!

Maybe he was in a rented RV?
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
The saying "You can't fix stupid" should be expanded with "and you can't change rude."
Jim and Darlene Wright
plus Ryder, the Ethiopian
monkeybeaver dog
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #19
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well - pity his wife and be glad he's not in your life anymore.
Tom and Amy from Northern Virginia.
2000 Allegro 454/Workhorse P32/TST/Crossfire
Life is a DIY project - enjoy it.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If your ever going to have trouble , it will be at the dump station. When we go camping at Leo Carillo Beach in California, I always leave on Monday (retired) rather than attempt the dump station on Sunday when everyone is leaving. It seems that everyone has their own method of dumping and none of them are like yours. I would rather dump the stuff than receive it or dish it out !!!
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Were you using one of the slow macerator systems? I seldom use mine as it just plain takes too long. I also will not bother to rinse and flush the black tank in consideration of others waiting to use the dump.

My cameo has rather large wast tanks and it does take a while to dump the gray even using the stinky slinky.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #22
National RV Owners Club
I think the OP stated that the other party had been there approx 2 mins. That should tell us all we need to know about how reasonable the other party was. I had a similar experience except with driving up a hill. I had been on the road exactly 5 mins and I was going up a steeping winding hill in Oregon. Would have gone faster if I could have but that is my vehicle. After 5 mins, a passing lane came up and I duly pulled over in to the far right lane. "A HAT" behind me blows passed me honking and yelling indignantly like he had been stuck behind me for two hours. It was 5 MINS with no opportunities to pull over. What does he expect me to do? Same experience when my awning was ripped off in transit by high winds right on the Columbia River Bridge. I had support arms flying around, metal dragging what have you. It was a risk to others of having a support arm blowing right off and through their windscreen. It took me 10 mins to wrestle it all down enough even climbing on top of my rig with 60 mph gusts to make enough of a temp repair to get off the bridge. That is a lot of fun I can tell you! Same thing, cars behind me honking and yelling like somehow there was something different to be done. Not one of those so called drivers seemed to think, "hey maybe I can give this guy a hand?" Sometimes just want to take a baseball bat and beat them senseless as if they had any to begin with.
1999 - National Tropi Cal
sirpurrcival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
Rudeness at the dump station

We left a private campsite and didn't dump as the lines we long. Several miles down the road was a Flying J with free dumping. Two rvs in our party. A class A scooted in ahead of us and dumped the preceded to block the dump while he filled up his water tank as his hometown was under drought restrictions. I said outloud that he could have turned his Class A around and still got water. He could have cared less that that two RVS were waiting to dump.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #24
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh I see there are many stories swirling around dump stations. I seldom use them as most of the places I park are private property where I have installed or have access to a clean out plug into their septic or sewer system.

No, JohnBoyToo, I'm not any of those ladies you mentioned. You'd remember me, there's usually a monkey on my shoulder.

I seriously try to be considerate of others and have even been known to pick up trash or pull weeds around the dump station. Why not? I have gloves on and there's nothing else to do besides watch what's coming out of the hose.

I don't rinse the tanks if someone else is waiting, I pull far forward if I need fresh water. I believe in Karma -- if I dump it on someone else, the universe will dump on me. I fully expect to be repaid for slowing down the process after he became abusive.

I'm going to chalk this off to one of life's lessons. He was having a bad day and needed to dump more than his holding tanks. Hopefully he expended all of his anger towards me and not in his wife's direction.

Could I have acted more adult? yes Could I have been more like him? Oh yea!

And Doc, I was finished in maybe 6-8 minutes after he left. The next guy waited less than 5 for me to finish, stow the hose and lock up. How long does it take for your tanks to empty?
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #25
I grew up having dumpsters worth of crap thrown at me, so I have plenty of it to throw back. Then I use my secret weapon... heel dust............
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #26
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
How long to dump my tank? Hmm! About 5 or 6 minutes for the black, two to three for the galley and gray. So total would be about 8-9 minutes. Why 5-6 for the black? Well, after I dump I always back flush. MY back flush hose is hooked while the tank is dumping and it is running. A few minutes after the "brown goes down" and I see semi-clear running out, I close the valve and wait 1 minute, open the valve and repeat the process. Then I close the valve, remove the hose end from the coach and put on the attachment for rinsing the line. Next I have to put everything away and that takes about 1 minute.

So all in all I'm done in under 10 minutes. If that is to long for someone behind me, they need to get a life. They are lucky that I seldom ever dump at a public dump site, and at CG sites, only if the do not have FHU and I have been there two days or longer. An overnighter can stay in the tanks until I get to the next stop.

Barb, the guy was a jerk.

Chowboy, you had me ROFL.

I do remember a story that happened to me. At a light I had just looked down for a minute and the light turned green. The car behind me honked a couple times. I got out, walked around looking at my car, then walked back and asked, "Is something wrong with my car? You were honking at me." I cannot repeat words he used, but by this time time the light was red again. I was tempted to sit there until it changed yellow and proceed but I figured he had enough. This was back in the days when "peacemakers" were not so abundant, but of course now-a-days, who knows.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #27

I'm going to chalk this off to one of life's lessons. He was having a bad day and needed to dump more than his holding tanks. Hopefully he expended all of his anger towards me and not in his wife's direction.

I'll bet on the life of my firstborn that his wife gets his ire all the time. If you were a man, I wonder if he would've behaved so badly. I doubt it.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV
G.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bullies never do their bullying when the odds are even or against them. It goes against the bully code. .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote